Skip to main content

FYI....

Bills are looking to trade Jairus Byrd.....NOT for a pick but a young player.

What team in the league has a lot of young players & a need at Safety??

Originally Posted by Boris:

Bills are looking to trade Jairus Byrd.....NOT for a pick but a young player.

What team in the league has a lot of young players & a need at Safety??

Couple of notes:  Jairus is only 5' 10", right at or slightly below the Wolf-line for DBs in GB.  He also ran a 4.65 before his latest foot injury...

His franchise tag calls for about $3.5 million to cover the rest of the season and he can't do a longer deal till March. Comes out to a $1 million per month rental

We'll see what happens soon enough

Could see Emery and the Bears making a run at him.  They sorely suck at the Safety position. 

And as we all know :  "When he (Emery) sees a problem or deficiency, he attacks it via multiple angles. He doesn't just sign one FA, he drafts the position as well."

Maybe he "trades" to address problems, too.

Originally Posted by packerboi:

RT @adbrandt: To all the questions about trading for a veteran WR or TE: not sure what part of Ted Thompson you don't understand...

Some day TT will off his meds and surprise us with a trade, or maybe he'll splurge on an expensive FA.

http://profootballtalk.nbcspor...pect-the-unexpected/

As Florio write stay at PFT for all the big breaking trade to come.

I think ESPN should be camped out in front of Teds office, you never know what wild and crazy thinks he will pull today.

Heck he may yet decide to go to the cafeteria and trade a couple bucks for a coffee, perhaps with cream and sugar

Originally Posted by packerboi:

RT @adbrandt: To all the questions about trading for a veteran WR or TE: not sure what part of Ted Thompson you don't understand...

Brandt is right, but Ted has never been afraid of a 1 year rental AT THE RIGHT PRICE. He acquired Anthony Smith from Jacksonville to help at Safety, but Jacksonville agreed to dealing him for a conditional draft pick that ended up either being a 7th or nothing at all (can't remember?). If Gonzalez is available for a good price (maybe a 5th to 7th rounder) and Finley is going to go on IR then yeah I could see it. People confuse Thompson being unwilling to overpay for players (via trade or FA) for him being unwilling to trade/sign players at all. 

Originally Posted by Henry:

Puber idiot writer.

Perhaps. But damn....I don't want too many other players in the league but Larry F, is definitely in the top 2.

Hank, yes, I know it'll never happen but think about it & look at the facts

1. He's not a diva
  2. He's an amazing WR
  3. He's great in the community
  4. Nelson, Jones, Cobb AND Fitzgerald
  5. Rodgers & Lacy
  6. Fitzgerald deserves a championship

barring injury, the least I can see our offense scoring is 30.

I know it'll never happen but it really is tempting

The one I'm wondering about is Tony G? We almost got him a few years ago

Looking for a trade?  Don't hold your breath.  50 of the 53 man Packer roster have never played for another team.  It could happen, but not likely.  It it more likely TT will get 10 more draft picks and get rid of the 3 players from other teams. 

I'd be more inclined to think Minnesota's trying to leak that Seattle is interested to try and jimmy more from said other team. Seattle's already spammed their pass rush spot, unless Allen comes VERY cheap.

When TT does retire, it's Schneider who apparently feels it would be his dream job to return to GB. A couple years ago I read something where he'd drop everything regardless of success at Seattle to return to the Packers and be their GM.

Rather ironic if that were to occur considering TT also came from Seattle.

Originally Posted by Herschel:

I'd be more inclined to think Minnesota's trying to leak that Seattle is interested to try and jimmy more from said other team. Seattle's already spammed their pass rush spot, unless Allen comes VERY cheap.

<small class="time">3m</small>

I'm told Jared Allen is willing to redo his deal for the right situation. Three hours left to trade deadline. Stay tuned.

Tom says Allen wants out. Clemons, Avril, Bennett, Irvin and perhaps now Allen. That's a helluva pass rush

Future Hall of Fame tight end Tony Gonzalez knows that the “trade me from a crappy team” cannon is something a player can fire only once in his future Hall of Fame career.

And so he’s not asking to be traded from the unexpectedly crappy Falcons.  But Gonzalez has packed the gunpowder and loaded the ball, and he’s standing over the fuse with a lighted torch.

“I love my guys on this team too much to go ask for a trade,” Gonzalez told Vaughn McClure of ESPN.com.  “It would be something that would come from them where they said, ‘Hey, it makes sense because we could get something good for you and send you to a team that’s a contender.’  So I understand the thought process behind that.”

In other words, he won’t ask for a trade.  But he would welcome a trade.

So what's Tony Gonzalez worth for an 8 game rental ? 

Not sure a 6th will get it done, but Atlanta needs lots of picks to compensate for the boatload they spent on Julio

Seattle traded its 3rd round pick in the Harvin deal btw...so they'd either have to trade their 2nd rounder as well to get Allen or a future 3rd....for a guy they'd have for 8 more regular season games + however many playoff games

IR Finley and trade for Gonzalez? Would Thompson surprise everyone and pull the trigger?

Gonzo is up there in years, but he would certainly upgrade the position for the rest of this season. He doesn't drop passes. He blocks. He still commands attention down the seam.

I'd give a conditional 5th for Gonzo...4th being the max, 6th being the bottom. He still has some skill and he would be a great mentor for the young TEs (even temporarily). It may be a pipe dream and I'm not expecting it, but it's not unrealistic.

Originally Posted by Satori:

So what's Tony Gonzalez worth for an 8 game rental ? 

Not sure a 6th will get it done, but Atlanta needs lots of picks to compensate for the boatload they spent on Julio

Make a deal with the devil on this one

<small class="time">now</small>

On reports of Seahawks pursuing Jared Allen: Anything is possible. But SEA source say interest is vastly overblown (& have just $2M in space

Rapoport did say earlier that Tony G wasn't going to be traded, but he also said the Vikes also had "no plans" to trade Allen. Things change in a hurry. I'd love to see GB get Gonzalez for this stretch run, as I don't think Finley is returning this year

As GD said, 4th would probably be the highest pick I'd be OK with in GB trading away to get him

Originally Posted by Grave Digger:

I'd give a conditional 5th for Gonzo...4th being the max, 6th being the bottom.

This seems about right. GB is likely to be in the bottom 6 picks of each round and Thompson finds so many UDFA football players so a 4th/5th is not over-paying.

Originally Posted by Grave Digger:

I'd give a conditional 5th for Gonzo...4th being the max, 6th being the bottom.

So would you trade either Micah Hyde or Andrew Quarless for an 8 + game rental of Tony ?

Those two are 5th round picks

Seems rather steep, but if Finley is done for the season, it might make sense

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.