Skip to main content

I didn't think there was any way in hell that Gute was actually going to use all 13 of these picks. He very well could have tried, and the value wasn't there, but I thought for sure he was going to move back into the 4th RD for someone they had targeted.

Gonna' churn that roster. Can you say you're "rebuilding" without saying that you're rebuilding...

Reed will bring a ton of value with his versatility and return skills.  Van Ness may take a year or two but I think he's going to be a beast.  He has everything he needs dominate.  If Gute hit on both TEs, look out.  I also love drafting two DL to add to the mix.  Not taking an OL was odd with all those picks GB had.  I don't like the QB from things I've read about him but it's whatever.

@Pakrz posted:

Reed will bring a ton of value with his versatility and return skills.  Van Ness may take a year or two but I think he's going to be a beast.  He has everything he needs dominate.  If Gute hit on both TEs, look out.  I also love drafting two DL to add to the mix.  Not taking an OL was odd with all those picks GB had.  I don't like the QB from things I've read about him but it's whatever.

Not taking any OL was odd. I think we will be fine at tackle with some depth but I don’t  like the thought of Hanson and Newman being our top backups on the inside. Hopefully others will emerge there.

@13X posted:

Not taking any OL was odd. I think we will be fine at tackle with some depth but I don’t  like the thought of Hanson and Newman being our top backups on the inside. Hopefully others will emerge there.

GB normally takes several of them.  In his presser, Gute stated that after the first several OL were off the board, he was concerned that none of the draft picks would make the roster because of the quality depth already on the team.  

Andrew Brandt on the Lions draft:

The Lions used their two first round picks to draft a running back and an inside linebacker, two traditionally low value positions. The draft gives teams a financial advantage with high value positions such as quarterback, defensive line, offensive tackle, and even wide receiver. But for those other positions? I just don’t get it.

@YATittle posted:

Andrew Brandt on the Lions draft:

The Lions used their two first round picks to draft a running back and an inside linebacker, two traditionally low value positions. The draft gives teams a financial advantage with high value positions such as quarterback, defensive line, offensive tackle, and even wide receiver. But for those other positions? I just don’t get it.

Loins basically dumped their dynamic duo running back tandem. They might be the media darlings in the NFC this year but the Loins gonna Loin!

From Today's New York Times:

Some teams draft the best available athletes. Others draft for need. The Packers may be the first N.F.L. team to draft for spite. Having finally traded Rodgers to the Jets at the start of the week, the Packers assembled a draft class that appeared tailored to make Rodgers jealous.

The Packers added three pass catchers on Friday evening: Oregon State tight end Luke Musgrave (42nd overall), Michigan State receiver Jayden Reed (50th) and South Dakota State tight end Tucker Kraft (78th). The Packers chose Musgrave, a 6-foot-6 target of the type Rodgers prefers, one spot ahead of the Jets, using one of the picks they acquired in the Rodgers trade.

The Packers were depleted at tight end, and they needed to rebuild their offense for their new starting quarterback, Jordan Love, so of course they did not really select three versatile playmakers as the football equivalent of wearing a white dress to an ex-spouse’s wedding.

Still, the Jets had a rather quiet weekend — their picks included defensive end Will McDonald IV, center Joe Tippmann and offensive tackle Carter Warren, who are fine additions but not headline-grabbers — while the Packers cheerfully embraced a future without Rodgers.

Living well, after all, is the best revenge.

@YATittle posted:

From Today's New York Times:

Some teams draft the best available athletes. Others draft for need. The Packers may be the first N.F.L. team to draft for spite. Having finally traded Rodgers to the Jets at the start of the week, the Packers assembled a draft class that appeared tailored to make Rodgers jealous.

The Packers added three pass catchers on Friday evening: Oregon State tight end Luke Musgrave (42nd overall), Michigan State receiver Jayden Reed (50th) and South Dakota State tight end Tucker Kraft (78th). The Packers chose Musgrave, a 6-foot-6 target of the type Rodgers prefers, one spot ahead of the Jets, using one of the picks they acquired in the Rodgers trade.

The Packers were depleted at tight end, and they needed to rebuild their offense for their new starting quarterback, Jordan Love, so of course they did not really select three versatile playmakers as the football equivalent of wearing a white dress to an ex-spouse’s wedding.

Still, the Jets had a rather quiet weekend — their picks included defensive end Will McDonald IV, center Joe Tippmann and offensive tackle Carter Warren, who are fine additions but not headline-grabbers — while the Packers cheerfully embraced a future without Rodgers.

Living well, after all, is the best revenge.

TLDR

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.