Skip to main content

3 things affect hamstring injuries...stretching, hydration, and genetics. Some dudes are just pre-disposed to injuries there. 

Couple years back the Packers made a big deal about some advanced stuff they were doing with GPS monitoring rest and hydration and such to reduce injuries. 

It may be time for the Packers (too late for this year) to consult with soccer clubs in Europe. Hamstring injuries happen in soccer way less frequently than in American football...and it's a sport that is more disposed to getting them. Some of the more fanatical teams have even gone as far as banning all sugar (to reduce inflammation) during the season. They do a ton of stim and cold tub therapy regardless of whether or not the hammy is injured.

Also possible the Packers are holding all those hams out to be cautious so a tweak doesn't turn into a long term thing.

1. Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker T.J. Watt has been placed on the PUP list after experiencing tightness in his hamstring, the team announced Thursday.

"T.J. Watt did experience some tightness in his left hamstring after the completion of the last rep (of the team's run test on Thursday), so we may PUP him and put him on the PUP List saying that he is not available at the initial onset tomorrow morning," coach Mike Tomlin said Thursday. "He may be on for a very short period of time. We are evaluating that as we speak.

"Again, he was able to complete the test, he just expressed some tightness there at the end, so we will do what is appropriate from that stand point."

Schaap posted:

1. Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker T.J. Watt has been placed on the PUP list after experiencing tightness in his hamstring, the team announced Thursday.

"T.J. Watt did experience some tightness in his left hamstring after the completion of the last rep (of the team's run test on Thursday), so we may PUP him and put him on the PUP List saying that he is not available at the initial onset tomorrow morning," coach Mike Tomlin said Thursday. "He may be on for a very short period of time. We are evaluating that as we speak.

"Again, he was able to complete the test, he just expressed some tightness there at the end, so we will do what is appropriate from that stand point."

Almost like he was meant to be a Packer.

Trevor Davis once caught a punt in the end zone. Tried to return it. With Zook coaching the blocking. And McCarthy saying they had no set rule for fielding punts inside the 5. 

Yes. The last few years have certainly been something. And FWIW. Trevor is a talent without discernible decision making skills. 

Attachments

Images (1)
  • mceclip0
michiganjoe posted:

Has no one bothered to ask what the hell Spriggs was doing on a trapezius?

packerboi posted:

What is this "accountability" of which some speak? Do I detect a bit of discipline by MLF? 

GBFanForLife posted:

Dude sure practices good.

Until someone else proves otherwise he's our best return man. Yeah, he's made a bad decision or 2 the last couple of years (not even counting the airport thing) but the numbers don't lie. 12 yards per punt return isn't something you get from JAG. Only 7 regular returners did better than that in 2018. 

KO returns though he's more middle of the road so if they do come up with a better punt returner he's going to need to be one of the top 6 WR's to make the team. I still think Jaire or Jackson could be really special on returns but I'm not sure how this new staff views starters or core players on ST. The Chargers aren't shy about using Desmond King on returns and he was an All Pro DB. 

Dr._Bob posted:
michiganjoe posted:

Has no one bothered to ask what the hell Spriggs was doing on a trapezius?

A misguided attempt at stretching out his glutes ...from the trauma of being replaced by a "F**kdoll?

Fandame posted:
packerboi posted:

What is this "accountability" of which some speak? Do I detect a bit of discipline by MLF? 

We rip on players for just being in "shorts"...same goes for MiLF.

Let's see what he does when the bullets fly.

Until then...I'm concerned if he has enuf "gravitas".

But ..then again what do I know?

MM was dumb as a box of rocks and he actually won one. 

I'm so tired of hearing about Rodgers "trust."   That shit needs to leave town with MM.    Follow progressions as designed in the play, that simple.    No more staring down Adams for 6 seconds and then going school yard because you don't "trust" the other WR enough to even look his way in the progression. 

Last edited by BrainDed
BrainDed posted:

I'm so tired of hearing about Rodgers "trust."   That shit needs to leave town with MM.    Follow progressions as designed in the play, that simple.    No more staring down Adams for 6 seconds and then going school yard because you don't "trust" the other WR enough to even look his way in the progression. 

Agreed.

Take the slant, slant, slant. Great that he scrambled for 6. But that's also the precise kind of play where he could be pummeled as he is going OOB. Remember, he's a runner in the above scenario so he doesn't get the protection he would at QB. 

If Aaron wants to play to 40, in most scenarios, stay in the pocket, throw to the open guy, and stay vertical.  Rinse. Repeat. It's what Brees , Goff, Brady. etc do time and again. Really, it's not that hard. 

Packdog posted:
BrainDed posted:

Agreed.

Negative grade. Didn't stay within the context of the play. Scramble in this case lends 6 yards but risks QB injury, holding penalty as guys try to adjust their blocks and WRs now come back to QB. But most of all, not throwing it risks eroding the confidence of the WRs. "Why should I bother to be in the right spot at right time and open when I'm not going to get the ball?" Why should a guy bust his butt to get open when the QB holds the ball anyway? The WRs just get sloppy at route-running and effort...

And yes, hearing over and over about Rodgers' "confidence" and "trust" in his WRs makes him out to be a total diva. If a guy is open on a slant for a 5-yard gain, throw the ball and quit trying to scramble or wait and throw for 50 just because you're worried "he might not catch it"!

The problem I have with Fennell’s question is that it assumes there’s ONE way to play QB. Every great QB in history would do something different...Brady and Montana would pass, Favre would say **** it to both options and try for the bomb, Steve Young and Rodgers probably scramble and get the first down with their legs. How can you possibly say one of those guys is more right than the other or there is A way to play QB when they’re all having success doing things slightly different? There are objective ways to judge QBs, but trying to quantify “decision making” like this (when you have zero knowledge of the called play, what the QB is seeing from the D, or what his thought process is) is silly. Rodgers is a 14 year veteran with a track record of success, if he chose run then there’s a reason and it’s not “stubbornness” or ego.

Last edited by Grave Digger

Dom Capers argument in a nutshell.  

Dom is a defensive jeenyous, everyone says so.  

The offense lines up, 3rd and 10.  After the snap, the QB watches one WR run open up the sideline.  The TE is open in the middle.  The slot receiver is open in the deep middle.  The QB wraps up the ball and scrambles for 12.  Did Dom win?  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.