Skip to main content

@Fandame posted:

I'm hoping to see a new offense as well. It was tough to watch the MM offense go stale, staler, and then fun to watch MLF's motion-scheme offense for a year only to go back to stale until last year's stalest. Should make for a more entertaining style of play, for sure.

Isn't this mostly on MLF though? Are people saying that Rodgers completely changed the offense and went away from motion-scheme? Certainly, he did at times with audibles and such but it seems like the overall offensive design is on MLF. Is he such a giant pussy that he couldn't address it at all with Rodgers?

@13X posted:

Isn't this mostly on MLF though? Are people saying that Rodgers completely changed the offense and went away from motion-scheme? Certainly, he did at times with audibles and such but it seems like the overall offensive design is on MLF. Is he such a giant pussy that he couldn't address it at all with Rodgers?

In the NFL pecking order superstar athlete trumps head coach every time.

@13X posted:

Good point! My apologies for wandering. I am really excited about Van Ness. Looks like a beast with a lot of upside.

Yup....just gotta be patient so he can DEVELOP a bag of tricks for that pass rush.

Gary took off about middle of 2nd season & was more situational in first season. I'd expect a lot of the same from Van Ness this year but I know it'll be fun to watch.

@13X posted:

It is. Running a bunch of rookie recievers, the most talented one needing a lot of work on basic position skills and both higher ones missing a bunch of time due to injuries likely lead to greatly simplifying the offense.

But of course Watson and Doubs' injuries and inexperience were also Rodgers' fault. If only he'd been in OTAs and mini camps Watson's surgery would have miraculously healed faster.

It's also Rodgers' fault Van Ness might not be a day one starter.  I mean, yeah, he's inexperienced but if Rodgers hadn't held up the trade with the Jets the NFL could have moved up the draft so Van Ness and every rookie in the league would get more time with pro coaches before the season and it wouldn't have distracted Van Ness from learning his position.

Last edited by Herschel
@mrtundra posted:

But can they tackle?

They won't need to tackle.  Just give them cheerleading outfits, and put them on the sideline.  Once the opponents see them they won't be able to stop looking.  They won't notice all the open receivers running thru their secondary.  If the offense still sputters a little, it will be because Jordan Love will be a little confused as to which open receiver to throw to. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.