Skip to main content

Packers had a top 5 / top 10 (depending on the grading) in the NFL last year.

They ended the year with 7 rookies on the total roster.  If there's not a better player available in these late rounds than what they already have, why draft?

The Packers will hope that last years late rounders and UDFAs will be quality depth. Probably why they haven't selected OL yet.

Last edited by PackLandVA
@ChilliJon posted:

GB OL depth is thinner than Savages chances of handling safety on his own. I don’t get either round 5 pick.

I agree on the O-Line concerns, but I think it’s likely the Pack is hoping some of last year’s rookies make a jump.  Tom was impressive for a rookie, the rest of them all looked pretty shaky and questionable.

That said, I think the Pack will give Rhyan, Walker, and the big FA tackle from Indiana U a chance to make a jump in their 2nd year.  If it doesn’t work out, I think they go back to drafting more O-Line guys in earlier rounds in 2024.

I think GB is looking at 2023 as a lost wash. Get through whatever happens and load up on OL and DB early in 2024 draft. They’ll have the draft capital. Nothing wrong with playing the long game.  

@fightphoe93 posted:

It is kind of frustrating to see how easily teams are willing to help the Eagles.  I give the Eagles credit though, they know they are in a Championship window right now and doing everything they can to stack that roster.

It’s funny, Howie Roseman started his career with the Eagles as sort of a joke.  He built the disastrous “dream team” of 2011 that set the franchise back for years.  That said, he recovered from that and for the last 7 or 8 years he’s been at worst one of the top 3 or 4 GMs in the NFL.

The power of job experience.

How about picking hunter luepke from my hometown in Wisconsin as a fb. Ndsu kid with a 9.6ras score. Great kid and family. 2 time state wrestling champ. Could replace deguara and special team demon.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • mceclip0
@Pakrz posted:

Is there something wrong with Anthony Johnson (Safety) out of Iowa State?  I thought he was rated as a mid-round guy...

I forgot about Johnson Pakrz. There was some pre-draft hype about him moving up and he had a pretty good career at ISU. Versatile too as he played both Corner and Safety.

@Pakrz posted:

Is there something wrong with Anthony Johnson (Safety) out of Iowa State?  I thought he was rated as a mid-round guy...

Late round. He's very hit-or-miss as a tackler. He's also pretty raw as a safety.

@Pakrz posted:

Same for Andre Carter at OLB from Army... I thought he was rated much higher as well and is still on the board.

That's a weird one. I know there were questions about his strength and his 40 time was mediocre but his agilty tests were good and the commitement things has been cleared.

@13X posted:

So we have Savage and Rudy Ford at Safety. Who else currently on the Roster? I know Scott just got released and I'm not sure if they view Carpenter as more of an ILB or a safety.

You were hoping to get a safety from this draft????

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.