Skip to main content

@TomSilverstein:
Packers coach Matt LaFleur said that OC Adam Stenavich called all the plays against the #Browns and he and possibly passing game coordinator Jason Vrable will call them throughout the preseason. He said it gives the assistants experience and him a chance to see the big picture.

@Satori posted:

Just looked him up.
6 different teams across 3 seasons took a look at him-  he earned $ 321K in his career and he recorded exactly zero stats of any kind. Impressive

https://overthecap.com/player/malachi-dupre/5833

I only saw him in the last couple games he played at LSU, including a bowl game and he was the best WR on the field.  I remember being excited when GB drafted him but then wondered why he lasted until RD7. 

@michiganjoe posted:

Sounds like Pratt making quite a run at the backup QB position. Pretty underwhelming overall camp from Clifford.

And yet Clifford is still starting this weekend.  Until they give Pratt the nod over Clifford in a game, I don't see Clifford going anywhere.

Weird fact found on the internet:

The wild thing is the Packers traded JJ Jansen to the Carolina Panthers in April 2009 and he's been Carolina's long snapper to this day. Prior to that, in 2007, the Packers waived Clark Harris and he was the Bengals' long snapper from 2009-2022. In 2016, the Packers waived Rick Lovato, and he's been the Eagles' long snapper since late 2016. In 2018, the Packers did not re-sign Taybor Pepper, and he's been an NFL long snapper elsewhere from 2019-present. They also released Zach Triner in 2018, and he's been the Buccaneers' long snapper since 2019.
The Packers have had a lot of NFL-caliber long snappers but haven't kept them. Two have won Super Bowl rings elsewhere.
@YATittle posted:

Weird fact found on the internet:

The wild thing is the Packers traded JJ Jansen to the Carolina Panthers in April 2009 and he's been Carolina's long snapper to this day. Prior to that, in 2007, the Packers waived Clark Harris and he was the Bengals' long snapper from 2009-2022. In 2016, the Packers waived Rick Lovato, and he's been the Eagles' long snapper since late 2016. In 2018, the Packers did not re-sign Taybor Pepper, and he's been an NFL long snapper elsewhere from 2019-present. They also released Zach Triner in 2018, and he's been the Buccaneers' long snapper since 2019.
The Packers have had a lot of NFL-caliber long snappers but haven't kept them. Two have won Super Bowl rings elsewhere.

I'm shocked. Shocked. That this group of special teams coordinators appeared to make some questionable decisions about personnel

https://pro-football-history.c...coordinator-history#

Maurice Drayton

Drayton was the special teams coordinator for the Green Bay Packers in the 2021 season. Drayton's record as the team's special teams coordinator was 13-4-0, making him the second-most successful special teams coordinator in Green Bay Packers history. The team made it to the playoffs one time (2021) and had a 0-1 record under Coach Drayton in playoff games.

Shawn Mennenga

Mennenga was the special teams coordinator for the Green Bay Packers in the 2019-2020seasons, a total of two years. Mennenga's record as the team's special teams coordinator was 26-6-0, making him the most successful special teams coordinator in Green Bay Packers history. The team made it to the playoffs two times (2019-2020) and had a 2-2 record under Coach Mennenga in playoff games.

Ron Zook

Zook was the special teams coordinator for the Green Bay Packers in the 2015-2018seasons, a total of four years. Zook's record as the team's special teams coordinator was 33-30-1, making him the third-least successful special teams coordinator in Green Bay Packers history. The team made it to the playoffs two times (2015-2016) and had a 3-2 record under Coach Zook in playoff games.

Shawn Slocum

Slocum was the special teams coordinator for the Green Bay Packers in the 2009-2014seasons, a total of six years. Slocum's record as the team's special teams coordinator was 67-28-1, making him the third-most successful special teams coordinator in Green Bay Packers history. The team made it to the playoffs six times (2009-2014) and had a 6-5 record under Coach Slocum in playoff games. In 2010, the Green Bay Packers faced off against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLV and the Packers, under the direction of head coach Mike McCarthy, won 31-25.

Mike Stock

Stock was the special teams coordinator for the Green Bay Packers in the 2006-2008seasons, a total of three years. The team made it to the playoffs one time (2007) and had a 1-1 record under Coach Stock in playoff games.

Mennenga's record as the team's special teams coordinator was 26-6-0, making him the most successful special teams coordinator in Green Bay Packers history.

Yeah, Mennenga was the reason the team went 26-6. 

Green Bay Packers coach Matt LaFleur got his wish for a fight-free joint practice at the Denver Broncos on Friday. But not before a couple reality checks.

During one of the early 11-on-11 periods, Broncos outside linebacker Nik Bonitto appeared to hit the arm of Packers quarterback Jordan Love. The ball was intercepted and returned for a touchdown.

Not that anyone on Green Bay’s side cared at the moment.

