Skip to main content

He’ll be a guard in the NFL. Was hoping they trade up from 41 to 30-32 to get Morgan or Kingsley S. Now I hope they trade up similarly to grab Kool-Aid.

Edit to add that the talking head on ABC thinks he will continue at LT in the NFL, and possibly be a day one starter. If that is the case, this will turn out to be a fine pick. Going to need him against Dallas Turner.

Last edited by tsr86free

Bills trading out?

Whoa! With the Chiefs! That's like Green Bay trading with San Fran.

And the Chiefs get a 4.21 receiver to run by Bills defenders in the playoffs.

Bills get a three back they gave up for Rasul, but send back a four.

Last edited by Herschel

Gute is a genius. Gute will trade up. Gute will trade down. Gute takes a guy who is basically found by them in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Is this the guy Gute was hiding?

Last edited by D J

From theathletic.net

https://theathletic.com/543680...grades-2024-round-1/

25. Green Bay Packers: Jordan Morgan, G/T, Arizona

The Packers had needs both along their offensive line and in the secondary. They opted for Morgan rather than addressing that secondary, which intercepted a league-low seven passes last season. Morgan certainly is a first-round prospect, but Green Bay missed a chance to improve at its most vulnerable spot.

Largely considered a guard, Morgan (6-5, 311) started 37 games over five seasons at Arizona. His arm length (32 7/8 inches) probably will keep him inside, but Morgan could kick outside, if necessary. A first-team All-Pac-12 selection, Morgan has huge hands (11 inches) and ran a 5.04-second 40 at the combine. He should be able to start right away at right guard.

Grade: C

@tsr86free posted:

Being a Cats fan, does Morgan have no chance of returning #25 value?

Of course he does.  Why? Because the draft is a crapshoot.  Plenty of 1st Rounders fail.  Plenty of under-drafted players succeed. A "reach" in April and/or in one year is not necessarily a reach down the line.

I trust Gute and the scout team.  It's not a "desperation pick" or a "boom/bust".  I like the pick.

@PackLandVA posted:

Of course he does.  Why? Because the draft is a crapshoot.  Plenty of 1st Rounders fail.  Plenty of under-drafted players succeed. A "reach" in April and/or in one year is not necessarily a reach down the line.

I trust Gute and the scout team.  It's not a "desperation pick" or a "boom/bust".  I like the pick.

He projects as a guard. It's a meh pick at 25.

I think this may suggest several things.

1. Gutey and MLF have a lot of confidence in Valentine and Ballentine to go along with Alexander. I'm not sure what to think of Stokes at this point.

2. Maybe they wanted Arnold and the Lions leapfrogged them to get him?

3. They may not be sold on Sean Rhyan as a starter. You generally don't draft interior lineman in the first round to sit them on the bench.

4. Morgan seems like a developmental prospect in that most of the mock drafts commented on his biggest need is to get into an NFL nutrition and weight program and add bulk to his lower body. He seems to have the frame to do it, but he's less likely to make an impact this year than a starting level DB.

@BrainDed posted:

If ya like a early 2nd rounder, move up in the 2nd to get him.    

That is assuming the “consensus” board matches that of the teams, which of course, it won’t and doesn’t. I’ll admit that was my initial reaction, too, but we just don’t know anything other than the Packers loved Morgan at 25.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.