Skip to main content

I would think a WR like Taylor Gabriel would make sense. Experienced Vet, has played in LaFluffers offense, would not be expensive, and we could really use a slot guy with quicks like him....or maybe Devin Funchess or Paul Richardson ??? 

Last edited by Packdog
Boris posted:

I think EQSB might show something this year. Guess we'll see.....

However, unless MVS is better this year.....the Pack flat out needs 1 really good WR opposite Adams. Whether that's via FA or the draft....IDGAF -- just get it done GuteFather

Don't underestimate the fact the Pack now has a new WR coach. The coach last year was simply collecting a paycheck. 

GB may or may not have guys on the current roster that can develop and step up... I don't think they can fuck around waiting for that though.  If they are going to roll with AR, they need to ensure they have the horses on offense to get it done.  Go out and get a guy in FA and then draft a young stud high.  

Fandame posted:
ammo posted:

Travis Fredrick retires from the Cowboys. This puts a huge hole is MM's OL. 

He sees what's coming...

I can see MM and Jerruh picking Tyler Biadasz to replace Travis Frederick with their first pick. Jerruh knows the value of Badger O Linemen, in this league.

Cam Newton's Prop Odds
NFL Team - Week 1, 2020

Chicago is so dumb, had they waited a couple weeks they would have been able to sign Newton free and clear. Newton is objectively better than Foles and Trubisky, Pace is the best thing that has ever happened to Green Bay. People rag on Jerry Angelo, but at least that guy had a winning record as GM...grass isn't always greener. 

Last edited by Grave Digger

Looks like the Bores also had an inside track knowing the Panthers were going to dump Cam anyway. And it's not like Nick Foles was some hot commodity that the Bores needed to sign ASAP or he'd be snatched up by some other team.  

Much in the same way they panicked to trade up for Tribisky, which thanks to Mahomes they will never, ever live down.

Fandame posted:

The question is if GB signs Winston: Is Winston smert enough to learn while sitting behind Rodgers or will he just eat W's on the bench and complain he should be starting? And WWRT? 

Gutekrabsinmypants should be fired.

Fixed that for you

skully posted:

Cam Newton's Prop Odds
NFL Team - Week 1, 2020

I am shocked, SHOCKED I tell you - that GB isn't on that list.  They make every other list - why not this one?  As a fan and part owner of the team I am appalled at the shotty speculative journalism in the sports world.  (Do I need the sarcasm alert thing?)  

Grave Digger posted:

Chicago is so dumb, had they waited a couple weeks they would have been able to sign Newton free and clear. Newton is objectively better than Foles and Trubisky, Pace is the best thing that has ever happened to Green Bay. People rag on Jerry Angelo, but at least that guy had a winning record as GM...grass isn't always greener. 

They had Phil Emery in between Angelo and Pace. Another glorious hire. Remember how much DerpChicago loved him?

DeepChicago posted:

Here's the thing I love about Emery. When he sees a problem or deficiency, he attacks it via multiple angles. He doesn't just sign one FA, he drafts the position as well.

I think the Trestman/Emery duo are going to have a fantastic run in Chicago.

Pack-Man posted:
Grave Digger posted:

They had Phil Emery in between Angelo and Pace. Another glorious hire. Remember how much DerpChicago loved him?

DeepChicago posted:

Here's the thing I love about Emery. When he sees a problem or deficiency, he attacks it via multiple angles. He doesn't just sign one FA, he drafts the position as well.

I think the Trestman/Emery duo are going to have a fantastic run in Chicago.

Image result for doh homer meme

Attachments

Images (1)
  • blobid0
ammo posted:
Fandame posted:

or will he just eat W's on the bench and complain he should be starting? And WWRT? 

If Winston is eating anything on the bench it would be crab legs. 

It should be noted that the only food item allowed on the Packer sideline is HOT DOGS.  Ezra Johnson showed us the way ...............

Ezra Johnson eating hot dog

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Ezra Johnson eating hot dog
Grave Digger posted:

Wonder if that means Curtis Samuel will be traded? With DJ Moore, CMac, and now Anderson there may not be enough balls to go around. He would be a good acquisition at the right price. 

That's a lot of receivers within 20 yards of the LOS! Hope Teddy can heave it that far!

Not sure I understand why you invest money and time in to an All World QB and then surround him with XFL talent at WR and TE... 

UPDATE: Funchess is a nice signing and the lesson - as always - I'm an idiot. 

Last edited by Timpranillo

After Funchess ran a 4.7 forty at the combine there was much speculation that he'd be moved to TE. Did much better at his pro day:

Devin Funchess (6-foot-4 1/4, 232 pounds) ran much better than he did at the combine, posting 40 times of 4.47 and 4.53 seconds. When asked why he ran so much better, he explained that he had been up late to do interviews at the combine and was just plain tired when he ran. Funchess also posted a 4.48 short shuttle and 6.98 3-cone drill. He had one drop in his workout, but showed he's a very good athlete and smooth in his routes. He's got a chance to be drafted in the bottom of the first round, but most likely will be a second-round pick.

His drop rate is pretty staggering, and not in a good way. 

“He's a good No. 3 to a decent No. 2,” an NFC scout said. “He's big and has good athletic ability but hands have always been questionable. He's going to have some drops. Big target and I know the quarterback there likes big guys.

“It will be interesting to see what the terms are. The wide receiver market is very depressed with the strong receiver draft class, so they may have gotten him on a bargain.”

Despite his great size and decent speed (4.7 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the combine but 4.47 at his pro day at Michigan), Funchess has not been a sure thing when it comes to hauling down passes.

In 2018, he ranked 64th in the NFC in catch percentage, bringing in just 55.7% of the throws his way. In ’17, he ranked 56th at 56.8%.

The Packers have a lot of big receivers like Funchess, although none as highly rated as he was coming out of college. Allen Lazard, Marquez-Valdes Scantling and Equanimeous St. Brown are all in the 6-foot-4 range.

But yes, he brings a veteran presence and likely at a pretty cheap price. He's a guy that I am sure will be given a decent chance once TC begins. But I also think if he starts dropping passes left and right, it's entirely possible Rodgers will be done with him and won't look his way again. 

Looks like the Packers are taking a page or two from the Brewers on how to stock up the roster.   Some of these, if they play well, could be key pickups and contributors.

Last edited by GBP1

Thought he was going to be a better player than he turned out to be and I suspect Carolina did as well. That said, he's better than both Allison and Kumerow and it's a low-cost and low-risk move that I like a lot better than many apparently do. 

Link copied to your clipboard.