Skip to main content

from Andy Herman:

"The offense can’t to anything at all right now.
The defense is completely and utterly dominating."

"Valentines second pbu of the day. He’s off to a very nice start to camp"

from Ryan Wood:

"AJ Dillon just showed some impressive burst, sprinting through opening up the middle to break off a long run. Worth monitoring when the pads get strapped. Matt LaFleur was very high on the #Packers running back this morning."
Last edited by Satori

Bowden getting cut is a bit of a surprise, right? Many thought he'd battle for the LS job since Orzech was inconsistent over his four years. Either Orzech figured out what he was doing wrong or Bowden came in unprepared???

This may be the year that the signing an UDFA to the 53 streak gets interrupted.

Let's caption those photos.

1) You heard that cracking sound right? That ain't good, is it?

1A) You satisfied bro? Now you've literally looked everywhere. I told you I don't have your keys.

2) Welcome to Alexander Alley. Forget about shopping. Ain't nobody open.

3) Hold up little man, I forgot to wipe down the leg press machine.

4) Watching an old playoff replay screaming "FACEMASK!"

Last edited by lovepack

Have a day Gary!

Green Bay Packers

If Tuesday's second practice of training camp was any indication of what Rashan Gary can do in new defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley's scheme, he could be headed for his best season.

At the end of a practice that was conducted mostly in a downpour, Gary ripped off three sacks in a four-play stretch during the final 11-on-11 period. He had sacks coming from both sides of the line. Granted, players aren't in pads yet, but it was an illustration of the opportunities the edge rushers will have as they transition from a 3-4 to a 4-3.

"Hand in the dirt and not dropping back [into coverage]," Gary said when asked about the biggest difference for him in Hafley's system. "I feel more explosive coming out of a three-point stance. Sometimes when you're in a two-point stance you can create more false steps and with the hand in the dirt, the false steps are taken away."

Gary, who last season signed a four-year, $96 million contract extension, has never had a double-digit sack season.-- Rob Demovsky

(last update: July 23)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story...uries-roster-battles

Last edited by Chongo
@Chongo posted:

Smoove hips...

a nice catch?  wth?

that was about as mundane as you can get

@ByRyanWood: Matt LaFleur said rookie Jordan Morgan would get a first look at left tackle, but at this point early in camp it’s clear he’s being looked at as a guard first. Getting starter reps at RG with Elgton Jenkins filling in at center for Josh Myers.

Morgan has been guard all camp.

Last edited by ilcuqui
@ilcuqui posted:

Morgan has been guard all camp.

All camp = a few days in shorts.

When the pads come on, we should learn a lot more. And the Packers clearly didn't want their young lineman facing off vs Gary, Smith et all the first couple of days while his head is swimming, so they threw Dillard and Telfort in there instead.

The real competition is just getting underway, stoked to see it all unfold

@Boris posted:

Seems like they really want to get his athleticism on the field but he can't beat out a 7th round pick at LT.

I must have missed it. When did this competition take place ?

@Satori posted:

I must have missed it. When did this competition take place ?

Not a competition but super early in mandatory TC, they put him at LT and tried Wallace at RG for a bit ...guess that didn't work well or they would be trying it now.

Wallace is clearly better than him at LT, or Morgan would be there right now.

Last edited by Boris
Last edited by michiganjoe

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.