Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

More regarding the above, from CheeseheadTV.com:

Earlier this afternoon, the Packers placed Donovan Jennings, Tucker Kraft, Alex McGough and Zach Tom on the active/physically unable to perform list. Kitan Oladapo has been placed on the non-football injury list.

Players on the PUP list can participate in team activities but are not allowed to practice. Players can be can be removed from the list at any time during camp, but they can’t be placed back on it.

The non-football injury list is for players who suffer an injury while away from the team.

Both Tom and Kraft suffered torn pectoral muscles during the offseason and are most likely still recovering. Head coach Matt LaFleur indicated during the offseason program that he expected both to be available for most of camp. The Packers are undoubtedly being their usual cautious selves here.

As for Oladapo, he missed much of the offseason work while recivering from surgery to fix a broken toe. Now it would appear he's hurt himself again while away from the facility. Tough start to the young man's Packers career.

Last edited by ilcuqui
@Chongo posted:

After this happened I think it was Bulaga that commented about how he didn't expect either guy to be *actually* ready until maybe the season starts or even into the season.  That doesn't mean they don't practice, but full contact reps are very different from jog throughs or practice dummies, etc.

Apparently these injuries take a while to heal.  It's very possible that Kraft and Tom get limited reps at TC, do not play at all in the preseason and may be out the first month of the year before they return.

@PackerHawk posted:

You think it's because of his contract?

I'll say it's at least plausible.
There's a reason the Packers gave him the signing bonus they did, and I think they would want to get some kind of ROI, rather than just let him walk away.

Now, it's hard to imagine him making enough money in the UFL to make it enticing enough to leave, so it may be a moot point. But anything that allows more flexibility for teams to 'creatively' manage their rosters is a good thing.

@Goalline posted:

Bill Huber reporting that Jaden Reed starts camp on the NFI list.

@jasonjwilde:  Three #Packers are starting camp on the non-football injury list, according to the #NFL's official transaction wire on Sunday: WR Jayden Reed, CB Corey Ballentine and T Caleb Jones.

No players on the active/physically unable to perform list, at least on today's transactions.

Yes!

@RapSheet: Paid again: The #Packers and Pro BowlNT Kenny Clark have agreed to terms on another massive contract extension to keep him in Green Bay for the foreseeable future.

He gets a 3-year, $64M extension with
$29M in 2024 in a deal done by @DHendrickson41 and @CJLaBoy of @Wasserman

@TomSilverstein:  Can confirm Kenny Clark’s new deal and according to a source it includes a $17.5 million signing bonus.

Last edited by ilcuqui

@RobDemovsky:  The Packers have brought back QB Jacob Eason. Not a sign anything’s slowed with Jordan Love. They just decided they needed a 3rd QB for practice until the deal is done.

Eason, the former 4th-round pick, was here on tryout at rookie minicamp in May.

LS Peter Bowden [former Badger] released.

Last edited by ilcuqui
@Chongo posted:

Not really concerned how AJ looks getting off the bus...hopefully they put him in a better position to be successful as a FB/HB type guy...

When I look at how AJ re-shaped his body, it leads me to believe they want AJ to be a bigger part of the passing game - perhaps trying to replace some of the route-running that Aaron Jones contributed.

Getting AJ out into space gives him the advantage as opposed to being a big target running sideways in a zone scheme. As I mentioned before, his presence often led DCs to go heavy; that makes throwing the ball easier and it would be AJ vs an LB more frequently - instead of a Safety.

I am guessing  Tucker Kraft will take on the move-TE snaps more than Dillon will- he is taller and heavier for better blocking leverage. But the more AJ can do the better and I'm sure MLF will have some wrinkles.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.