Skip to main content

It's always a good idea to hear from the JS crowd to get the fans pulse on how day 1 & 2 went. Here are a few JS takes on how things have gone thus far:

"I wish they would load the team with big, strong, fast healthy, smart guys that are under the radar picks, but they still haven't learned that smaller guys don't pan out in the NFL. But, what do I know?"

"Mark my words, this draft is Ted Thompson's Waterloo"

"So far so good but all good things end and we might be seeing it with this burnout of a draft"

"This Packer off season has been a complete and total disaster. Unreal"

"Ted simply refuses to surround Rodgers with Super Bowl talent"

Who's ready for day 3???? 
Last edited by ChilliJon

It is surprising that TT has not brought in a single front seven player this offseason.  The front seven was very deficient last year despite being relatively healthy (Raji was the only significant injury).  And I just don't see a whole lot of hope for significant improvement based on the players currently on the roster.  Other than Barrington and Bradford, there really isn't much young talent that we can expect to make a "leap" this year.  And Bradford is a complete wild card.  

That's what gives rise to my uneasiness about the draft so far.  Yeah I know, "trust in TT", but I don't see how anyone can look at what is going on with the front seven and expect any improvement from last year.  And that has me worried.  

Originally Posted by Herschel:

The ILBs weren't very good even in the Super Bowl. Thy got a lot of pressure from Matthews and Jenkins (and even from Raji) but Bishop was limited and Hawk,was, well, Hawk. 

Nick Barnett woulda won 2 Super Bowls in 2010.

Titans really should have said yes. Kelly is F'in nuts and this would have given the Hershell Walker trade a run for it's money:

In a mild surprise, the Tennessee Titans selected Marcus Mariota with the No. 2 pick in the NFL Draft.

It's not surprising that Mariota went so high, it's surprising that the Titans took him instead of trading the pick for a monster package from the Philadelphia Eagles.

The Eagles, who were widely expected to go all-in for Mariota, put a huge offer on the table, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network. The reported offer, as described by Rapoport on Twitter, is insane:

• Two first-round picks
  • One third-round pick
  • Fletcher Cox, the team's best defensive player
  • Brandon Boykin, nickel corner
  • Sam Bradford, starting quarterback
  • Mychal Kendricks, starting linebacker

*At a press conference late Thursday night, Kelly claimed he never offered any players for the No. 2 pick. Given Kelly's history with being less-than-straightforward with the media about personnel decisions (he said Nick Foles would be the team's quarterback for "the next 1,000 years" and he wanted to keep LeSean McCoy before trading them both), and the fact that these players now have to come back to Philly after hearing their names in trade rumors all week, it's fair to be skeptical about Kelly's claim that he never put any players in the table.

Originally Posted by Grave Digger:
Prediction: Kansas ILB Ben Heeney to GB in r4 or MSU LB Taiwan Jones in r4 or r5. Either one would come in and compete for PT and would be strong ST players. I also like UCF LB Terrance Plummer in the late rounds.

I'm liking Heeney as well, he has almost the exact measurables as Kendricks, but just played on a crappy team. Could also see the kid from Michigan, Jake Ryan as a ILB for the Pack in the 4th or 5th.

heyward--yes, bouncy.  Bouncy is good.   Hmmmmmm......

Oh.  Okay.  So here's wish list.   Regardless of the BPA philosophy, I really need TT to

go ILB and DL in his next few picks!

Other areas of concern for me are TE and Right Tackle (for depth).

If they insist on picking a 3rd RB, they should take Ajayi!   I really think he is going to do well at the next level.   Of course, I'm excited to see Melvin Gordon at the next level too.  Now I'll return to the concept of bouncy.  Bouncy is good.  Yes, indeed.

Originally Posted by Boris:

F#CK.q... Micah Hyde

Ray Lewis, Ray Nitschke & Dick Butkus are not eligible for this draft. I'm sorry your feewings are hurt because TT didn't address your perceived needs at ILB'er. Let me know the next time we can create a player out of thin air & draft him.

Oh BTW....Carl Bradford says F#CK.q too

Post of the draft!!!!

Originally Posted by packerboi:

Titans really should have said yes. Kelly is F'in nuts and this would have given the Hershell Walker trade a run for it's money:

In a mild surprise, the Tennessee Titans selected Marcus Mariota with the No. 2 pick in the NFL Draft.

It's not surprising that Mariota went so high, it's surprising that the Titans took him instead of trading the pick for a monster package from the Philadelphia Eagles.

The Eagles, who were widely expected to go all-in for Mariota, put a huge offer on the table, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network. The reported offer, as described by Rapoport on Twitter, is insane:

• Two first-round picks
  • One third-round pick
  • Fletcher Cox, the team's best defensive player
  • Brandon Boykin, nickel corner
  • Sam Bradford, starting quarterback
  • Mychal Kendricks, starting linebacker

*At a press conference late Thursday night, Kelly claimed he never offered any players for the No. 2 pick. Given Kelly's history with being less-than-straightforward with the media about personnel decisions (he said Nick Foles would be the team's quarterback for "the next 1,000 years" and he wanted to keep LeSean McCoy before trading them both), and the fact that these players now have to come back to Philly after hearing their names in trade rumors all week, it's fair to be skeptical about Kelly's claim that he never put any players in the table.

They wanted Micah Hyde thrown in.

So do you think Ryan gets moved to ILB and Clay goes back to OLB, or vice versa?  I have no problem with having Clay at ILB--in fact I thought it made a HUGE difference when he was moved there.  My only worry is that we keep hearing stories of Clay complaining about it and wanting to move back outside.   And in that case, when his contract is up, will he leave because he'll want to be at OLB again?

Ryan did mention in his presser that Micah Hyde texted him saying that Sam Barrington and Carl Bradford are better players then he'll ever be, but again I don't think that's a sign that Micah Hyde is a racist.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.