Skip to main content

Heard on the radio Mike Lupia interviewing Ron Jaworski on the 49er/Pack game, he said the offensive line is the Packers main problem and why they will lose. He said Saturday had a bad game last weekend, as an example. LOL!
Saturday is so bad that he effected the game from the bench!
What an idot.
ESPN, I have so much disdain for you and your mediocre media morons!!!
I swear none of the people on that station should get more than minimum wage.
quote:
Originally posted by saw:
Heard on the radio Mike Lupia interviewing Ron Jaworski on the 49er/Pack game, he said the offensive line is the Packers main problem and why they will lose. He said Saturday had a bad game last weekend, as an example. LOL!
Saturday is so bad that he effected the game from the bench!
What an idot.
ESPN, I have so much disdain for you and your mediocre media morons!!!
I swear none of the people on that station should get more than minimum wage.

5 star use of idot.

5 star use of

Well played, well done. It made me
quote:
Originally posted by Pakrz:
I'm DEFINITELY in the minority here, but I like Stephen A. Smith. He's toned it down a bit, which is good, but he calls it like it is. I like that.
Me too.

I think Smith is excellent. I usually like his reasoning and his sensibilities (like calling on Bayless for disrespecting players like Rodgers).

I really like Stephen A Smith as well.

By the way, a Bayless schtick is that he has to be critical of Rodgers. It is so constant in him that it is an obvious stench.
quote:
Packers receivers remember physical education
jsonline.com

By Tyler Dunne

"Our focus is not on them," Bennett said. "It's on us and how we're planning on playing the game. Don't get me wrong. We do our due diligence in knowing who we're playing. But the emphasis is always on us - our fundamentals, our mind-set, our approach in what we need to do to go out and execute and win this game."

So here's the challenge. The 49ers' rank 4th in pass defense (200 yards per game) and 6th in opposing quarterback rating (78.0). Their style of play is a game-long inconvenience, an annoyance.

Even though Cover-2 defenses have dulled down Green Bay's offense at times this season, Finley believes the 49ers will be utilizing a one-high safety. Quick, horizontal passes help. But it's also on Green Bay's receivers to beat the 49ers' corners off the line and get open 20-25 yards downfield before Rodgers is swallowed in the backfield.

"Fundamentals - your release, your stem, your hands, being violent, physical," Bennett said. "From that standout, it's fundamentals. Our fundamentals. Not so much them. What are we going to do? So that's the way we look at it."
continue
If it had something to do with New Yawk then Lupica would be all over the story but he's a complete dolt otherwise. I can't believe he's lasted on Sports Reporters as long as he has because he can be really annoying.

San Francisco is a good team but I am somewhat surprised as some of the comments from the media talking heads. You'd think the 9ers were playing the Chiefs this weekend based on some of the comments.
quote:
Packers-49ers II: Aaron Rodgers on the road
espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth

By Kevin Seifert

On this fine morning, I'll point you to his success as a road quarterback in the playoffs -- one of the most difficult challenges in pro football. Despite limited opportunities, Rodgers has won three consecutive road playoff games. He is one away from tying the NFL record in that regard.

To understand how rare it is for quarterbacks to win more than they lose on the road in the postseason, check out the chart. As surprising as it might be, the NFL record for road playoff victories by a quarterback is five, meaning Rodgers is two away from tying that mark.

Before you suggest those figures are merely a function of good quarterbacks playing on lower-seeded teams, consider that four-time Super Bowl winner Joe Montana was 2-5 in his career on the road. Terry Bradshaw, another four-time winner, was 2-3 on the road. Steve Young was 0-3, Troy Aikman was 1-4 and Brett Favre was 3-7. Meanwhile, Tom Brady is 3-2 in road playoff games during his career and Peyton Manning is 2-5. (Hat tip to Packers public relations for those records.) continue
quote:
DuJuan Harris shows he's arrived in NFL
jsonline.com

Tyler Dunne

Against the San Francisco 49ers this weekend, running the football will be important. The 49ers held Benson to 2 yards per carry in the opener.

What does Green Bay have in Harris? This week in Packer Plus, we caught up with an NFC scout whose team considered signing Harris this season.

The scout breaks down Harris' size, the Packer offensive line and how the other backs fit into Green Bay's offense:

Can Harris carry a heavier workload in the postseason?
"He's doing a good job there. . . . They've struggled overall on the line. Just seeing them - cross-checking with other teams - that line has been the biggest deficiency. I don't know if those runners really had a fair shake this year overall in terms of evaluation. And this kid's just kind of making his bones; they keep getting the ball out in space. And he's OK out there. If this is your guy, 25 carries a game inside, you wouldn't get nearly this kind of production."

