Skip to main content

packerboi posted:
PackLandVA posted:
El-Ka-Bong posted:

No one has a wisdom tooth β€œemergent”. Seems like that should have been done week ago (unless company dental didn’t kick in until this week)

I had two taken out in an emergency because one got infected, literally, within a day or two. It was pretty awful.

I got a dry socket with mine. Hurt like a bitch. My Mom made me a Brandy Alexander though. That helped. 

I ended up with four dry sockets when I had mine out near the end of 2017, but only two of them really hurt, the other two had moments but were mostly just a dull pain. 

"It's 3rd & 5. Slant/Flat. Man Coverage.

3 Step. Good protection. Slant is wide open.

QB doesn't throw it.

Extends play, scrambles for 6 yards."

The slant is basically determined before the snap. The throw comes within the first 1-2 seconds of the play. If the pre-snap read looks like it's not available, it's not going to be the first look.

Was the slant the first read?  Did the QB have a throwing lane? Did the receiver have to hand fight for a second before getting off? Because even if he got open, he wasn't open for a slant- that time has gone.

"I'm so tired of hearing about Rodgers "trust." "

Why? Pass plays are determined well before the throw. In many cases the receiver isn't open when the QB has to make the decision to throw. If MVS isn't getting to the spot he needs to be at the time he needs to be there (not where the ball is going), he doesn't deserve the QB's trust.

It's as if some are advocating Rodgers just throw the damn ball to the spot on time regardless of what's actually happening on the play. Then proper blame can be assigned.

Link

To ensure the Texans players experience one of the most storied training camp traditions in the NFL, kids of all fan affiliations are encouraged to bring their bikes to Lambeau Field to offer rides to the Texans and Packers alike during the two days of practice. Every Texans player will be riding a bike to practice if there are enough bikes available, so fans and community members are asked to welcome the team in true Green Bay fashion.

grignon posted:

...Pass plays are determined well before the throw. In many cases the receiver isn't open when the QB has to make the decision to throw.
If MVS isn't getting to the spot he needs to be at the time he needs to be there (not where the ball is going), he doesn't deserve the QB's trust. 

Not flaming you, Grig, but asking for some clarification, primarily what I bolded.

I agree that there is a primary receiver for every pass play, but why isn't that subject to change at any time during the play? I would think the QB has to constantly scan and read as the play develops and react accordingly.

The MVS example seems to assume he would be open if he reached his 'spot' on time, and I wouldn't think that's necessarily true.
Unless I read it wrong, and you mean reaching that spot influences the play where he's not the primary receiver.

Thanks!

Timmy- The spot I'm talking about is not where the ball is going. The QB has to identify a go/no go condition, where he decides the receiver is or is not going to be open when he gets to the place the ball is going. The tell might be separation, which way the defender's hips are turned, where he's looking or on what shoulder he's playing. 

Getting open is not enough. The QB has to think you're going to be open, usually before you are.

grignon posted:

Timmy- The spot I'm talking about is not where the ball is going. The QB has to identify a go/no go condition, where he decides the receiver is or is not going to be open when he gets to the place the ball is going. The tell might be separation, which way the defender's hips are turned, where he's looking or on what shoulder he's playing. 

Getting open is not enough. The QB has to think you're going to be open, usually before you are.

Schroedinger's WR.

By the way...write this one down as well. It's bank.

MiLF does not have anywhere near what is required for head coach "gravitas".

I could see that clearly just in the way Arod reacted with him on the field Friday night.

I know...I know ya'll think I can't see it...but I can...and it's not good.

I guess Tony Dungy was the same type of meek personality type and he is an exception but odds are...well they aint good. 

Do not expect a miraculous back to basics with Arod for example...he's going to be locking onto a guy and freelancing the rest of the way.

Very bad...sad.

Wilkins appears to be a better prospect than Kizer.

Last edited by michiganjoe
oldschool posted:

By the way...write this one down as well. It's bank.

MiLF does not have anywhere near what is required for head coach "gravitas".

I could see that clearly just in the way Arod reacted with him on the field Friday night.

I know...I know ya'll think I can't see it...but I can...and it's not good.

I guess Tony Dungy was the same type of meek personality type and he is an exception but odds are...well they aint good. 

Do not expect a miraculous back to basics with Arod for example...he's going to be locking onto a guy and freelancing the rest of the way.

Very bad...sad.

Capture

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Capture

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.