Skip to main content

Tucker Kraft
Player Bio
Kraft was a football and basketball star at Timber Lake High School in South Dakota, deciding to stay in-state to play for the Jackrabbits in 2019. He redshirted that fall, playing in one contest (no statistics). He was injured in the 2020 opener but managed to play in seven games (7-90-12.9). Kraft busted out in 2021, garnering second-team Associated Press FCS All-American and first-team All-Missouri Valley Football Conference honors (65-773-11.9, six TDs receiving in 15 games). He suffered an ankle injury early in 2022, which limited him to nine games (27-348-12.9, three TDs receiving) but he was still named third-team AP FCS All-American and first-team All-MVFC. -- by Chad Reuter
Strengths
  • Thick frame with plus athleticism.
  • Faster than he looks when opening his stride.
  • Dexterity to rescue throws behind him.
  • Absorbs contact and maintains focus through the catch.
  • Transitions quickly from catch to run on short stop routes.
  • Puts in the effort to sustain and drive the block.
  • Easy adjustments in space to collect move blocks.
  • Expects to put extra yardage in the books after the catch.
Weaknesses
  • Rolls into the top of the route.
  • Average speed to threaten the seam.
  • Needs to get through NFL routes with better pace.
  • Benefited from play-action to generate loads of open looks.
  • Tall pads, narrow base and wide hands as run blocker.
Last edited by packerboi
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@packerboi posted:

How long is it going to take him to "evolve"?

I felt like we’ve had the worst TE group in the NFL since Tonyan’s knee injury in 2021.

These 2 TEs drafted are a necessary step in the right direction to improve that position.

The #1 complaint I’d have about both these TEs is a bit of an injury history.  That said, those injuries also helped them slide down the board a bit which maybe made it easier for the Pack to get them both.

looks like a reach. we’ll see

It's about where he's been projected to go. He's a little raw, so most expected him to be the top of the second/third group (depending if you think Mayer/Kincaid are their own group)

Mayer/Kincaid/Musgrave/Washington/La Porta  Kraft/Schoonmaker/Kuntz/Strange/Allen/Whylie/Strange

Last edited by Herschel

From Demovsky:

Wisconsin is going to love Tucker Kraft.

After he mistakenly said "Yes sir" before correcting it to "Yes ma'am," he said: “I had a couple of drinks waiting for my name to be called.”

😂😂😂

@packerboi posted:

From Demovsky:

Wisconsin is going to love Tucker Kraft.

After he mistakenly said "Yes sir" before correcting it to "Yes ma'am," he said: “I had a couple of drinks waiting for my name to be called.”

😂😂😂

Packer People

Continues the theme.  We’re gonna run MLF’s offense finally.  It will take a year for some of these guys to have an impact.  MLF and Gutey are planning on 2023 being a learning season and competing in 2024.  

After injury he had a tightrope procedure.

”The TightRope system anchors the ends of the tibia and fibula together with a braided polyethylene cord, rather than with a rigid surgical screw, to restore the original position of the bones and to allow for proper healing.”

Last edited by PackerPatrick
@hof1991 posted:

Continues the theme.  We’re gonna run MLF’s offense finally.  It will take a year for some of these guys to have an impact.  MLF and Gutey are planning on 2023 being a learning season and competing in 2024.  

Agree.  Theme of these picks seems to be that they are a year early so we get them further down the board.   When you’re starting a rebuild, that’s perfect.

After injury he had a tightrope procedure.

”The TightRope system anchors the ends of the tibia and fibula together with a braided polyethylene cord, rather than with a rigid surgical screw, to restore the original position of the bones and to allow for proper healing.”

So everyone's okay with cyborgs playing sports?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.