Skip to main content

Hungry5 posted:
lambeausouth posted:

Playmakers galore on this D now. Ball hawks and Jackson drawing Richard Sherman comparisons. I’m absolutely giddy. Can we just start the season now, please?

The mantra is that the 2017 defense sucked. But now with 2 picks the D has playmakers galore?

Kevin King barely saw the field last year, and he was playing with one arm when he did. He will be 100% to start the season. And we just added two very instinctive ball hawks to the secondary in Alexander and Jackson. And Mo Wilkerson will be out to prove himself. The guy when he was on was a real monster. 

If you can’t see that the talent on the defensive side of the ball is infinitely better, and in the hands of a coordinator that will better utilize them, then I don’t know what to say. Ultimately, these guys have to live up to the hype. I understand that. But the player comparisons have me excited that we might actually have a defense that can help Aaron Rodgers win games really for the first time since 2010.

Blair Kiel posted:
Hungry5 posted:
lambeausouth posted:

Playmakers galore on this D now. Ball hawks and Jackson drawing Richard Sherman comparisons. I’m absolutely giddy. Can we just start the season now, please?

The mantra is that the 2017 defense sucked. But now with 2 picks the D has playmakers galore?

Don't stop him....

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/10900000/Animal-House-animal-house-10942738-950-534.jpg

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no!! 

Fluff. 

Pettine, Daniels and Clark are the only sure things on this defense right now.  Pettine gives me hope but thinking this defense will be "infinitely better" is just a recipe for a let down.  

Get to middle of road defense first.

Last edited by Henry
Henry posted:

Fluff. 

Pettine, Daniels and Clark are the only sure things on this defense right now.  Pettine gives me hope but thinking this defense will be "infinitely better" is just a recipe for a let down.  

I do think the fact Clark had 5 sacks the final five games of last year (and the switch flipped for him) plus Mo is why GB decided to fix the secondary. 

And let’s be honest. The projected starters in the secondary arent anywhere close to 3rd round picks. So the secondary either works or Whitt is out of a job. 

The number of 1st or 2nd round picks that we’re defense is up to 8 consecutive years I believe. That stat must end. 

Henry posted:

Fluff. 

I'm just talking from a talent perspective, Henry. I don't think it's going to happen overnight. These guys will have to learn the system. They'll have to prove themselves. But if I'm looking at who we had playing in the secondary last year, and the bodies we have in place to start 2018, I'll take this group any day of the week. 

Completely agree. I'm looking for improvement first, but I like how we're trending.

If the trend is they don’t have to pick two DBs in the first two rounds AGAIN, then I agree with you. 

The biggest move for this defense was hiring Pettine.  I’ll reserve judgment on players until they actually play. Josh Jackson I hear “zone”.  I’m especially reserving judgment on him. 

Last edited by Henry
Grave Digger posted:
Pakrz posted:

Something wrong with Maurice Hurst?

Mayock just said he has a heart condition. Off several teams boards all together.

Saw that.  Tough for the kid to fall like this. 

I know.  What's with the dregs they're bringing to the podium?  ****ing NFL.  What a show!  We were graced by Bob Lunchuck who was drafted and cut by the Chiefs in 1995.

Last edited by Henry
lambeausouth posted:

Wow, a lot of defensive backs coming off the board. Lots of receivers and O linemen going to be available. 

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Packer's war room right now. 

They'd swat you.

ChilliJon posted:

I think GB’s evening may be done. 

Tomorrow will be a hell of a day.  I'm listening to the wise sage Ding Dong Pakrz and getting excited for a bevy of sleeper/value picks.  Seriously.  No cynicism.  

Last edited by Henry

I remember McCaffrey having that horrific injury on Monday Night Football. I thought that was going to be all over ESPN the next morning. But some ahole in the Middle East decided he wanted to fly commercial airline jets into the twin towers in lower Manhattan. I spent that day on Times Four. When the news sites were down, this place was the lifeline with news updates. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.