Skip to main content

@PackLandVA posted:

Los Angeles Chargers safety Derwin James has been suspended for one game without pay for repeatedly violating player safety rules, the league announced Monday night.

Link

Just think if Ronnie Lott played today. How many suspensions would he have?

@PackLandVA posted:

De'Vondre Campbell struggling with the Niners

Campbell has struggled badly in coverage, allowing 14 catches for 149 yards and one touchdown on 16 targets according to Pro Football Focus. Most likely will be replaced as starter.

I saw Fred Warner get blocked pretty well too on some key plays by the Rams. He used to beat those blocks.

Niners & Cowboys miss playoffs. Said it before the start of the season.

3 teams from NFC North get in

Last edited by Boris
@Boris posted:

Just think if Ronnie Lott played today. How many suspensions would he have?

I saw Fred Warner get blocked pretty well too on some key plays by the Rams. He used to beat those blocks.

Niners & Cowboys miss playoffs. Said it before the start of the season.

Lott would barely get any paychecks with all the fines coming out.

For all the hype the Cowboys always get that is a flawed team.  When your leading rushers are someone named Rico Dowdle and a washed up Zeke you are goiing to struggle offensively. And they very well could be 1-5 before they face SF in a few weeks.  Sure Dak puts up some good stats but am not sure he is the guy to get them over the hump.

As for SF I am with you on them.  They have been due for a season with injuries and they just fall off a bit as the team gets older and they have very little coming up as young players. 

@Boris posted:

You think what MIN is doing is sustainable for them? 

I haven't seem him play yet with MIN but Darnold is having the same early success that other guy did for MIN last year, Dobbs?  He was a nobody claimed off the scrap heap, had some big games, then the clock struck 12 and he evaporated.  Darnold certainly rolls out of bed with more skills but I don't know that I see him staying at the pace he's been at so far.

@Fandame posted:

He won't continue at the same pace as now, but he doesn't need to. If he plays even 2/3 of what he does now, their defense continues to play well, and O'Connell adds more runs, they'll still be okay. They may not win the division, but I can see them in a WC game.

GB offense had issues the first game last year vs this MIN D.  Then 10 sliced and diced it in game 2.  That's another area of their team I'm not sold on.  How long will the scheme hold up.

@DH13 posted:

You think what MIN is doing is sustainable for them?

I haven't seem him play yet with MIN but Darnold is having the same early success that other guy did for MIN last year, Dobbs?  He was a nobody claimed off the scrap heap, had some big games, then the clock struck 12 and he evaporated.  Darnold certainly rolls out of bed with more skills but I don't know that I see him staying at the pace he's been at so far.

He's playing much better than Dobbs did for a couple of games but I agree things are going to settle back to where they should be. I see a Sam Bradford situation. He also came in and played well a couple of games then old Sam returned.

@PackerHawk posted:

He's playing much better than Dobbs did for a couple of games but I agree things are going to settle back to where they should be. I see a Sam Bradford situation. He also came in and played well a couple of games then old Sam returned.

I hadn't seen him play this season yet before that comment and now that I have, he's finding the open receiver and putting it on him with great efficiency.  Reminds me of when they had Brad Johnson.

But three things are creating ideal conditions for him: an OL keeping him clean, a very good/elite group of WR's, and a coach/playcaller who clearly knows how to maximize the collective talent.

Let's see how long the OL holds up, either through health or defenses catching up, and if Jefferson and Addison stay healthy though he'll be getting more help with Hockensen's return.  Darnold hasn't had to carry that team yet.

Last edited by DH13
@Boris posted:

Jets, KC, Niners

Although I can't see the Ray-Duhs trading him to KC but ya never know

I would bet you good money GM Rodgers is already pestering the team to get Adams.  And probably having a tantrum as I am typing this if he doesn't get his way. 

Do the Niners have any draft capital to work with to get Adams?  And I know they are starting to get in a salary cap bind so can they take on his salary.  I honestly don't know how salaries work in the NFL on trades so maybe LV picks up most of it?

I guess the Saints could be a landing spot for him since his buddy plays QB there.  And if I had to guess I think he goes to the Saints.

@PackLandVA posted:

Kansas City Chiefs have more to worry about, with star wide receiver Rashee Rice undergoing tests for what is potentially a season-ending knee injury. Chiefs coach Andy Reid told reporters on Monday that fully clarity on Rice's injury may not come until later, but that he is likely out indefinitely. Link

Well, ain't that just too bad.
Serves that sonofabitch right. Too bad it wasn't his neck.

London update. After walking approx 7 miles,  2 Minny fans sighted, no Jets fans as  of yet.  This however was the high light.   My wife was browsing in a tea shop. A high end type of place, there were pictures of Prince Charles, Camilla, Prince Harry, Margaret Trudeau and many other prominent folks with the proprietor.  Included on the picture wall was a pic of the proprietor and Green Bay Packer footballer Owen Burks!

You canโ€™t make this stuff  up.

@Pikes Peak posted:

London update. After walking approx 7 miles,  2 Minny fans sighted, no Jets fans as  of yet.  This however was the high light.   My wife was browsing in a tea shop. A high end type of place, there were pictures of Prince Charles, Camilla, Prince Harry, Margaret Trudeau and many other prominent folks with the proprietor.  Included on the picture wall was a pic of the proprietor and Green Bay Packer footballer Owen Burks!

You canโ€™t make this stuff  up.

You've gotta walk across Abbey Road, don't you? Enjoy the great city of London. Watch for werewolves.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.