Skip to main content

6'1" 230 and runs a 4.55 40. Seattle was hoping to keep him around after final cuts in pre-season but SF snapped him up with the thoughts of developing him as an H-back to replace Delaine Walker who they lost to TN. He's absolutely Harbaughs kind of guy for that position.

SF had to cut him loose to make room for DL help with Aldon Smith in rehab and Justin Smith, McDonald, and Dorsey out with injuries (about time they had to deal with them) they had no choice.

Red flag is that he's not a high effort guy. Not in love with playing football. General thinking is he's a TE masquerading as a WR. Heavily recruited out of HS. Incredibly strong hands and toys with DB's trying to press him in coverage. Tough to tackle. Played QB in HS as well.

Second highest drafted player in 2013 not on a roster opening day. Will be interesting to see how MM decides to use him but he looks like another TE.

Originally Posted by PackLandVA:
Originally Posted by Iowacheese:

big fat slow stupid dumdum not an Antonio Chatman type.....

.....is no way to go through life.

Just the other day Rodgers was singing praises for Antonio Chapman.  I think he misses him. 

Loins released Tony Scheffler today. Wouldn't mind TT taking a long look at adding him to the roster... 30 but still productive at TE.

EDIT... Yikes. 3 concussions in 4 years and #4 happened 3 weeks ago. Never mind and carry on.

Originally Posted by Iowacheese:

Obviously was on ROTTTs radar during the draft. 

Speaking of TT and the draft....did you know that the Mighty Green Bay Packers spent less draft value in acquiring an entire secondary than Dallas did in grabbing (1) CB named Morris Claiborne ?

Tramon Williams- undrafted

Sam Shields- undrafted

Casey Hayward-  2nd round

Davon House - 4th round

Micah Hyde - 5th round

Chris Banjo- undrafted

MD Jennings - undrafted

Morgan Burnett- 3rd round

Jerron McMillian 4th round

That's how you win in a game of attrition...

If she had a kid with Matt Leinart I have one thing to say to that kid. Your catching genes are better than your throwing genes. A jugs machine would make a great Xmas gift.

Blakes kid would flop on every marginal contact play but the post TD goal post dunks would make Jimmy Graham weep.

According to Adam Scefter. The Rams called Brett Favre Sunday night and asked him to come out of retirement and finish the 2013 season as their QB.

He turned them down.

linky

Last edited by ChilliJon

Top 10 players who could be traded.  But, would TT trade a draft pick for any of them?  And, not sure CB or RB are that high on his players of need like this author might think. Tony Gonzalez would be interesting?   Hakeem Nicks or Josh Gordon maybe? 

http://www.nationalfootballpos...could-be-traded.html

I stopped reading when he wrote that Will Blackmon could interest teams looking for a cornerback. He couldn't play corner when he was young and healthy.

Last edited by "We"-Ka-Bong

And the fact that GB would be interested?  I as hoping Will Black would make it back, but I don't see us interested in him as a CB/DB, maybe punt returner, but we have the "Natural".  

Last edited by "We"-Ka-Bong

He obviously knows nothing about the Packers.  DB and running back are two positions where The Packers have plenty of depth.  Also, like Thompson would do any trade.  At the end of the day, these so called "experts" look silly a lot of times. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.