Skip to main content

He's a fucking rookie.....not a 10 year vet.

He's the #1 overall draft pick. The next great thing....the anointed one.

They're coddling him because he isn't ready to play. There is absolutely Z-E-R-O reason to hold out a rookie QB from a pre-season game unless he's injured and can't go. IDGAF who is playing O-Line.

Think MLF will hold out Love from the 1st Q of the first pre-season game??!? I'm guessing not....and he's WAY more valuable to Green Bay than Caleb is to the Bears.

It's time to play football 🏈 or you can sit your ass down on the corner of know your role boulevard and Jabroni drive!😃👍🏼

@titmfatied posted:

Aren't the field conditions there usually a sh*t show? Pretty sure they canceled the game one of the times the Packers were supposed to play.

All the more reason for him to play. Prepare him for Soldier field.

@Boris posted:

He's a fucking rookie.....not a 10 year vet.

He's the #1 overall draft pick. The next great thing....the anointed one.

They're coddling him because he isn't ready to play. There is absolutely Z-E-R-O reason to hold out a rookie QB from a pre-season game unless he's injured and can't go. IDGAF who is playing O-Line.

Think MLF will hold out Love from the 1st Q of the first pre-season game??!? I'm guessing not....and he's WAY more valuable to Green Bay than Caleb is to the Bears.

It's time to play football 🏈 or you can sit your ass down on the corner of know your role boulevard and Jabroni drive!😃👍🏼

We're talking the Bares here. They need to move one block down to the hot dog stand  at the corner of Shitforbrains Ave. and the aforementioned Jabroni Dr.

It's the HoF game, it's early, and the bares still have their three regularly scheduled pre-season games to follow.
I'm not ready to make much out of this.

Other than, Caleb Williams probably sucks.

@Boris posted:

So the coaches don't want to play the #1 draft pick?  Very bearish. 

Watching the ESPN/ABC SC crew talk during the weather delay at the Hall of Fame game. Everybody, including Aikmen and Buck, are talking how deep the Bares are and how well the Bares management built this team around Williams. I think I am going to puke. I think they will share the NFC North cellar with the vikings. GO PACK. GO!!!

Credit to their front office for acquiring Sweatt, but Carolina being a dumpster fire did a lot of  work for them. Lots of praise for Rome character wise, but I read their second choice if he wasn't there was the DL Murphy. They might regret passing on him. WRs can be found and developed. The trenches are hard to staff.

The amount of blather created by sports media this year (so far) on predicting where teams will finish this year, which make the playoffs, and which will win the SB, has been bordering on the bizarre.

The Bores, especially, couldn't get out of their own way last year, but drafting Williams makes them an instant contender.
I sure need someone to explain to me how that works.
The Jets are another. Just because AR will be playing, they're suddenly an AFC favorite. Never mind their offensive woes from last year....

@Goldie posted:

Devin Hester.......going in the hall of fame.   Yikes, seems like he was just playing.  2016 was his last year.  AND it is 2024.  Damn, I keep forgetting that.  

The fact that Devin Hester is in the HOF and Sterling Sharpe is not, is just another example of how dumbass the selection committee is.  Same with Terrel Davis.

Devin Hester....pfffftt.
A guy that was too stupid to succeed at the position he was drafted to play.
It's hard not to argue he had great success at returning kicks, but I think he was more lucky than good.

Hardly HoF material.

@DH13 posted:

The fact that Devin Hester is in the HOF and Sterling Sharpe is not, is just another example of how dumbass the selection committee is.  Same with Terrel Davis.

I won't get in to my feelings too much on the NFL HOF selections but one player I usually point to is Davis.  The guy really only had 4 good seasons and the of his career he was hurt a good part of the time.  Unfortunately,

Sharpe without a doubt should be in the HOF.  For the era he played in 65 TDs and 595 receptions are exceptionally good and who knows what his stats would have been if his career wasnt cut so short.  Not sure if he will ever makes it but I strongly belieceI don't think Sharpe will ever see the HOF because he also had a shortened career and if he had played longer who knows how good his stats would have been.

As for Williams, man the media is pushing him hard and some are saying he is going to get them over the hump.  Do I think the Bears will be better I really do but to rely upon a rookie QB?  I say pump the breaks.

@Timmy! posted:

Devin Hester....pfffftt.
It's hard not to argue he had great success at returning kicks, but I think he was more lucky than good.

Hardly HoF material.

Good point though I'm not taking anything away from him.  He was a helluva returner.  But to look at his career/production vs. Sharpe's and say he deserves the hall and Sharpe doesn't just doesn't make any sense.

As far as Sharpe getting in, maybe he'll get in when he's available for the "old guys" category or legacy or whatever they call it.

@Timmy! posted:

Devin Hester....pfffftt.

Hardly HoF material.

Like all HoF's, they admit people who don't belong.

Dolly Parton in the Rock & Roll HoF? FFS.

@The Heckler posted:

I won't get in to my feelings too much on the NFL HOF selections but one player I usually point to is Davis.  The guy really only had 4 good seasons and the of his career he was hurt a good part of the time.  Unfortunately,

Sharpe without a doubt should be in the HOF.  For the era he played in 65 TDs and 595 receptions are exceptionally good and who knows what his stats would have been if his career wasnt cut so short.  Not sure if he will ever makes it but I strongly belieceI don't think Sharpe will ever see the HOF because he also had a shortened career and if he had played longer who knows how good his stats would have been.

As for Williams, man the media is pushing him hard and some are saying he is going to get them over the hump.  Do I think the Bears will be better I really do but to rely upon a rookie QB?  I say pump the breaks.

Well, the Bears can't possibly get any worse. But one can always hope.

@The Heckler posted:

The anointed one is sooo good he doesn't need to play in the pre-season.

Is the guy going to play at all in the pre-season?? It seems it's not necessary according to what I've been told.

Anyone think Jordan Love will just sit out in pre-season game #1??

Best, rivalry in any sport

From what I've read and heard, da Bares are looking for 9 wins, this season, to get them into the WC game. If they don't get to 9 wins, will Bares fans be calling for Williams's or Eberflus's head? Maybe both?  

Word is their OL is already seeing issues among the starters.  Eberflus won't put CW in a preseason game if the OL isn't at their best.

They've improved their OL but not enough.  Will still probably be an achilles for their offense this year, even with CW's ability to throw on the run.

@DH13 posted:

Word is their OL is already seeing issues among the starters.  Eberflus won't put CW in a preseason game if the OL isn't at their best.

Breaking my fuckin heart over here.....put me, you and pick any 3, x4 members on the line.

LFGOOOOOO!!!! Are you the anointed one, no body can beat you.....the best ever.... or what???

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.