Skip to main content

@H5 posted:

I could see the Bears sold once Virginia McCaskey is gone.

There is already talk that family members want to cash out (most of the Halas/McCaskey money is tied up in the Bears).  The purchase of Arlington Park is to get ready for this by making the stadium situation a little more clear.  They are going to need to borrow $Billions to develop that land.  Question is timing.  Virginia is 100 years old.  They probably are already talking to potential buyers behind the scene.

Although he doesn't look good in Cleveland right now, they also passed over Deshaun Watson.

I get how you can get excited about Justin Fields by watching him in a practice setting. Huge arm, fast, played well under a spotlight in college at OSU.

But any of us could watch Trubisky, Mahomes, and Watson throw for a 5 minute practice session and know that Trubisky's ceiling wasn't even in the same galaxy as the other two.

@michiganjoe posted:

Unless they have identified his "permanent" replacement, it doesn't make any sense to fire him.  There is no DC and I can't even fathom making Getsy the interim, in fact he should go before Eberflus.

The only way it makes any sense is if Poles is 100% committed to Caleb Williams and wants to make sure there is no chance that Fields starts playing better and they win a few games this year.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.