Skip to main content

God, hearing that makes me think back all the way to 1980 when the Packers wanted to play #1 pick Bruce Clark at NT and he wanted no part of it, preferred DT or DE.  So he bolted to Canada.  Up to the Packers coaching staff to convince Jones it's not just in the team's best interests that he play ILB, but his.  Because -- at least to date -- he's sucked as a safety.

sschumer - Packer Fan HoF'r posted:

.  Because -- at least to date -- he's sucked as a safety.

Word sschumer.

And not like he hasn't had PLENTY of opportunities to show he could be a starting safety. Hell, after jettisoning HHCD to Washington and Brice getting hurt, there was no one left to play safety and he STILL couldn't cut it. 

I think they are playing him at ILB because he's least likely to make major fu** ups.

Schaap posted:

Packers Net Income was down 98% due to player/coach salaries, including the AR deal and replacing MM staff. I do believe the team was still slightly profitable in spite of the nearly 100% decline in net income.

20,000 fans have been pretty standard at the annual share holders meeting - in 2019 the attendance was 4,200.

I'm afraid we have all been thoroughly spoiled by the Wolf/Harlan turnaround and the wonderful "teaser" 2010 season and SuperBowl.

Give credit where it is due...MM and crew somehow got it done by sheer hard work ...one very blessed year with good fortune sprinkled all over from the football God's.

Now we are back in the wilderness...perhaps MiLF and Gute are the new answers...but...it might just be time for a long stretch of crapola hanging onto an aging and one injury away from having a somewhat "broken down" QB.

Time will tell...but it might be time to pay the piper for a long stretch of good fortune. 

Welcome to 1971 boys and gals. Let's hope for a better ending

Sorry this isn't 1971 or going back to the wandering in the wilderness days.  I am assuming you remember well the 70s and 80s and there is no comparison.  Back then the Packers where a total and complete hot mess in everything they did.  The board of directors all thought they were football minds, the organization was nuetered by things like the Hadl trade, terrible coaching, terrible drafting, and just no solid direction.

Time will tell on MLF and if/when Gute can finish his rebuild of the roster but at least there is a vision of what they want to do and players are wanting to come to GB.  There is talent on this team.  Sure it may be thin at spots but given a healthy year I bet they will surprise you big time.

As for Kizer I totally agree that guy has shown nothing to me.  Perhaps he is still trying to get the stink of Cleveland off of him still.

Last edited by The Heckler
Last edited by michiganjoe
packerboi posted:

RE: Dexter

Oh FFSakes...I warned you about this guy. 

Mama cookin him some soup as we speak. 

He might still be a late season savior though...I can see that happen too. I really can. Complete lottery pick with this guy...worth it at rd6...but this is exactly and I mean exactly what I was worried about.

Last edited by oldschool
michiganjoe posted:

I like it.

Yup....He's a regular Block of Granite...practicing in the rain and all.

A millenial kind of tough guy

SMH

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.