Skip to main content

@Blair Kiel posted:

Leonard Fournette cut by Jags...what a tropical factory of sadness the Jags are.

Drafted him and passed on Watson and Mahommes because they already had their guy in Bortles. 

Left Christian McCaffrey on the board, too. 

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported: "The Patriots are releasing veteran WR Mohamed Sanu. A surprise"

Anybody still think he was worth a second round draft pick?

In other news the Patriots will win exactly zero games this year......Watch!

Last edited by Boris

Stats are fun.

He's not an explosive guy, never has been. His career YPC is around 11 for 8 years in the league. The most he's ever caught in a season is 5 TD. He's not WR1, he's a complementary piece, not a star. Not even sure you'd consider him a star even in his prime.

What Gute has to ask himself is, can he be better than MVS, Lazard or WW Jebus, all of whom have great YPC numbers in their career. Given his propensity for the TT-groomed philosophy of "we grow our own," I'm guessing this is a longshot, even if he came for free.

@Chongo posted:

Stats are fun.

He's not an explosive guy, never has been. His career YPC is around 11 for 8 years in the league. The most he's ever caught in a season is 5 TD. He's not WR1, he's a complementary piece, not a star. Not even sure you'd consider him a star even in his prime.

What Gute has to ask himself is, can he be better than MVS, Lazard or WW Jebus, all of whom have great YPC numbers in their career. Given his propensity for the TT-groomed philosophy of "we grow our own," I'm guessing this is a longshot, even if he came for free.

He's better than WW Jeebus. That's about it. Give MVS, Lazard, hell maybe even ESB the same number of snaps as Sanu and you are going to get a better result. 

IMHO HaHa was always into it for the money. He got a degree in some kind of law enforcement role, and stated that was his long term ambition. But (IMHO) he was going to milk the NFL money as long as he could, while staying away from any type of plays that could injure him. As in, as long as they pay me big money I'll hang around to pad my nest egg until I go into a law enforcement role. But I wont put myself in harms way to jeopardize my future career. The NFL pays a lot more so his earnings from the NFL can greatly increase his lifestyle as he eventually transforms into a much lower paying cop job. JMHO. 

@Chongo posted:

Maybe the Bears want him back...he is better than Amos afterall.

The national talking wanks said trading Haha was proof the Packers were wasting Rodgers career.  Man, that made me laugh.

2012 Round 1 Nick Perry

Round 2 Jerel Worthy

2013 Round 1 Datone Jones

2014 Round 1 HaHa Clinton-Dix

2015 Round 1 Damarious Randall

Round 2 Quentin Rollins

Gutey wasn't wasting Rodgers' career by stealing a 4th from Washington in exchange for HHCD, he was getting rid of the last of a truly sorry lot of high 2012-2015 defensive draft picks.

What a collection of JAGS ... or worse.

Whoever is the architect of "we only like tall fast receivers because they have a large catch radius" dumbfuckery in this organization needs to be shot. It has brought us more pearls than our LB strategery. 

The 2015 Packer draft has to be one of the worst 10 draft classes in the NFL in the last decade if not many decades. 9 career total starts for the entire class. Only Hundley and Montgomery are currently on NFL rosters. 

1-D. Randall

2- Q. Rollins

3- T. Montgomery

4-J. Ryan

5- Hundley

6- Ripkowski

6- C. Ringo

6-K. Backman

@Chongo posted:

Whoever is the architect of "we only like tall fast receivers because they have a large catch radius" dumbfuckery in this organization needs to be shot. It has brought us more pearls than our LB strategery. 

Perhaps.
MLF said he wants tall athletic WRs because they have the leverage & mass to block in the run game in addition to their pass catching qualities. MLF rode tall WRs Sanu & Julio in ATL to the SB... and he brought that same body -type to GB. He also has an accurate QB, so the taller WRs offer a vertical separation in addition to a horizontal one.

MLF wants versatile WRs to help deliver the illusion of complexity and the ability to run/pass with equal aplomb. He wants to keep the defense guessing.
Davante Adams is probably the worst of the bunch when it comes to run blocking, so MLFs desire to bolster the position with others who can block isn't all that surprising. 

If you want to shoot them over it that's fine, but maybe don't announce it on a public message board first. Takes away the element of surprise and there's snitches here who'd sell your identity in exchange for a ham sandwich  

The 2015 Packer draft has to be one of the worst 10 draft classes in the NFL in the last decade if not many decades. 9 career total starts for the entire class. Only Hundley and Montgomery are currently on NFL rosters. 

1-D. Randall

2- Q. Rollins

3- T. Montgomery

4-J. Ryan

5- Hundley

6- Ripkowski

6- C. Ringo

6-K. Backman

Was that Ted's last year?

The 2015 Packer draft has to be one of the worst 10 draft classes in the NFL in the last decade if not many decades. 9 career total starts for the entire class.

9 career total starts?

Randall started many games in his 3 years with GB. Rollins and Montgomery (after move to RB) both had double-digit starts.

I think the 9 career starts you refer to are for Hundley?

@H5 posted:

9 career total starts?

Randall started many games in his 3 years with GB. Rollins and Montgomery (after move to RB) both had double-digit starts.

I think the 9 career starts you refer to are for Hundley?

You're right. I misread the footballreference.com column. It's the number of years as the primary starter for a team, not the number of starts. Thanks for catching. 

https://www.pro-football-refer...s/gnb/2015_draft.htm

Link copied to your clipboard.