The quarterback is supposed to be off-limits during a joint practice. Not surprisingly, LaFleur and offensive coordinator Adam Stenavich, who were watching from behind Love, as usual, weren’t happy, and Love’s teammates rushed in to protect their quarterback and leader.
A scuffle ensued but no punches were thrown and calm was quickly restored.

As it turns out, it might have been a case of mistaken identity.

https://l.smartnews.com/p-fWsZv/7BgAFE

They're real and they're spectacular...

@TomSilverstein:  Former #Packers O-line coach James Campen is at camp today dressed in team garb. Hanging out with personnel people, so he may have been added as a scout. He isn’t doing any coaching out here.

Campen is serving as a consultant in the personnel department. Should help them a lot identifying O-line prospects as well as evaluating their own.

Weakest position on the roster to this point.

@ByRyanWood:  It’s been a tough few days for Greg Joseph. Just made only 1-of-4 field goals today, missing from 43, 49 and 47. This after missing from 47 in preseason game at Denver.

Anders Carlson is 3-4: good from 49, 45 and XP, miss from 47.

@AndyHermanNFL:  Camp totals:

Anders Carlson: 53/66 - 80.3%
Greg Joseph: 53/68 - 77.9%
Alex Hale: 14/20 - 70.0%

I think they'll be patient with Carlson for about four to six regular-season games. If he can't ball out after that, they'll look elsewhere.

And Joseph has reverted to MN Joseph: not mentally tough enough to blow off a miss.

Super happy to have Kraft back in action.

McDuffie though...not so much. Hurry back Cooper

During the opening period, his block on linebacker Isaiah McDuffie helped open a big hole for running back Josh Jacobs. On the next play, Kraft beat McDuffie on a crossing route for a solid gain.

Thinking of coming to Thursdays practice.  Last open one.  Visiting team and a joint practice.  Good weather.  

How early does one need to be there for a seat? It starts at 10:30 but I have a 90 minute drive.  my wife hates sitting around waiting but I hate going and not being able to see the practice.  

@Satori posted:

Super happy to have Kraft back in action.

McDuffie though...not so much. Hurry back Cooper

During the opening period, his block on linebacker Isaiah McDuffie helped open a big hole for running back Josh Jacobs. On the next play, Kraft beat McDuffie on a crossing route for a solid gain.

I like McDuffie.  Is he Ray Lewis, nope.  But he is solid IMO.

@BrainDed posted:

I like McDuffie.  Is he Ray Lewis, nope.  But he is solid IMO.

Good dude, solid citizen and team mate. He's assignment sure, but he will have a target painted on his back and the eagles will be the first to attack him

He doesn't have the speed, COD or wingspan to cover RBs and TEs.
He's a limited athlete, but a try- hard human. That's better than some, but it is unlikely to be good enough for where this team wants to go

Look at his arm length and wingspan, abysmal ! That's why he struggles to keep OL off of him in run game and he struggles to cover in the passing game.
He knows Hafley's D from his time at BC - and that gives him a leg up in August - but the Packers spent an early 2nd to fix McDuffie's shortcomings.

Compare and contrast their athleticism:

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/isaiah-mcduffie

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/edgerrin-cooper

@hof1991 posted:

Thinking of coming to Thursdays practice.  Last open one.  Visiting team and a joint practice.  Good weather.  

How early does one need to be there for a seat? It starts at 10:30 but I have a 90 minute drive.  my wife hates sitting around waiting but I hate going and not being able to see the practice.  

drop the wife off at the mall. Problem solved.

From CheeseheadTV

Kristian Welch trying to earn a role on defense in addition to his ST duties

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/...pecial-teams-ace-201

In the first preseason game vs Cleveland, Welch tied fellow Linebacker Ralen Goforth for the most tackles in the game with 6. Welch also recovered a fumble that was forced by Evan Williams in the game, adding his name to the turnover sheet. One play that stuck out to me in this game was a halfback toss play run by Cleveland where the right tackle and tight end pulled to the outside and it seemed the play was designed for the halfback to run right in between them just outside the numbers. Welch kept his hips square brushing off two engaged blockers to get outside and met the ball carrier right in the designed running lane to force him out of bounds for what appeared to be a loss of 1 on the play but I believe was ruled no-gain. This is the discipline you expect from a veteran player reading the play the whole way and making the stop.

From Tom Silverstein at JSO

"The Packers have transferred their NFL International Player Pathway designation to K Alex Hale and released DL Kenneth Odumegwu. Hale is from Australia, so he qualifies for the program. He doesn't count against the roster but will have to clear waivers to join the PS. "

Once on the PS, other teams cannot sign him to their active squad during that season and GB gets an extra PS roster spot

That allows GB to keep Hale if they want a back- up option to Carlson ...without impacting the 53. And GB can elevate Hale 3 times before they have to add him to the 53.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.