Skip to main content

I guess the bigger story is Dallas's loss more than GB's win.  That's the majority of what these clips are talking about.  The Carton clip above was 90% DAL.  To top it off, his closing statement was how GB's run was going to meet an ugly end next weekend.  "SF favored by 10, the over is 50 and 40 of those pts will be SF."

Good.  I think this GB team is feeding off this type of stuff.

Last edited by DH13
@DH13 posted:

I guess the bigger story is Dallas's loss more than GB's win.  That's the majority of what these clips are talking about.  The Carton clip above was 90% DAL.  To top it off, his closing statement was how GB's run was going to meet an ugly end next weekend.  "SF favored by 10, the over is 50 and 40 of those pts will be SF."

Good.  I think this GB team is feeding off this type of stuff.

Some people just never learn.  Study your history.

@titmfatied posted:

I think we can blame that pick 6 on Dak, right?    I do think that given what Dallas was trying to do last night, MM overestimated Dak's ability to play big in big games. GB took away CeeDee and Dak/MM kept trying to get him involved rather than look at other guys and trust he would come open later when coverages had to change. The way Dak/MM started reminded me of Rodgers to only Adams, time after time after time. CeeDee's facial expressions and the way he acted were telling. Then it snowballed. In the second half, they went away from CeeDee and their game opened up. But! The super duo of MLF/Love just kept rolling.

The secret weapon in GB is that MM calls plays for anyone on the field at any time, and Love gets the ball to all of them. The D has no clue where the ball's going next.

@Fandame posted:

The secret weapon in GB is that MM MLF calls plays for anyone on the field at any time, and Love gets the ball to all of them. The D has no clue where the ball's going next.

FTFY 🤭 Freudian slip 😉

@GreenBayLA posted:

RG111 on BSPN radio: bring in Coach Prime Dion sanders to Dallas. He brings right mindset and knows how to win on biggest level.
Hmmm

RG III doesn’t have a fucking clue. Another guy hoping for clicks. He straight out sucks on ESPN.

Sanders has made it clear that he has no desire to coach in the NFL.  He prefers to coach/mentor young men at the college level according to him.  

Besides, he couldn't even win in the crappy PAC12 and will likely struggle in the BIG12 next season.  

Last edited by Pakrz
@GreenBayLA posted:

RG111 on BSPN radio: bring in Coach Prime Dion sanders to Dallas. He brings right mindset and knows how to win on biggest level.
Hmmm

Please!🙏 They need the most overrated coach in the entire world, regardless of sport.

the media coverage of the game has sucked. There is 2% coverage of what Jordan Love and the Packers accomplished as the 7th seed and the youngest team in the league. 98% of the coverage has been OMG what happened to the Cowboys, what happened to their defense, what happened to Dak, what happened to Mike McCarthy, is he going to be fired, Jerry Jones is sad, this was not supposed to happen. Bunch of hacks!!!

@Fandame posted:

I think we can blame that pick 6 on Dak, right?    I do think that given what Dallas was trying to do last night, MM overestimated Dak's ability to play big in big games. GB took away CeeDee and Dak/MM kept trying to get him involved rather than look at other guys and trust he would come open later when coverages had to change. The way Dak/MM started reminded me of Rodgers to only Adams, time after time after time. CeeDee's facial expressions and the way he acted were telling. Then it snowballed. In the second half, they went away from CeeDee and their game opened up. But! The super duo of MLF/Love just kept rolling.

The secret weapon in GB is that MM calls plays for anyone on the field at any time, and Love gets the ball to all of them. The D has no clue where the ball's going next.

He is so desperate to hang onto his shitty take from yesterday morning. Everyone on that crew was saying the Cowboys had more pressure on them and the Packers will play loose and free because there's no expectations.

Rex was having no part of that. The pressure was EQUAL for both team and Dallas was going to win easy because they had the better players.

@Pakrz posted:

Sanders has made it clear that he has no desire to coach in the NFL.  He prefers to coach/mentor young men at the college level according to him.  

Besides, he couldn't even win in the crappy PAC12 and will likely struggle in the BIG12 next season.  

He also said the pro players are rich and comfortable and less willing to learn.

@titmfatied posted:

Rewatching this game it's pretty striking how well 10 is managing the game clock compared to the latter years of 12's reign. Everything seems smooth and in sync in the operation.

What's more is how all 11 guys were making sure they all knew what Love was calling/changing. Jones, the wrs and the tight ends all mimicking Love's signs and hand signals so no one missed the call. That might be the biggest change in the last two months. They were sloppy, out of sorts, not sure of their assignment or route. They cleaned much of that up and it locked them in.

@titmfatied posted:

Eisen's point about "what if the Packers are the best team in the NFC playoffs" is a valid one and it relates to something I beat to death regarding the last GB SB team.  The narrative that the 2010 team, a 6 seed, "just got hot at the right time" leaves out a lot about what that team really was.  That team, as proven by it's 15-1 2011 regular season, was an offensive juggernaut and AR was the best QB in the league.  They just started reaching the plateau in late 2010.  Same team.  In addition to that, they got hot.

I don't want to get over my skis and be overreactionary because we don't yet know how good this team will be over the long haul or even next year.  But they could be experiencing the same thing.  Could.  Maybe.  Maybe they're peaking at the right time and this is just the beginning.

Last edited by DH13
@DH13 posted:

Eisen's point about "what if the Packers are the best team in the NFC playoffs" is a valid one and it relates to something I beat to death regarding the last GB SB team.  The narrative that the 2010 team, a 6 seed, "just got hot at the right time" leaves out a lot about what that team really was.  That team, as proven by it's 15-1 2011 regular season, was an offensive juggernaut and AR was the best QB in the league.  They just started reaching the plateau in late 2010.  Same team.  In addition to that, they got hot.

I don't want to get over my skis and be overreactionary because we don't yet know how good this team will be over the long haul or even next year.  But they could be experiencing the same thing.  Could.  Maybe.  Maybe they're peaking at the right time and this is just the beginning.

There's something to be said about the head coach rounding a team into shape as you come into December. Although recent history doesn't bare it out, McCarthy had the knack in GB to struggle early through midseason, and when it counted he had his guys playing their best football. Twice during that era, maybe even three times, that team went to Seattle with a great gameplan and executed to build a lead before going into a shell and pissing it away. He beat Dallas in Dallas multiple times. I think that 2010 team got hot at the right time, but just as much, became who they were going to be.

I also think that team proved they were more than just a fluke for one year, as opposed to a NYG team who really did get hot-twice- at the right time, while reverting back to form in their downswing. Taking nothing away from their two rings, but if there was ever fluky playoff runs, it was that Giants team.

Just awful game plans on both sides of the ball from Dallas. They could have run the ball for 5 yards every time we were in Nickel. On defense they played a 6 man box on 48 of 58 plays with one of their ILBers weighing 205 pounds, no way to stop the run.

@DH13 posted:

It was MM's ability to have the team play their best ball starting the playoffs that had me thinking he could do that with DAL yesterday.

Yeah, he's definitely capable. But I think there's way too much hype and noise around that franchise. Too many distractions and drama bullshit. Jerry Jones is his own worst enemy. Unfortunately, coach Mike will be the scapegoat on this one. Still a vg head coach.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.