Skip to main content

Hill also made headlines for threatening to cut ties with the school if the state of Mississippi did not change its flag to remove the Confederate battle emblem

Not a good fit in Sconnie.

Good Riddens

@Iowacheese posted:

Hill also made headlines for threatening to cut ties with the school if the state of Mississippi did not change its flag to remove the Confederate battle emblem

Not a good fit in Sconnie.

Good Riddens

OMG, he’s practically a serial killer.😂😂😂

@PackerHawk posted:

I also saw something about a social media aspect of the issues with Hill but mostly being an asshole to the other RB's and coaches and not accepting where he fit on the team.

In short, a dummy.

He plays a position where the starter(s) get hurt in the NFL a lot. It’s not like he was sitting behind a 23 year old Favre playing QB. If he just shut up, toed the line, likely he’d see some playing time sooner than later. Agree, dum dum

"This was general manager Brian Gutekunst’s fifth draft. His third-round picks have been linebacker Oren Burks in 2018, tight end Jace Sternberger in 2019, tight end Josiah Deguara in 2020, Rodgers in 2021 and offensive lineman Sean Rhyan in 2022. Combined, they started 12 games for the Packers. Only two of the five are on the roster, with Deguara averaging 14 snaps per game and Rhyan playing exactly one snap on special teams.

Deguara, with 11 catches this season and two career touchdowns, has been the best of the bunch, obviously, though that is sort of like being class valedictorian with a 2.0 GPA.

There’s no sugarcoating Gutekunst’s third-round selections. The five players have combined to start 14 games. (Note: Burks has started two games this season for the 49ers.) Only the Philadelphia Eagles got fewer starts from their third-round picks, with their three selections having contributed nine starts.

Two points on that. First, the Eagles traded away their third-round picks in 2018 and 2019. In 2018, they acquired cornerback Ronald Darby, a starter who helped them win the Super Bowl. At the trade deadline in 2019, they acquired receiver Golden Tate, who caught the game-winning touchdown in the playoff game at Chicago.

Second, the Eagles’ 2021 third-rounder, defensive tackle Milton Williams, has had a bigger role than any Packers third-rounder since 2016 draft pick Kyler Fackrell. Williams, who has three sacks and eight tackles for losses in about 1 2/3 seasons, played 456 snaps as a rookie and is on pace to hit that number again while playing on a loaded defensive line. Fackrell played 623 for the Packers in 2018, when he had a one-year-wonder season of 10.5 sacks."

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers...-round-draft-history

@PackerHawk posted:

I also saw something about a social media aspect of the issues with Hill but mostly being an asshole to the other RB's and coaches and not accepting where he fit on the team.

In short, a dummy.

Yep, on the pre-pre-game show on the Packer flagship station 97.3 the Game, they just said Hill was a major goof-off.

Hope he continues to get his career back on track in Texas.

@michiganjoe posted:

Hope he continues to get his career back on track in Texas.

If he does I wonder if Houston will send him back to us like they did with Cobb.

Lack of trust from the QB and acquisition of Cobb to appease AR both limited his playing time in the offense. All indications are he was a good person and teammate and hope he has success with the Texans.

@DH13 posted:

He wasn't seeing snaps on O for a reason, justified or not.

Yeah, I know but then injuries happened and there was opportunity. At some point you just put the WR that you traded up for in the 3rd round out on the field. Letting him return punts to try to justify the pick was just stupid.

I was a Russian major in college.  I'm a Theodore, and the Russian equivalent is Fyodor (as in Dostoyevsky).  But in Russian, when you're on a first name basis with someone, the general practice is to use short forms, like Vanya for Ivan, Sasha for Aleksandr, Masha for Maria, and so on.

Among the short forms for Fyodor is Fedya, and when I first got internet access a quarter century ago I found that Fedya was a handle rarely used on any site that didn't have Russians using it, so I picked it for my email handle and nickname on a bunch of sites.

And now you know... the rest of the story.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.