Skip to main content

Love also has a legitimate OL in front of him.  He's made great strides since being drafted and from what I've gathered, moreso just in the last 12 months.  I'd say it would have been a good bet he crashes and burns if he had been forced to start as a rookie, at some other team.  We also can't discount MLF's work with him.  He was a QB and he knows how to communicate that role within his offense.

@Boris posted:

It may be the case that Williams actually did step away for health reasons and no other nefarious reason.  But the way the Bears have handled his exit has just created a really unnecessary information void that social media just ran a train on.  Talk about tripping over one's peepee.

@D J posted:

And why beating them in week 1 offered no hint about the 2023 Packers.

Except they did what they were supposed to do.

Much in the same way the Bears beating the Niners last year to open the season offered no clue about the 2022 season.

Don't get too high over a win nor too low over a loss

Last edited by Boris
@H5 posted:

Same scenario, Fields sitting behind Rodgers until now?

JF prolly has a pretty good game. He's got physical ability, but that org really f'd up his head.

Yes & Yes.

This is what orgs do now....it's the instant satisfaction, ROI era.

Packers having Love sit and work for 3 effing years is the way. Problem is, not every team has a first ballot Hall of Famer playing in front of a young guy to learn from.

Long way to go, gotta stay healthy and continue trying to get better. Shocker that the Bears ruined Fields but I don't know of any O$U QB that translated well to the NFL.

I'm telling y'all.  The GB win in week one just flattened that team.  They had a lot of hype and a lot of confidence coming in, mostly off of camp and preseason performance that was clearly a mirage.  Lots of momentum from everyone spanning from management and players to media, all the way down to the fans.  And the fact JL clearly looked better than Fields was the nuclear option executed on that dream.

Last edited by DH13
@Boris posted:

Week 1.... If we flip QBs - Fields in Green & Gold and Love starting for the Bears.

What's the final score?? Same?? Closer?? Flipped?!?!

Love would have done his progression properly and actually hit open guys in rhythm, but you'd still have two receivers running the same route right next to each other, and a guard pushing his center off his block allowing a stupid sack, and a slow ass TE who can't do shit, and a WR who is the 2nd coming of Sammy Watkins.

Game would be closer, but the Bears have so many issues that aren't just Fields (tho he's a big part of the problem too).

@DH13 posted:

I'm telling y'all.  The GB win in week one just flattened that team.  They had a lot of hype and a lot of confidence coming in, mostly off of camp and preseason performance that was clearly a mirage.  Lots of momentum from everyone spanning from management and players to media, all the way down to the fans.  And the fact JL clearly looked better than Fields was the nuclear option executed on that dream.

They did it to themselves.  You can't be the worst team in the league last year and talk all off-season how you have an MVP candidate on your team when it's the same guy you had on your shitty team last year.

They bought into their own hype and doubled down on thinking finally the Bad Man is gone in GB and somehow whipped themselves into a frenzy believing they would win the division.

They traded their #1 pick so early that everyone forgot they even had it and why they had it.  They were simply reminded of this fact in week 1.  But that's on them.

@vitaflo posted:

They did it to themselves.  You can't be the worst team in the league last year and talk all off-season how you have an MVP candidate on your team when it's the same guy you had on your shitty team last year.

They bought into their own hype and doubled down on thinking finally the Bad Man is gone in GB and somehow whipped themselves into a frenzy believing they would win the division.

They traded their #1 pick so early that everyone forgot they even had it and why they had it.  They were simply reminded of this fact in week 1.  But that's on them.

Not only did they do it to themselves but it was all over sports social media that Fields was an MVP candidate and they weren't shy about following that narrative.  Any one that knows even a little bit about football can see that Fields is NOT at that level and maybe it will take being out of Shitcago to get there. 

But I am ok with it because I can laugh at their dumb asses and smile as I see Love  develop.

@The Heckler posted:

Not only did they do it to themselves but it was all over sports social media that Fields was an MVP candidate and they weren't shy about following that narrative.  Any one that knows even a little bit about football can see that Fields is NOT at that level and maybe it will take being out of Shitcago to get there.

