Skip to main content

DocBenni posted:

.......aren't forced to over pay for someone because you don't have anyone at that position. 

....or over draft and be "forced" to start a rookie. Guys that can fill a hole 

Ravens drafted Wagner in Rd 5 in 2013. Had 3 solid years with them.

Uncle Milty strikes again !!! Now bring us Michael Pierce !!!! 

Last edited by Packdog
Floridarob posted:

Bears sign Jimmy Graham for two years. I guess they did not see what the rest of the world sees. 

9 million guaranteed. Maybe they just thought he needed to play with a good QB?

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
·

Jimmy Graham to the Bears on a two-year, $16 million deal, including $9 million guaranteed, per source.

MichiganPacker2 posted:
Floridarob posted:

Bears sign Jimmy Graham for two years. I guess they did not see what the rest of the world sees. 

9 million guaranteed. Maybe they just thought he needed to play with a good QB?

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
·

Jimmy Graham to the Bears on a two-year, $16 million deal, including $9 million guaranteed, per source.

In the words of our dear old friend, LIONHEART...

BUH-WAH-HAH-HAH-HAH.....

@MikeGarafalo: The #Raiders are pushing to close out a deal with QB Marcus Mariota, sources tell me and @RapSheet. Mike Mayock's No. 1-ranked QB in his @nflnetwork coverage leading up to the 2015 Draft could soon be on his roster.

Gsands posted:
Floridarob posted:

I would rather go to China and lick doorknobs than be a Bears fan.

You are assuming they have door knobs in China.  Even if they don't I still wouldn't be a Bears fan.  As for signing Graham, they are trying to wreck their team.  What should we care if they want to help the Packers enhance their legacy.  

@TomPelissero
·
The #Vikings have traded WR Stefon Diggs and a seventh-round pick to the #Bills for a first-round pick, a fifth-round pick, a sixth-round pick and a fourth-round pick in 2021, source said. @JayGlazer first on the trade

I really don’t know how Diggs is going to be happier with Josh Allen and a run first offense vs what he had in Queens land. I guess he wanted out that badly. 

And The Texans and O’Brien should just turn in their friggin GM and man card now. Considering what the Bills gave up for Diggs vs what the Texans got is downright embarrassing. 

Giants give Blake Martinez 3 years $30 million. Not clear about the guaranteed yet. Can’t say he’s not worth that kind of money in NFL FA. But he’s a stat machine that never passed the eye test. And he was a huge liability in coverage. My thinking is the Giants just paid FA money to chase after draft equity to replace Alec Ogletree who is pretty much Blake Martinez. 

Last edited by ChilliJon
michiganjoe posted:

Cobb was the best WR in Dallas the last month of the season. He was better than Cooper. It’s a complete overspend by Houston but it might be the best FA deal O’Brien has ever accomplished. Randall Cobb should still be in Green Bay. 

Good god 30M for Martinez? good for him if he can get it.  Also, did I see that right Randall Cobb gets 3 years and 27M?  Chongo, I think you are right some NFL teams have lost their minds.  Love Cobb but sorry at this point of his career he isn't worth that much.

packerboi posted:
@TomPelissero
·
The #Vikings have traded WR Stefon Diggs and a seventh-round pick to the #Bills for a first-round pick, a fifth-round pick, a sixth-round pick and a fourth-round pick in 2021, source said. @JayGlazer first on the trade

Which make the Hopkins trade that much more puzzling.

ChilliJon posted:
michiganjoe posted:

Cobb was the best WR in Dallas the last month of the season. He was better than Cooper. It’s a complete overspend by Houston but it might be the best FA deal O’Brien has ever accomplished. Randall Cobb should still be in Green Bay. 

Cobb doesn't have any speed left. I am good with him walking away. He was a tough little SOB but he couldn't win in MMs offense.

It seems very few national sports people are talking about the possibility that Brady could really suck this year.  He's old, immobile, and has been in the same system for 20yrs.  He's not getting faster or younger.  There is a pretty good chance that which ever team signs him will be very disappointed.

I'd say it's highly likely unless it's a team like SF with solid Oline and a coaching staff that will create an offense specifically around Brady.

I don't think it will end well for Tommy "System QB" Brady.

Last edited by Henry
Link copied to your clipboard.