Skip to main content

@Boris posted:

However, they do get him for this year too. Which would make sense if you were a CONTENDER....which clearly the bears are NOT.

But hey.....I'm all about the Bears flushing draft capital.

I've been laughing since the Trubisky trade 😆🤣

Kind of looks like some people trying to save their job THIS year.

I dunno, seems ok to me, the bears are not exactly the shangri-la of FA landing spots, so they got him by force at the deadline...now they sweet talk him into taking their money...meh...doesn't hurt my feelings one way or the other.

@Boris posted:

I mean when you are chanting GB Sucks after beating another team we know who's in their heads.

@EC Pack posted:

Problem is that he might not get fired until the next day, and if he doesn't, we carried them off for nothing. 

I think if the Bares win and MLF doesn't fire Barry it will be the end of the Lafluffy era. The outcry from the fans will be so intense that Murphy would have to do something or risk being fitted for concrete galoshes on the banks of the Fox River. I bought a new pitchfork and am sharpening the points!

Last edited by Packiderm

In fairness to Ryan Poles, when he said that the Bears were going to take the North, and never give it back, he didn't clarify what position the Bears were going to take. So far he is right, they took 4th position, and have not given it back

I think they've already decided they're going QB at #1.  Poles looks like he's building something with the defense playing top 10 ball since Sweat arrived and their OL also starting to look competent.  Fields has been up and down like he always is and they really just need a steady efficient guy at the position to elevate that team.

I'd laugh out loud if they kept Fields and previous CHI GMs probably would.  But I think Poles may be too good to let that happen.  Poles didn't select Fields and coming from KC, I can only imagine he see's his own Mahomes in Williams.  Whether he's right or not.

Last edited by DH13

They could draft Maye @ RD0101 or auction that pick off and still get a really good prospect in the second tier.  The way Pace is building that team, D and run, they really only need an efficient game manager at QB.  Somebody like Pennix, Nix, Ewers, McCarthy.  Plus whatever haul they get for #1.

They are in an incredible position if they play it right.

@DH13 posted:

They could draft Maye @ RD0101 or auction that pick off and still get a really good prospect in the second tier.  The way Pace is building that team, D and run, they really only need an efficient game manager at QB. 

Ummm.....it's Poles now, not Pace.

@DH13 posted:

They are in an incredible position if they play it right.

They are.....let's hope they screw it up again 😁🤭

@Boris posted:

Ummm.....it's Poles now, not Pace.

They are.....let's hope they screw it up again 😁🤭

Yessssssssss. I know, as I referred in an earlier post.  2023 running on fumes.

Low bar but they probably have a better chance to do it right now than they have in a very long time.  NFCN could get really good really soon.

Last edited by DH13

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.