Skip to main content

ESPN SUX put up a logo last night on MNF with the multitude of players the Hags have who are all making well under 1mil and are vastly underpaid at this point.

That includes guys like Russell Favre, Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Browner etc. All those dudes are in for major pay increases and there is no way the Hags will be able to keep them all. With just 2mil in cap space even in a re-do deal that's still committing coins to a older player with a lot of very young ones due for large pay days.

Originally Posted by Satori:
Originally Posted by Grave Digger:

I'd give a conditional 5th for Gonzo...4th being the max, 6th being the bottom.

So would you trade either Micah Hyde or Andrew Quarless for an 8 + game rental of Tony ?

Those two are 5th round picks

Seems rather steep, but if Finley is done for the season, it might make sense

It's not unprecedented for him to trade those mid-round picks. More often than not he has multiple picks in either/both the 4th/5th rounds, so at worst you're decreasing the odds of finding another Hyde/Quarless instead of eliminating the possibility. 

Originally Posted by Boris:
Originally Posted by Henry:

Puber idiot writer.

Perhaps. But damn....I don't want too many other players in the league but Larry F, is definitely in the top 2.

Hank, yes, I know it'll never happen but think about it & look at the facts

1. He's not a diva
  2. He's an amazing WR
  3. He's great in the community
  4. Nelson, Jones, Cobb AND Fitzgerald
  5. Rodgers & Lacy
  6. Fitzgerald deserves a championship

barring injury, the least I can see our offense scoring is 30.

I know it'll never happen but it really is tempting

The one I'm wondering about is Tony G? We almost got him a few years ago

I'm not questioning Fitzgerald's talent or what he could add to the team but the overall demeanor of puber writer.  It's the same bedwetting bull**** we see in free agency and the draft.

He's already whining about Datone Jones?  DAMN!  So upset that guys like Daniels are developing and making impact alongside Jolly, Pickett and Raji!!! No way Datone Jones will continue to improve as he learns the pro game!

Again, take Fitzgerald in a second.  Quality player, quality individual but again they are winning with what they have while staying solvent.  Would Fitzgerald add another gear?  Yes, but to me it's like adding a turbo and racing wheels to Humvee.  World's fastest monster truck.  Cha-ching!

Last edited by Henry

And it will pass just like every other year.

Unless something unexpected comes out of blue in last hour, CLEV is not trading WR Josh Gordon. Keeping him. 2nd in NFL in ave per catch.

In last hour before trade deadline, Niners are team to watch. They've been working phones on back part of their roster.

Giants never wavered: keeping WR Hakeem Nicks.

Broncos not in on Vikings DE Jared Allen. Options diminishing.

Browns not getting calls on Josh Gordon or Greg Little with deadline approaching. 49ers been shopping Nnamdi, Baldwin, Dixon for a while...

"Any Tony Gonzalez/Chiefs news?"  > zero. They aren't open to trading him

Redskins yet to get any decent action on Fred Davis. Kenny Britt still available from the Titans. deadline in in 40 mins

It's intersting- listening to Cris Carter he wouldn't tell the truth when asked if the Cardinals should or shouldn't trade Fitzgerald. He talked about how the Cardinals need to commit to winning. He gave examples of teams like SF and SEA as examples of teams committed to winning.

Um Cris- the Cardinals gave Fitz a GIGANTIC deal- and they don't have a QB. Now isn't it a tad presumptuous to say those teams are committed to winning when both teams not only had tons of early picks as a result of losing seasons, but are both currently reaping the short term bennies of a cheap star QB and a Ds stacked with those top picks?

Truth is while Fitz is a great player, you simply don't build a team around a WR. Contrast that with GB- you build around the QB and you scout your ass off, landing solid contributors from every round, and street free agents.

Build around a WR? Stupid, and a waste of $$$.
Originally Posted by Fond Du Arrigo:

This genius thinks GB should trade for Fitzgerald. All it will cost TT is a 2nd round pick, Jonathan Franklin, and...Jordy Nelson!?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_...ld-green-bay-packers

Makes so much sense it's mind boggling.

I read the article a day or so ago.  Does the idiot watch the games?  We are fine with our receivers. In addition, Jordy Nelson is so in tune with AR; he's big, strong and FAST!  Why the FK!!!!! would we want to trade him for anyone outside of Calvin Johnson?  Jordy, although not at Freak status as CJ, is an elite receiver, at least in my book. Keep disrepecting the guy folks!  Dumb F read  - Skip level sheet!

Originally Posted by Boris:

Garber

Frankling & the #2 = yes

PLUS Nelson?!?! Not a chance

We'll throw in Myles White or BoykinHeCatch. That's it

They're getting a 2!

I wouldn't even give up the #2 and Franklin, let alone Jordy.

It would be like trading Rodgers for Peyton Manning...giving up your best player at a position for an older player at the same position...and for schits and giggles, giving up a high round draft pick and a rookie with a lot of potential to boot. I get that Fitz is better than Jordy, so the analogy is a bit shaky, but you get my point.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.