This seems to be working nicely, so we’ll continue the latest in our weekly installment of Manufactured Content. This week we’re getting a bit Stalky McStalkerson with “What City/States and/or countries have you lived in?" and let's go for both Chronological and Ranked from your favorite to least.
- Milwaukee, WI – Born and lived in Milwaukee proper until I was 8
- Wauwatosa, WI – Here from 8-17.
- Roselle, IL – Lived here for the year before college 17-18. Lemme tell ya, nothing better than moving between your Jr and Sr years of high school!
- Champaign, IL – Undergrad 18-22 (and also in Roselle with parents on off time)
- Ann Arbor, MI – MBA 22-23 (see above)
- Lombard, IL – after school, got job back in IL 23-24 and moved out on my own
- San Jose, CA – Moved here for work, loved a lot of it, hated the cost of living 24-29
- Portland, OR – 29 to present
- Portland, OR (love everything about it here and no where has been even close)
- Champaign, IL (it’s considerably nicer today than when I went, but it’s a great classic midwestern college town)
- Wauwatosa, WI (there was a time I thought about trying to move back to this area for work. Now? Noooooooooope.)
- San Jose, CA (I love so much of the Bay Area. I hate the traffic. I’m not a huge fan of some of the culture/people. And the cost of living is ludicrous)
- Ann Arbor, MI (It’s a fine city, but I was heads down getting through school here)
- Roselle, IL (It’s a suburb. I mean, it’s fine)
- Lombard, IL (It's a shitty suburb)
- Milwaukee, WI (We lived in a part that today is much nicer and rebuilt with lots of hip areas, but back then was sketchy as hell)