Skip to main content

@Pakrz posted:

Having a top 5 pick next year would be crazy.  Brock Bowers, Caleb Williams, Marvin Harrison Jr., Drake Maye, some stud OTs... Looks like some heavy hitters on the horizon.  

I think Maye is a dud. Same inflated numbers from a spread offense that Trubisky and Sam Howell looked competent in. Product of the system similar to the old Texas tech system

@Packy posted:

I know King is mostly despised around here but I always thought he was so close to being a shutdown corner. He was fast,long arms, athletic but never quite put it all together. It was like he blinked at the wrong time or over thought about it. I also wish we would have given him a look-see at safety so we could spell Savage when we had the game rapped up.     

I've gotta say that I'm really impressed by this rookie class.
They all appear to be bright, intelligent young men, and don't seem to be overwhelmed by their environment.
They also seem to be high character, and none had any off-field issues, with the exception of UFDA Brenton Cox, Jr. However, in spite of his troubles, he did well academically, so maybe there's hope for him.

He wasn’t “drafted” but, he’s new for the team AND he’s from Ireland.    ☘ïļ

Daniel Whelan, a native of Ireland who was selected to the all-XFL team last week, has signed with the Green Bay Packers and will compete with veteran Pat O’Donnell.

In the XFL, Whelan ranked third in the league with a 45.6-yard average with 11 inside-the-20 kicks vs. two touchbacks. He led the eight-team league in hangtime. In one game vs. St. Louis, four of his five punts pinned the opponent inside the 20.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.