But I am ok with it because I can laugh at their dumb asses and smile as I see Love  develop.

Neither the Giants nor the Bears got much of out the Fields trade with the draft capital that was exchanged. Evan Neal still has time, but he didn't really stand out in Year 1. Kadarius Toney is the best known of these guys virtue of being a terrible first round pick.

Chicago Bears get: QB Justin Fields. New York Giants get: WR Kadarius Toney, CB Aaron Robinson*, OT Evan Neal, TE Daniel Bellinger.May 1, 2022

At work this past offseason, a program I was helping with got a new Program Manager.  When I met him he noticed my Packer badge lanyard, and said he was a Bears fan.  Then he mentioned that with Rodgers gone the Bears should now be able to win some games.  And then he asked who will play QB for the Packers now?  I told him about Jordan Love, how he has sat on the bench for 3 years in GB, and now it was his turn like it was for Rodgers at one point.  Then I told him about Clifford and McGough.  I told him Clifford threw for 86 TDs at Penn State, and McGough was the MVP as the QB of championship USFL team.  His eyes got big and he said, "You mean that the Packers are reloading and not rebuilding?"  I had all I could do to keep from laughing.  I suppose it is what you get use to. 

The free flow of information is at light speed now.

We find shit out faster than the "accredited" reporters do. It seems nobody wants to break this story due to its "sensitive nature".

The truth always comes out folks....ALWAYS!

Resign due to health reasons my ass. Something is up.....and it smells awfully like hot garbage.

FYI....The Bears dumpster fire re-signed Nathan Peterman

GMs usually do mid-week press conferences. Very common occurrence 🙄

Last edited by Boris
@Boris posted:

Resign due to health reasons my ass. Something is up.....and it smells awfully like hot garbage.

If it was truly health reasons, one would expect a farewell note from the team and social media posts of well wishes, etc.  Instead, radio silence from the Bears.

I get the Bears are incompetent but their silence on the matter seems fairly deafening.

And on that note:

Last edited by vitaflo
@DH13 posted:

Love also has a legitimate OL in front of him.  He's made great strides since being drafted and from what I've gathered, moreso just in the last 12 months.  I'd say it would have been a good bet he crashes and burns if he had been forced to start as a rookie, at some other team.  We also can't discount MLF's work with him.  He was a QB and he knows how to communicate that role within his offense.

I think the strides he's made over the past year is more attributable to Tom Clements.

The NFL owners should dissolve the Bears Franchise. What a disaster that team is.  They are two games into the season and their fans are already running the QB, Head Coach, GM, and OC out of town. The DC already left Dodge for whatever reason. It does not appear the team tried to talk him out of it.

Has the Obnoxious Bear Fan that appeared here before the 1st game made an appearance? He was pretty confident his Bears team was going to do pretty good.

TBSS is truly appropriate.

@bvan posted:

Too busy eating lobster to search, but I'm sure there was time in the past when Lambeau did the Bears some big favor.

George Halas a rival on the field, helper off the field

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
https://archive.jsonline.com ‹ sports ‹ packers ‹ georg...
Dec 23, 2013 — According to the Packers media guide and the Green Bay Press-Gazette, Halas accepted a $1,500 loan from the Packers to meet his payroll.
@DurangoDoug posted:

Thieves stole more than $100,000 of Bears equipment from Soldier Field:

"More than $100,000 of equipment was stolen from Soldier Field, according to ABC 7 in Chicago.

The equipment included gators and lawn mowers, and happened overnight Wednesday when someone tore down a security fence to drive the equipment out of a garage."

This will be the latest excuse as to why Soldier Field turf is so shitty.

@DurangoDoug posted:

"More than $100,000 of equipment was stolen from Soldier Field, according to ABC 7 in Chicago.

The equipment included gators and lawn mowers, and happened overnight Wednesday when someone tore down a security fence to drive the equipment out of a garage."

Gotta love Chicago. Even their team isn't safe.

@DurangoDoug posted:

Why would it be the Bears equipment? They don't own Soldiers Field. The Chicago Park District owns it.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.