Skip to main content

We've seen the releases of PKs Carpenter and Lindell. Next week (8/27 by 4pm NY time) clubs must reduce their rosters to a maximum of 75 players.

Today KAN traded under-achiever WR Jonathan Baldwin to SFO for their under-achieving WR AJ Jenkins.

Last week (8/14) Thompson said this about his scouts:

"Going through each team one-by-one, identifying strengths and weaknesses, evaluating young guys. Gives you a look at how a team will be overall, and shows us specific areas we'll want to focus on with our own guys."

Is there a better option for the back-up C out there? I'm not sold on EDS and GVR is probably a year away yet. Are there other positions (not PK) that you'd like to see the Packers staff watch closely over the next couple of weeks?

Last edited by H5
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

It is my understanding soonest Tretter could return is Decemberish...which being a rookie, probably means this season is scrapped, just get ready for OTA's 2014.

Sherrod...who knows. I still say that clown ain't coming back at all. Hope I am wrong, but it smells funny.

Originally Posted by packerboi:

Von Miller to be suspended "at least" 6 games for violating drug policy. That's a huge blow to the DOnkeys.

You've posted with "blow" and "donkeys," in the same sentence. 

Originally Posted by PackFoo:

Sherrod...who knows. I still say that clown ain't coming back at all. Hope I am wrong, but it smells funny.

It smells funny because MM/TT are playing games with the PUP list. He does not want to activate Sherrod now, but instead keep him and that roster spot open on the 53.

PU had an article about it earlier. I don't know if Sherrod makes it back, but it makes the most sense to keep him on PUP list through the first couple games in case he can help down the line. He knows the offense and is likely represents more upside at OT than any of the stiffs out there

As far as Center goes, its Van Roten vs the World. I think about it this way:

What are the chances that the number 3 or 4 Center who gets dumped (from an inferior roster) = upgrade in Green Bay ? Are there really teams with so many NFL-caliber Centers that they are cutting them in August ? Many teams don't even have one...best chance is an older guy like Brian Waters, but we already went down the Jeff Saturday path to no avail

Center is certainly thin, but I just don't believe the Center Fairy is going to be dropping one into our laps any time soon. Then, with no TC or OTA's this guy has to learn an up- tempo, highly multiple hurry-up offense well enough to make the squad over Van Roten or others.

That's asking a lot from a guy who wasn't good enough to make another teams' 53

Originally Posted by Satori:

Jason Spitz is now looking for work, cut by the Jags

Maybe he'd like to come back north... see,there's tons of talented guys available.

Henry would shat himself into multiple orgasms in the unlikely event Spitz returns.

Originally Posted by DurangoDoug:
Originally Posted by Satori:

Jason Spitz is now looking for work, cut by the Jags

Maybe he'd like to come back north... see,there's tons of talented guys available.

Henry would shat himself into multiple orgasms in the unlikely event Spitz returns.

He'd have to bring back that old avatar!

I can't believe Allen Barbre still has a job in the NFL.  He's with the Eagles now.  If he's smart with his money (joke almost writes itself),  he should have a good nest egg for himself and I'm pretty sure he made it long enough to earn the pension.

Originally Posted by titmfatied:

I can't believe Allen Barbre still has a job in the NFL.  He's with the Eagles now.  If he's smart with his money (joke almost writes itself),  he should have a good nest egg for himself and I'm pretty sure he made it long enough to earn the pension.

Believe it or not, he's having a good camp.

Sherrod has an extremely serious leg fracture and he's a clown.  Can someone explain this???  And in all of TT's wisdom, he'll keep a "clown" around and pay him even though he's a "clown".

Really??

Jets cuts

Bills sign Leinart

Donte Stallworth being released by Redskins  (didn't know he was still playing)

Cardinals cut Dan Carpenter 

Asked if QB Colt McCoy is his backup quarterback now, 49ers HC Jim Harbaugh said, “Yeah, yes he is. He played very well."

I'd rather have VY

Expect more cuts today and tomorrow, but I'd be surprised we'll see anyone worth a Packers look in this first pass.

Johnathan Franklin ‏@JFrank2308 9h I've been down but i had to realize my God isn't football but my God is awesome and as long as i have him i have peace. My life is yours GOD Retweeted by Jason Wilde

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 9h Again, Ted Thompson has cut one fourth-round pick as a rookie (WR Cory Rodgers in 2006) in last eight years. #Packers Expand Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 9h That's ambiguous at best. Could mean anything. So I won't assume it means anything. For now, @JFrank2308's Tweets are curious. Nothing more.

Maybe Franklin can get "injured" and serve a year on the PUP.

He hasn't shown a thing...and has he earned a gig over Green or Starks.   Or keep him and dump someone that has actually shown up at another position.

Originally Posted by Iowacheese:

He hasn't shown a thing...and has he earned a gig over Green or Starks.   

Over Starks for ST duties at this point. My RBs on the 53 will be Lacy, Harris, Green, Franklin, Kuhn.

Originally Posted by Hungry5:
Originally Posted by Hungry5:

Interesting that Brandon Bostick is on the No. 1 punt return unit. He's in DJ Williams usual spot.

Oh boy, Brandon Bostick has also replaced DJ Williams in the posse on kickoff returns

Maybe Williams is the TE traded?

Chiefs lose oft-injured tight end Tony Moeaki to fractured shoulder

Moeaki could be a damn good TE, but he makes Turd Ferguson look like the love child of Bert Faver and Cal Ripken, Jr.

Tough couple of days for Hawkeyes in KC - Ricky "Graham Harrell South" Stanzi gets the axe and now Moeaki is hurt again.  

Originally Posted by Hungry5

TE/LS Kyle Nelson

Get him on a plane 20 minutes ago, Ted! No reason to wear out Goode before the season even starts with all the damn kickers filtering through camp. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.