Skip to main content

Originally Posted by Henry:

Don't care about Pashos, look at the Titans C.  

Exactly. PFF, a site a lot of people seem to really respect, graded Valesco pretty highly. Seems pretty obvious he would be a huge immediate upgrade over GVR and Taylor and he would eventually be an upgrade over EDS.

Looks like Broncos and Ravens are showing interest in Velasco. Could see him sign with one of those teams after Thursday night's game.

BAL and DEN have an advantage when it comes to signing veterans since a contract signed after Thursday night's game wouldn't be guaranteed.

I understand we have a lot of free agents after this season, but we still have to play this season.  I hope they're not trying to lowball Valesco.  They're playing with fire with what's on the roster now.

BTW, last year the Ravens signed Birk while we signed Saturday. 

Last edited by titmfatied
Originally Posted by antooo:
Originally Posted by PackLandVA:

Wallace?

William, George or Senaca?

(They all have their own shortcomings.)

Don't forget Taco Wallace

Originally Posted by titmfatied:

I understand we have a lot of free agents after this season, but we still have to play this season.  I hope they're not trying to lowball Valesco.  They're playing with fire with what's on the roster now.

Agreed.

So let's say you are Velasco and your agent comes to you and says:

"We have 3 championship caliber teams that want your services, Denver, Baltimore, Green Bay. IF all things are equal- who will you choose ?

(note: Velasco grew up in Georgia, went to college in Georgia and played at Tennessee in the pros.)

There is zero chance that GB is at the top of that list. Which means the only way Velasco chooses GB is IF TT blows him out of the water on the contract side.

Do you see that happening ?

So when Velasco ends up someplace else, the anxiety will blossom and some fans will rip TT for being a tightwad...

Its the nature of the beast when you aren't the hottest chick at the dance.

And I'd sure like Velasco too, but Green Bay, WI is a tough sell for a southerner

I would think Velasco would choose a guaranteed salary in GB over a non-guaranteed salary in Denver and Baltimore. But for all we know, Ted might have no interest and be perfectly content with EDS, GVR and Taylor.

Originally Posted by Satori:

So when Velasco ends up someplace else, the anxiety will blossom and some fans will rip TT for being a tightwad...

Its the nature of the beast when you aren't the hottest chick at the dance.

And I'd sure like Velasco too, but Green Bay, WI is a tough sell for a southerner

Originally Posted by heyward:

I would think Velasco would choose a guaranteed salary in GB over a non-guaranteed salary in Denver and Baltimore. But for all we know, Ted might have no interest and be perfectly content with EDS, GVR and Taylor.

I hope not. EDS is starting, that's the reality, but I don't see how they can't upgrade over GVR and Taylor

A couple more PS signings:

: The have added OT Aaron Adams and RB Michael Hill to their practice squad. Both are rookies.

Adams: 6-foot-5, 303, from Eastern Kentucky, cut by Cleveland; Hill, 5-foot-10, 210, Missouri Western, cut by SD.

didn't wanna start a new post for this but, LOOK!  it doesn't just happen to the Packers!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcspor...on-with-broken-foot/

The Texans loved what they saw of rookie offensive lineman David Quessenberry in training camp and the preseason. Unfortunately, they won’t be seeing anything from him in the regular season.

Quessenberry suffered a broken foot in practice this week will miss the entire season, the Houston Chronicle reports.

Belichick has amazingly detailed dossiers on every franchise, coach and player. He started it when he was a young coach and perfected it while working with his  consultant Ernie Adams

Eric Mangini talked about it after he left the Pats and he even commented on how they reviewed the Packers before a Packers-Pats match-up years ago

The desire to get even more info is what led to the video-taping incidents

He brings lots and lots of players in and asks lots and lots of questions

Originally Posted by FreeSafety:

I mean what kind of coach does research and tries to gain an intellectual advantage over another team.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports...37b8v-134570133.html

Its a great read, worth the click as tit would say

"So little is known or acknowledged about Mike Eayrs, who spends hours in his office, sometimes losing all track of time, diving into the Internet, or the "global village" as he calls it, hunting for information to help the Packers gain any advantage whatsoever."

But he goes much deeper. For instance, Eayrs tracks the referees and their calls. Even though they're probably all similar, he knows which crew might be more lenient with what they'll allow and which crew likes flag football now and then.

"He'll say this crew has more pass interference calls than any in the league, so don't be as physical," said backup quarterback Graham Harrell. "Or this team calls more holding calls - so let's try to play clean up front. Or this team calls more fourth-quarter penalties.

"Guys really do listen and take it to heart. It might kind of give us a slight advantage."

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.