Skip to main content

@lovepack posted:

Undefeated Bears are punching their tickets already.  Season over folks!

If you believe all the talking heads in the media and the dipshits on social  media this version of the Bears is the best team to every hit the football field.

Last edited by The Heckler

Just looked at the betting line for game 1, bears hosting the Titans
Bears are favored by 4.5 per vegasinsider- there's a lot of helium propping up that number. Should be bears -3 at the most.

I think they'll have their hands full with the Titans.

Bears defense is good. We'll see if the Titan O-Line is up to the challenge to protect Levis.

I don't like the game, but if forcing me to bet, yeah I'll take the Titans +4.5 until I see what the Bears actually are working with.

@lovepack posted:

Undefeated Bears are punching their tickets already.  Season over folks!

The 2008 Detroit Lions went 4-0 in the preseason while outscoring their opponents by a cumulative score of 80-32. They went 0-16 in the regular season and were outscored by 249 points, arguably the worst team of all time.

Challenge accepted, Bears?

LMAO 😂 FWIW, Bears aren't going 0-17.

They won 7 games last year and played about as well as they could play vs. Green Bay in the last game of the regular season, losing 17-7 to the Pack.

The NFC North is going to be highly competitive this year and even though the Vikings don't have a game changer at QB, I still expect them to be competitive as well. Tough division 1-4....No worse than 2nd best in the league if you think AFC North is better.

@Boris posted:

Bears defense is good. .

I guess its time for a little refresher for the fine fans at X4:

The bears sucked in the past
The bears suck now
The bears will always suck in the future

A simple, easy to remember concept  

The 2023 bears defense finished 20th in points allowed and 17th by DVOA
- both below average marks vs a below average schedule.

The bears were 1-4 vs Top 10 teams, they were 1-7 vs Top 16 teams.

The Packers, Chargers, Lions, Broncos all dropped 30+ on them and the Chiefs spanked em with 41 points. Nothing about that is good

The 2024 bears defense hasn't played a single down of Ootball and they're counting on free agents (LOL) and a new DC with a pretty slim resume.
Both are bad bets based on bears history

So, no...the bears D isn't good

TBSS

@Boris posted:

LMAO 😂 FWIW, Bears aren't going 0-17.

Usually I want the Bears and Vikings to be a little less than .500 each year so they are stuck just outside of drafting the top ten talent.

But, that has changed I would love it if they lost every game this year.  I married in to a family that is half Bears fans and they have been chirping quite a bit about the Bears this off season.  Doing things like teaching one of they babies to say Packers suck.

Their D won the game last week and held a pretty explosive HOU O to 19.  They just really need to fix their OL.  CW will have growing pains all season but if the coaches and OL get him killed, they'll only have themselves to blame for ruining another QB.  If they can't I wonder if at some point they turn to Bagent to save Williams for next year.  On the plus side for CHI, they won't see many more fronts like TEN and HOU.

Only WK02.

Last edited by DH13

I almost -- almost -- felt sorry for Williams last night. Whoever is calling plays for them is bad, really bad. The OL is worse. Those things combined, added to the normal rookie QB learning scale, meant Williams never stood a chance and was lucky Houston didn't break him in half. The organization has only itself to blame, but it needs to correct the problems or get better coaches to work around the O's shortcomings to give Williams a chance at surviving long enough to determine if he's their answer at QB. Man, that was a brutal game to watch.

Caleb isn't helping himself at all though.  He holds the ball too long, which was his knock in college, and tries to play sandlot football.  But that's not going to work at the NFL level, and especially not with that O line.

@vitaflo posted:

Caleb isn't helping himself at all though.  He holds the ball too long, which was his knock in college, and tries to play sandlot football.  But that's not going to work at the NFL level, and especially not with that O line.

That's correct..... He thinks he can "Aaron Rodgers" his way through every single play. Defenses so far doing a good job of keeping him in the pocket not letting him escape to make plays on the run. Same thing the Packers defense has done the last two weeks vs. Hurts and Richardson.

This was such a fun watch.

The Bears could very well get this turned around quick, but the concern after all the preseason bluster is hilarious. The comments section is great, too.

30:57  "To me Sunday wasn't Caleb's welcome to the NFL moment, it was his welcome to the Bears moment"

Last edited by titmfatied

I love that a guy I went school with was lamenting his bears loss, online. He was really critical of Williams and was crying in his beer that Justin Fields is 2-0. All the bears fans that anointed Williams as the Second Coming are choking on their tears because their team, built around Williams and hailed as being great, failed them. Same old Bears fans. Going into week three and they are already pathetic.  Until they fix the Bears' organization, nothing will change. I am loving every minute of it.

@PackLandVA posted:

May be an image of 2 people, people playing football and text

According to Pro football reference....

Screenshot_20240917-063714

So the Packers picked up 38 games on the Bears from 700 --->> 800

That's the equivalent of not one...but TWO seasons of 17-0 for the Packers and 0-17 for the Bears. Plus 4 more wins. What a crazy stat!

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Screenshot_20240917-063714
Last edited by Boris

TBSS next 7 games.

Colts, Rams, Panthers, Jaguars, Commanders, Cardinals, Patriots.

Then they finish with.

Packers, Vikings, Lions, 49ers, Vikings,  Lions, Seahawks, Packers.

I can see their fans getting all giddy after the next 7, then come crashing down with those last 8.

@mrtundra posted:

I love that a guy I went school with was lamenting his bears loss, online. He was really critical of Williams and was crying in his beer that Justin Fields is 2-0. All the bears fans that anointed Williams as the Second Coming are choking on their tears because their team, built around Williams and hailed as being great, failed them. Same old Bears fans. Going into week three and they are already pathetic.  Until they fix the Bears' organization, nothing will change. I am loving every minute of it.

Let's be clear.  This situation is as much on the fans as it is the team.  The lack of humility, the inability to learn from past QBs that it takes time, if ever, for a QB with potential to reach it.  But they build it up every time and get cocky so they then come crashing down.  The Bearfans Still Suck.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.