Skip to main content

Ted news conference now, but not on Packers.com

Rob Demovsky     ‏@RobDemovsky          <small class="time">6m</small>       

TT: Doesn't think he's made any changes with to his 53.

On signing a backup QB he is waiting for a consensus on X4 before making move. 

Jason Wilde     ‏@jasonjwilde          <small class="time">2m</small>       

Per , 51 of 53 players on roster have never played  snap for another team. Ted: "Where do you guys get all this stuff?"

Teds answer,  at x4 of course, I really wish he could block other teams from reading it's forum and chat room.

Rob Demovsky     ‏@RobDemovsky          <small class="time">55s</small>       

That's it for Thompson.

Man the Ted always sys too much at these pressers.

Last edited by turnip blood
Originally Posted by PackerHawk:

GBFanForLife is buying it. BJ just needs to be out there with the 1st string offense and he'll stop sucking. Never mind he would be facing 1st string defenses too instead of 2nd and 3rd string defenses.

That is not what I said. From watching the preseason, he really never had an opportunity. The majority of this board is weeping over VY and the guy just plain sucks. VY is 30 years old and did you notice he still sucks. At least with Coleman, you don't really know what you have until he gets in there. Might be different if a receiver is actually open.

It looks like Ted thinks like I do

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/222007731.html

"I think he’s growing," Thompson said of Coleman. "He’s continued to grow and continued to get better and processes the information and that sort of thing. We’re all trying to get better.

"Playing quarterback is an interesting thing. I think I’ve said this before in here, you don’t really know until you know. You’ve got to be put in the fire and see how everything works and the timing and the reactions and all the things that go into playing that position, it’s extraordinarily difficult position to play well."

They obviously felt Harrell wasn't the answer, VY wasn't going to be able to learn the playbook good enough and what was left was a player with no experience but in his 2nd year with the playbook. The guy to me looks like he has the physical attributes and I just believe that if he is out there with other guys that actually know the plays, he might be able to at least give them a chance. With what I saw from VY, there wasn't much hope.

At least with Flynn in just about every preseason game he would flash something and at least looked like he could be a game manager if needed. I never saw that with Harrell and so far have seen it once from Coleman.

I think he needs another year. That interception he threw Thursday was right out of the Bert Favor arsenal.

Oh, and good riddens to VY. He had one TD drive but otherwise looked like crap. He was pretty slow and clumsy on the run too and that was his one good attribute with the Titans.

And coming to Green Bay would change that how?
Originally Posted by RochNyFan:

The one QB who intrigues me is David Carr.  I always thought he had a great arm and lots of talent but he got killed when he was with Houston.  His completion percentage was always high and he seems like an intelligent QB who never had an adequate OL in front of him.

Originally Posted by PackerHawk:

At least with Flynn in just about every preseason game he would flash something and at least looked like he could be a game manager if needed. I never saw that with Harrell and so far have seen it once from Coleman.

I think he needs another year. That interception he threw Thursday was right out of the Bert Favor arsenal.

Oh, and good riddens to VY. He had one TD drive but otherwise looked like crap. He was pretty slow and clumsy on the run too and that was his one good attribute with the Titans.

Completely agree.  The scrubs available aren't going to bring that much to the table, might as well run with Coleman.  It's a eggs all in one basket season.  Trying to get all my cliches in.

I think the Packers will go with BJ for week 1 only.  Then they'll sign a vet and BJ to the practice squad.  It's that whole thing about a vet being on the 53 in week 1 and getting a full year salary as opposed to not being guaranteed the salary if not on the roster for the full year.

I'm sure someone else could explain it better, but AR is healthy today, so there's no need to have a vet backup yet.

Originally Posted by Tdog:

if cousin bloodline is eligible for PS I would think that might be worth a look.

Matthews played a few season already, starting a couple of games for Tennessee.  Don't think hes' eligible for PS. 

Also, not certain Pashos plays G or C.  Believe he's a T only.    Just researched and saw he does play G.

Originally Posted by PackLandVA:

I think the Packers will go with BJ for week 1 only.  Then they'll sign a vet and BJ to the practice squad.  It's that whole thing about a vet being on the 53 in week 1 and getting a full year salary as opposed to not being guaranteed the salary if not on the roster for the full year.

I'm sure someone else could explain it better, but AR is healthy today, so there's no need to have a vet backup yet.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Now, for a slice of cherry pie, name the veteran QB who will replace him.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.