Skip to main content

Originally Posted by antiworst:

I can't believe the Bears cut Christie Brinkley. She still has a few miles left on her.

It's always better to dump your super-model girlfriend a year early rather than a year late.

If TT were a real SOB he'd bring Scott Tolzien in since he's been with the 49ers the past couple of seasons.

Hell, if he has any practice squad eligibility I'd bring him in anyway.  Coleman is just too inconsistent.

If I were to guess, today's moves for the Packers:

Bulaga to IR

Cuts

C - Patrick Lewis

FB - Jonathan Amosa

LB - Donte Savage

LB - Jarvis Reed

RB - James Starks

S - David Fulton

S - Chaz Powell

T - Kevin Hughes

GM Ted Thompson press conference: "Most of the time I get physically sick" around this time of having to release players.

Asked GM Ted Thompson what didn't happen in Graham Harrell's progression that led to his release: "We felt it was time."
Last edited by H5

This makes more sense... keep more for the Thursday game and one last look for evaluations.

Looking at the roster, Packers might only cut 4 guys if they PUP/IR Tretter, Bulaga, Sherrod, Worthy, Richardson.

Starks may now have a spot on the roster.

MM: What happens in Kansas City (with the RB's) will go a long way in how we prepare for San Francisco.

MM: You have to be excited about James Starks' camp. Availability has been high. He runs high, contributed a little on special teams.

Huh?

Translation on Starks: He looks so good that we need to trade him to another team so he doesn't show up our fatty 2nd round pick. So if anyone is interested in acquiring him, he's REALLY good!

-OR-

I know everyone is down on him and predicting he will be cut, but we're going to keep him because we won't have DuJuan Harris he's really good!

Anyone else read the Harris news and wasn't really fazed by it? Like losing players to the IR kind of happens in GB and you move on.

Question, with Bulaga and Harris gone for the year already, does this mean GB has already lost 32 games to starters for 2013 in week negative 1? Does the counter start in week 1?

Wes Hodkiewicz     @WesHod         

The also placed T Bryan Bulaga, WR Kevin Dorsey, RB DuJuan Harris and LB Jarvis Reed on injured reserve.

Wes Hodkiewicz     @WesHod         

The four others - S Sean Richardson, T Derek Sherrod, T JC Tretter and DE Jerel Worthy - will start year on PUP

Zack Brown Ramirez only player cut today.

GB doesn't have to clear any of the PUP guys to practice until November 5th. Then they have three weeks to decide whether or not to activate them or shut them down.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.