Skip to main content

@tsr86free posted:

Being a Cats fan, does Morgan have no chance of returning #25 value?

I'm a UA basketball fan...  I pay very little attention to the football team.  I will say that UA has an undersized but speedy/shifty WR late in the draft that will likely surprise in the NFL.  

The Morgan kid is probably okay... but I wanted Dejean.  

Jesus fuck.

The Bills allowing the Chiefs, the team they can’t beat in the playoffs, to move up on their dime, and take Xavier Worthy, is one of the most flummoxing moves I’ve seen in a while, especially when considering how badly Buffalo needs receiver help for Josh Allen.

Worthy runs a 4.21 40. Wow.

The rich just got richer. And how does Buffalo’s GM explain this move?

I’m with Greeny here. Somebody tell me why the Bills would help their nemesis improve that much? They had to know KC was looking to improve their one weak area, which was receiver.

I am not worried about draft. Gutey nailed last years draft and his #1 pick didn't do much. It's what he did after the first round that he did great. Most of those picked after no.1 would be picked in the first round if teams could have a do over.

@Herschel posted:

Packers have Love, Chicago takes Caleb and Minnesota takes McCarthy, Detroit counters in the secondary:

CB: Arnold, Carlton Davis

S: Melifonwu, Joseph

NB: Brian Branch

That looks pretty good.

I like our chances.

If anybody knows, Silver does

@MikeSilver:  Based on my conversations with other teams, the 49ers are now more likely to deal Deebo Samuel than they are Brandon Aiyuk. Stay tuned.

Funniest thing I heard tonight was that Kark Cousins was unaware that the Falcons were drafting Michael Penix. He was oblivious and reportedly unhappy with the Falcon's brass for drafting Penix. Wondering how long before Kark starts using ayahuasca and goes to the darkness retreats?

Last edited by mrtundra
@mrtundra posted:

Funniest thing I heard tonight was that Kark Cousins was unaware that the Falcons were drafting Michael Pennix. Hew was oblivious and reportedly unhappy with the Falcon's brass for drafting Penix.

Wonder if he forces a trade to New York before returning to the Vikings.

Last edited by Boris
@ilcuqui posted:

If anybody knows, Silver does

@MikeSilver:  Based on my conversations with other teams, the 49ers are now more likely to deal Deebo Samuel than they are Brandon Aiyuk. Stay tuned.

That's not surprising ...Deebo is fantastic when he's ON THE FIELD....he's hurt a lot.....and don't think other teams haven't noticed the Packers 32nd (salary cap) ranked receiver room. They all want some of what the Packers are cookin'!🤫

Last edited by Boris
@mrtundra posted:

Funniest thing I heard tonight was that Kark Cousins was unaware that the Falcons were drafting Michael Pennix. He was oblivious and reportedly unhappy with the Falcon's brass for drafting Penix. Wondering how long before Kark starts using ayahuasca and goes to the darkness retreats?

While I don't feel for Kirk at all, what are the Falcons doing? It's one thing to have a long-term QB at the end of his career and drafting a replacement in the late first but another thing to sign an aging QB to a huge deal in free agency and then take a QB in the top 10.  The benefit of a young QB is a low cap hit. Cousins contract totally negates that.

@ilcuqui posted:

@WesHod:  The #Packers have 10 picks the next two days (four on Friday).

The rest of the NFC North has 12 picks the next two days (two on Friday).

And this is why the Packers will continue to have success.  You can't build a team with only a few picks.

Add on to this MN only has like 4 picks all of next year as well (a 1st and then they don't pick again until the 5th).  The Bears have 4 picks in the entire draft this year.  4!

Not sure how MN or Chicago build around their new QB with so few picks, most of which are late rounders as it is.

GB on the other hand has had 35 picks in the last 3 years (if they don't trade up or down this year).  We're actually trying to build a team for the future around Jordan.

@vitaflo posted:

And this is why the Packers will continue to have success.  You can't build a team with only a few picks.

Add on to this MN only has like 4 picks all of next year as well (a 1st and then they don't pick again until the 5th).  The Bears have 4 picks in the entire draft this year.  4!

Not sure how MN or Chicago build around their new QB with so few picks, most of which are late rounders as it is.

GB on the other hand has had 35 picks in the last 3 years (if they don't trade up or down this year).  We're actually trying to build a team for the future around Jordan.

Exactly.  They continue to have success because the have have conducting business over the years that you draft, develop, and always look down the road. And they do not go all out dealing picks like a drunken sailor in panic mode. 

As for the Bears you are going to hear all the talking heads saying the Bears can get to the playoffs or win the division.  Sure they have better offensive talent than they have had in a LONG time . But, they will more than likely have to start Williams because the rest of the QB room is Rypien and someone named Tyson Bagent.  Breaking in a new rookie QB every couple of years is always risky no matter what they did in college.

I looked at the spermheads roster and outside of a few players on offense no one really scares me especially on defense.  They also only have a 4th, 2 in the 6th and 2 picks in the 7th round left.  Pretty hard to fill in a roster with holes with just that remaining. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.