I can't see them just handing the ball off to him 25 times and letting him be a workhorse because he's just not that guy, nor will he ever be. He's a complementary guy. He's the standard change of pace option."

Is Harris the team's best option at running back right now?
"Right now, yeah. When I say that, it's not necessarily the standard runs. The standard runs, they're going with (Ryan) Grant like they did against Minnesota. Grant has very little left in terms of juice. When he puts his foot on the gas, it's not going anywhere. But he's still a bigger guy. He's still tough; he's still competitive. He still sees it. He knows what he wants to do and he makes good decisions. It's just that when he goes to step on it, he doesn't have it anymore. So I think they'll still lean on him 5-10 runs a game for the standard inside zone...DuJuan's going to be the guy when they spread the field out, he gives them a fifth option.
continue
Lots more past the click. My guess is this is a Lion's scout.
Read that Starks may be healthy enough to play vs. San Fran. So, we may have Harris, Starks, Grant and Green able to go. How many will be active though? Harris with the hot hand lately should be the main back but after that ?
quote:
49ERS
Limited participation – CB Tarell Brown (shoulder), S Dashon Goldson (shoulder), LB Clark Haggans (shoulder), RB Bruce Miller (shoulder), LB Aldon Smith (shoulder), DT Justin Smith (elbow/triceps), DT Will Tukuafu (neck).
Full participation – LB Navorro Bowman (shoulder), TE Garrett Celek (foot), LB Tavares Gooden (ribs), G Mike Iupati (shoulder), CB Carlos Rogers (knee), LB Patrick Willis (shoulder).

That's a lot of achy shoulders - hit 'em hard and often early!
Packers at 49ers

MDS’s take: This, to me, is the toughest game to pick. The 49ers won at Green Bay in Week One. The 49ers had a better record during the regular season. The 49ers are at home. The 49ers got a week to rest while the Packers had to play last week. For all those reasons, the 49ers would seem to be the logical pick. But two factors have me leaning toward the Packers: The way Aaron Rodgers is playing lately, with 11 touchdowns and no interceptions in the last four games. And the question mark about 49ers defensive end Justin Smith, who in my opinion is their single most important player, but who won’t be at full strength with a torn triceps. I like the Packers to win a close, high-scoring game.

MDS’s pick: Packers 35, 49ers 31.

Florio’s take: In what could end up being the best postseason game of the year, the Niners will try to beat the Packers for the second time since September — and the first without Alex Smith at quarterback. Even though Colin Kaepernick has the ability to move the ball on the Green Bay defense, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers will be determined to prove to the Niners that they should have picked him with the first selection in the 2005 draft.

Florio’s pick: Packers 28, 49ers 24.
The no-huddle is getting some chatter the last 24-36 hours on radio and in print. A couple of comments from Packers players on the subject:

@TyDunne
No-huddle makes a lot of sense vs SF to get into good match-ups (see: NWE game) Finley: “Every shot should be a body shot."
{I re-watched the WC game last night and Finley had some nice chips on the ends before going out into his pattern}

@TyDunne
#Packers Finley: “The more plays, the better. The up-tempo can get them tired. They have been off for 13 days. Let’s see what they have.”

@TyDunne
#Packers LT Newhouse: "It’ll be something we can use to ramp up the tempo and slow it down when we need to.”
@WesHod
#Packers practice: Worthy only player not practicing. Cobb and Nelson both back

@WesHod
For curious minds, offensive coordinator Tom Clements was at practice as well

@WesHod
As McCarthy suggested, McMillian was back at practice after missing practice for personal issue. Boykin also returned.

@TyDunne
For the #Packers, WRs Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb and Jarrett Boykin were at practice. A coughing Cobb taking it easy during media portion.
quote:
Originally posted by Hungry5:
Finley can be physical...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCWTeZuBQgc

He had a nice block last week on the outside that sprung one of the WR for a bunch of YAC.. Can't remember who.

He is a strange cat.. You see these plays once in a while, but then in the run game you often see him completely miss.. I mean not even a hand on the defender.
quote:
Originally posted by CAPackfan:
tom silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein

#Packers WR Randall Cobb still looks under the weather, but he's trying to gut it out for the final day of practice. