Skip to main content

I had to look it up (#3) and I had honestly forgotten he ever QB'd the Bears.

Yeah, less than half his career numbers were with the Bears but still those Bears numbers were huge - by Bears QB standards.

@PackerHawk posted:

Mitch Trubiski is 8th all time for the Bears.

100+ years of QB's and he's top 10.

He'd actually be #7 all-time on the Packers list with that yardage. That's for a different reason. The top 3 QBs for the Packers are all first ballot Hall of Famers who have started at QB for 583 games and counting. That's 36 years of Hall of Fame QBs starting games out of the last 62 seasons. The next 3 guys on the list either made the Pro Bowl at least once (Tobin Rote and Majkowski) or led the league in TD passes at least once (Lynn Dickey).  Those 3 guys collectively started 203 games.  #7 is Randy Wright - one of the most Bears-like QBs the Packers have had in my lifetime. #8 is Arnie Herber - another Hall of Fame QB. #9 is David Whitehurst. #10 is Cecil Isbell- a 4-time Pro-Bowler who probably would have been a Hall of Fame QB if he hadn't retired after 5 years.

Despite all these years of having great QBs, the Packers only have two WRs in the Hall of Fame (Hutson and Lofton) and no tight ends have ever been voted in.

@PackerHawk posted:

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Is it Tomczak?

Wait....Edit:

Harbaugh

Did not look anything up. But only 2 I can even think of.

Ok, looked it up....didn't read down the thread & I posted Tomczak thinking Kramer. LOLOLOL -- God I can't wrap my brain about the level of suckage.

Almost said Kyle Orton

Last edited by Boris
@Boris posted:

Is it Tomczak?

Wait....Edit:

Harbaugh

Did not look anything up. But only 2 I can even think of.

Ok, looked it up....didn't read down the thread & I posted Tomczak thinking Kramer. LOLOLOL -- God I can't wrap my brain about the level of suckage.

Almost said Kyle Orton

Yep, good old captain goofball Jim Harbaugh. Just edges out McMahon for #3 all time Bears passing leader.

He'd actually be #7 all-time on the Packers list with that yardage. That's for a different reason. The top 3 QBs for the Packers are all first ballot Hall of Famers who have started at QB for 583 games and counting. That's 36 years of Hall of Fame QBs starting games out of the last 62 seasons. The next 3 guys on the list either made the Pro Bowl at least once (Tobin Rote and Majkowski) or led the league in TD passes at least once (Lynn Dickey).  Those 3 guys collectively started 203 games.  #7 is Randy Wright - one of the most Bears-like QBs the Packers have had in my lifetime. #8 is Arnie Herber - another Hall of Fame QB. #9 is David Whitehurst. #10 is Cecil Isbell- a 4-time Pro-Bowler who probably would have been a Hall of Fame QB if he hadn't retired after 5 years.

Despite all these years of having great QBs, the Packers only have two WRs in the Hall of Fame (Hutson and Lofton) and no tight ends have ever been voted in.

Also factor in during the Favre years the Packers drafted 2 other franchise level QB's that would dominate the Bears all time list.

Matt Hasselbeck - 36000+ yards and 212 TD's.
Mark Brunell - 32,000+ yards and 184 TD's.

Either of these guys would be the greatest Chicago QB ever and they were disposable in Green Bay. 

@PackLandVA posted:

A third QB, Aaron Brooks, would rank all-time with the Bears given his career stats:  Yards (2nd), TDs (3rd), QBR (5th).

Damn, his name crossed my mind but I didn't think he was worth looking up.

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Chicago Bears head coach Matt Nagy challenged the team to "wake up" and "have some personal pride" in the wake of Sunday's disastrous 41-25 prime-time loss to the Green Bay Packers.

"I know this: We better wake our tails up," Nagy said on a Monday Zoom call. "Every freaking coach on the staff, every player, better wake up and start understanding where we're at. Have some personal pride. Have a freaking sense of urgency. Know where we're at. Have some pride into who we're playing for and why we do this and then go find a way to win as a team. That's my challenge to every single person in that building this week is that.

"Yesterday was flat-out embarrassing, and our guys know it. I'm not telling you something they don't know. They know it. But we're going to step up and all coaches, all players, and we've got five games left. For us, it's our own personal challenge as to where we're at and how we're going to do this thing. But that performance yesterday is ridiculous and can't happen, and obviously that starts with me."
I could have saved Nagy a lot of time and effort.  Just send him a link to this thread.

