Skip to main content

Payton Wilson. The article is from 2021, I think he's had more injuty problems  since and he is 24 years old.

As a senior at Orange High School in Hillsborough, he missed part of his final season after tearing the ACL in his right knee. He tore it again in June of 2018 which forced him to be redshirted in his first season at N.C. State.

Last year, Wilson missed the Wolfpack's bowl game in Jacksonville, Florida, after dislocating both shoulders against Georgia Tech in the regular-season finale.

He returned for the 2021 season with repaired shoulders and renewed expectations. Wilson had led the team in tackles the past two years and was starting to be recognized for his play. He was selected to the preseason All-ACC team and highlighted by coach Dave Doeren as an unquestioned leader on a loaded N.C. State defense.

But two weeks into the season during a road game against Mississippi State, he became the Wolfpack's first casualty, injuring his left shoulder to the point of needing season-ending surgery.

The injury required a very specific surgery — a Bristow procedure, which treats shoulder instability caused by shoulder blade issues.

"I knocked a bit of bone off from my joint, and they had to replace it, put it back and I just had to let it heal," Wilson said.

https://www.fayobserver.com/st...nc-state/6385454001/

Last edited by D J
@Pakrz posted:

Wilson had shoulder surgery that didn't heal well.  He also tore his ACL twice and has a knee that is missing the actual ACL.  

Per Ian Rapaport.

And everyone on X4 is shocked that the medically conservative Green Bay Packers are avoiding this guy?🤷‍♀️

Gute said in his presser that he was considering trading up a couple times to get a player he wanted, but some of the other staff said they thought he could stay patient and wait it out.  Said all the players he was going to move up for did in fact fall to him and were drafted.

Also said all 5 players drafted were from the top 2 rounds on their board.

Also said the trade back after DeJean was picked had nothing to do with DeJean being picked because the trade back was already agreed to 3 picks before Philly moved up to take DeJean.

Last edited by vitaflo

Gotta trust the Gute guys. Interesting directly Passing on DeJean, Wilson and Wright.

But the first 4 picks look solid and his formula has got us SB contenders immediately after a veteran roster overhaul

@WolfPack posted:

Gotta trust the Gute guys. Interesting directly Passing on DeJean, Wilson and Wright.

But the first 4 picks look solid and his formula has got us SB contenders immediately after a veteran roster overhaul

I wonder if he was going to take Dejean with second pick, and him being taken right before us prompted trading the pick?

@FLPACKER posted:

I wonder if he was going to take Dejean with second pick, and him being taken right before us prompted trading the pick?

@vitaflo posted:

[Gute] Also said the trade back after DeJean was picked had nothing to do with DeJean being picked because the trade back was already agreed to 3 picks before Philly moved up to take DeJean.

Last edited by ilcuqui

Day 3 is the day to find those gems. Wicks, Dubbs, Zach Tom, Resheed Walker, Karl Brooks, just to name a few that were plucked by Gute on day 3.

The Packers with what, 9 picks? Man, could be a really interesting day today kids.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.