Skip to main content

Pikes Peak posted:

I wonder how R Kraft is dealing with this stressful time?

The world found out on Tuesday morning that Tom Brady won’t be returning to the Patriots. Patriots owner Robert Kraft found out on Monday night.

“Tommy initiated contact and came over and saw me last night and told me he was going to move on,” Kraft told PFT by phone on Tuesday. “And it was really a positive, loving moment. I love him like a son. That’s why I gave his the freedom. I figured after 20 years, anybody who has brought us six Super Bowls, if he wants to be free, he has the right to do that. I had hoped he would choose to stay, as a fan and an owner. But out of respect for the relationship we’ve built, I gave him his freedom.”

Kraft still doesn’t relish Brady’s decision to exercise that freedom.

“It makes me very sad,” Kraft said.

The freedom came in the form of a contract that was negotiated last year, one that contained two voidable years after 2019 — and that prevented the Patriots from restricting Brady with the franchise tag or the transition tag.

It remains to be seen where Brady plays next; Brady (per Chris Simms) had wanted to play for the 49ers, but that won’t be happening. However it plays out, Robert Kraft will continue to be a fan of the player to whom Kraft routinely refers as his fifth son.

“Except when he plays us,” Kraft said, “I wish him well.”

I think we very well could see that Brady is not the Brady of old.  He is well in to his 40s and I for one would think long and hard about signing him.  I just have to wonder if he is worth the investment at this point.  Father time is and always will be undefeated.

The Heckler posted:
Pakrz posted:

What in the flying fuck is wrong with Chicago?

Good god where do I start?

well, apparently they didn't watch any tape on jimmy in the last couple of years...guy is done, but good for jimmy, he is like the sam bradford of te's, lol funniest quote i heard yesterday

The Heckler posted:

I think we very well could see that Brady is not the Brady of old.  He is well in to his 40s and I for one would think long and hard about signing him.  I just have to wonder if he is worth the investment at this point.  Father time is and always will be undefeated.

i keep thinking about Miami...hmmm what the hell...could he be ushering in the new regime there...nah.

packerboi posted:

The Bores might as well get involved with this train wreck as well:

I really don't think they have the cap space unless they hemorrhage more talent. I'm not sure there's a lot of wiggle room for them on a franchise QB. Then again they were trying to sign Bridgewater and trade for Foles, so that may be what they're thinking...ditch some defensive talent, find a QB. 

Dougherty talks about Kirksey not being an upgrade, which I can't reall justify.  The only reason he wouldn't be an upgrade is due to injury.  Yeah, it's a risk no doubt but if he plays like he did in years past he is definitely an upgrade and at a reasonable contract.  I also get the feeling Kirksey is more of a counterpart to whatever rookie they bring in not the primary guy at ILB.  Team leader, calling the defense but not the prime guy to be flying around making all the plays.   I really think they'll go after ILB in the 1st or 2nd.

Last edited by Henry

I don't think Gutey will pigeon-hole himself into a single position for the early draft choices. 

That includes even drafting a QB early. 

Best. Football Player. Available.

A former Top 10 pick, Floyd showed tons of promise his rookie year with seven sacks. However, in three seasons since then, he's totaled just 11.5 sacks including only three during 2019 with two coming in Week 1. While injuries have played a big part, many expected Floyd to finally take a major step forward in 2019 however, it's clear that Floyd doesn't have what it takes to be a top-tier edge rusher.

F * * * the Bears

Last edited by skully

@mortreport: The Panthers and Teddy Bridgewater are negotiating a 3-year contract in the $60 million range, per source. The deal is not done as they work out details but it is expected to be complete when new league year opens Wednesday.

DocBenni posted:

It seems very few national sports people are talking about the possibility that Brady could really suck this year.  He's old, immobile, and has been in the same system for 20yrs.  He's not getting faster or younger.  There is a pretty good chance that which ever team signs him will be very disappointed.

I think there is a near 100% chance Brady ends his career just like Favre did - beaten up, bruised, broken and on the bench.

bvan posted:

Dang it, no corned beef and cabbage for poor poor pitiable me today!

I'm cheating. I bought rye bread, 1,000 island dressing, small can of kraut, cheese and deli corned beef. Not ideal fare but considering the risk I had to take to buy this with the apocalypse going on I did my best.

skully posted:

F * * * the Bears

The Bores are rolling the dice on both Jimmy G and Quinn. If they get the Dallas version of Robert Quinn, then he'll be a pain the ass for the NFC North in 2020. If it's the Miami version, then the Bears paid out a ton of money on a player the wrong side of 30.

The chances of the Bores hitting on both Quinn and Graham aren't high.      

Gsands posted:
bvan posted:

Dang it, no corned beef and cabbage for poor poor pitiable me today!

I'm cheating. I bought rye bread, 1,000 island dressing, small can of kraut, cheese and deli corned beef. Not ideal fare but considering the risk I had to take to buy this with the apocalypse going on I did my best.

Dude, we also share the Packer Yellow color!

Cheezers posted:

Well the good news is that when we play the Bears there will be a lot of defensive schemes available.  Can always drop Kenny Clark in coverage to cover Graham......

I'd rather see Graham try to block Kenny Clark in pass protection. There would have to be a mercy rule for that matchup. 

Kenny Clark ran a 5.06 40 at his draft combine a few years ago. Graham ran about a 4.6 in 2010. They'd probably be pretty similar in a footrace right now and Jimmy doesn't exactly change directions well anymore. I think Clark could actually cover him in short areas. And the Bears gave him 9 million guaranteed. 

Link copied to your clipboard.