Silvy told this story on the radio last Friday. You'll recall that there used to be no rookie wage scale, so rookies got paid big bucks, especially signing bonuses. In 2001 the Bears had a deal in place to trade up to pick a running back that they thought would be a stud. The McCaskeys and Phillips said no, they weren't willing to pay that type of signing bonus. The deal got nixed and the Bears ended up drafting David Terrell.

The player they wanted to trade up for? LaDanian Tomlinson.

Da Bears         

BFF: For the first time in weeks I don't have to wait all day to watch the Bears offense get humiliated, I can get it over with in the morning.  A welcome return to normalcy.

Boris:download_20201206_090017

Attachments

Images (1)
  • download_20201206_090017

I feel bad for the guy.   Seems like a decent human and teammate.  It's not his fault the Bears brass made a huge blunder.   

Maybe if he goes #12 to Houston, he is viewed a lot different.  Maybe he even plays different.

...and Ted Thompson didn't do us any favors in that draft so don't point and laugh to hard.

Pick 29 - Traded back for King
Pick 30 - All Pro OLB from Pewaukee, WI

Pick 61 - Josh Jones
Pick 62  - JuJu Smith Schuster

Last edited by BrainDed
@BrainDed posted:

...and Ted Thompson didn't do us any favors in that draft so don't point and laugh to hard.

Pick 29 - Traded back for King
Pick 30 - All Pro OLB from Pewaukee, WI

Pick 61 - Josh Jones
Pick 62  - JuJu Smith Schuster

You can find mess-ups like this in every team's draft picks. King isn't a horrible pick (the guy can play, the problem is staying healthy) and they did get a 4th round pick to do this which they wasted on Vince Biegel. Josh Jones was a poor pick, but a lot of teams in hindsight would draft TJ What and Smith-Schuster at even higher picks than the Packers passed them up at.

This isn't even in the same galaxy as what the Bears gave up to move up ONE SPOT from 3 to 2 overall and draft Trubisky over one surefire HOF QB and another Pro Bowl level one.

If you want to play the draft pick game, the Bears traded a very good DL (S. Thomas), a top 5 RB (Kamara), a top 5 ILB (Warner), and a back-up safety (Thompson) to move up one spot for their guy.

In defense of the Bears, a lot of scouts got that QB draft class horribly wrong.

https://www.chicagotribune.com...7azbtdw6m-story.html

However, the Bears appeared to get fooled about other teams wanting to move up and draft Trubisky and panicked. It would have been bad enough to draft him at #3 in retrospect, but they weren't alone in their rankings of that QB class. It was giving away all that draft capital to move up to get him when they didn't have to.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2...ers-trade-2017-draft

Bears trade up for Trubisky
The Bears traded up one spot in the first round to choose quarterback Mitchell Trubisky at No. 2, sending selections in the first (No. 3), third (No. 67) and fourth (No. 111) rounds as well as a 2018 third-round pick (No. 70).

San Francisco chose defensive end Solomon Thomas at No. 3, traded No. 67 to the Saints, who selected running back Alvin Kamara, dealt No. 111 to the Seahawks, who took safety Tedric Thompson. The 49ers picked linebacker Fred Warner at No. 70 in 2018.

Last week's mock draft, touted BYU's Zach Wilson as a solution to Chicago's quarterbacking quandary. His lively arm and athletic daring on the field appeared to be a good match for the Bears' stagnant offense. Though after watching Wilson compete against stiffer competition, Florida's Kyle Trask seems to be the better option at quarterback. Game by game, Trask has proven himself against quality opponents completing 71 percent of his passes, for 3243 yards and 38 touchdowns to three interceptions in just nine contests. Chicago will still need to draft an offensive tackle, acquire additional line help in free agency and possibly another wideout, in order to facilitate a more conducive environment for success.

If Chicago beats MN this weekend, it's probable that they will be playing for a wildcard seed vs us in Week 17.    Even if they are not, we will probably need to beat them to lock in the bye.

Week 17 is going to be another epic Packer / Bears game.   Can't wait.

@BrainDed posted:

If Chicago beats MN this weekend, it's probable that they will be playing for a wildcard seed vs us in Week 17.    Even if they are not, we will probably need to beat them to lock in the bye.

Week 17 is going to be another epic Packer / Bears game.   Can't wait.

Want the vikes to win so they are primed to beat the Saints, or at least lose there and have their hopes crash and burn.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.