Skip to main content

@packerboi posted:

3rd Round picks under Gute and even going back to Ted, just a nightmare. I have no ill will towards this kid at all ...

I don’t foresee him being cut now, but why not give one of the practice squad WRs a chance ? They can’t do any worse production-wise vs what Amari is doing.

Pointing out the indisputable fact that he is not producing on the football field does not mean you or anyone else "hates" Amari Rodgers any more than pointing out last year that Maurice Drayton was in over his head as Special Teams Coordinator somehow meant you hated Drayton.

We all wanted A. Rodgers to be that slot receiver GB has needed for so long, but alas he is more Darius Shepherd than Amon Ra St. Brown (and no that does not mean I "hate" Shepherd).

Curious as to what you and others do foresee for Amari now.

Keep him on roster in case Cobb gets injured? Give him some snaps at WR? Keep him as the punt returner despite the fumbling issues and lack of production as a returner?

I just don't see a role for him and agree it might be time to give Toure or someone else a shot.

@PackLandVA posted:

Amari has been underwhelming for sure, but the β€œhate” directed at him by a lot of posters is pretty bizarre. Seems like a good person, not brash, no off field problems. He just hasn’t been a very good pro football player.

My guess is he’s a roster placeholder until Kylin Hill is activated.

A lot of people hated Jeff Janis!, too.

I was shocked when I saw his RAS score. And then I also saw that he was shorter than the usual Gutie pick. Yet there were nice interviews and reflections about how his dad had coached Cobb. As others have pointed out, I had hope for him as a true slot WR. Sometimes these smaller guys have a knack for being available for plays despite size and speed. I figured that his rookie woes were somewhat understandable. In the off-season he worked on losing weight and getting faster. He might have done that but is still not a burner. As the staff has noted, his problems are mental and possibly emotional as well. Given his lack of physical attributes, he had to overcome them with smarts and courage. He hasn’t. Maybe one day he will get it but the clock is ticking.

Last edited by PackerPatrick

Amari had some connection with Love.  A 22yd TD in 2nd half of 1st preseason game vs SF and a few catches in other 2 games but that's it.  It we have anyone else who can return kicks (Hill or Ballentine?) then make a switch. Even if Pack has to cut him it would free up a roster spot for replacement. Math is not my strong suit but some formula about addition by subtraction?

Last edited by GreenBayLA
@PackerHawk posted:

Post-Draft Analysis

Amari Rodgers would seemingly be a great fit for Aaron Rodgers, if he's Green Bay's quarterback. Or he could be a security blanket for Jordan Love if the Packers turn things over to him. Either way, think of Randall Cobb meets Ty Montgomery meets Tyler Ervin -- a slot receiver who can line up just about everywhere, including the backfield. Coach Matt LaFleur can use Amari Rodgers in his pre-snap motion plays as either a decoy or a primary target. -- Rob Demovsky

Rob Demovsky is a dipshit.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.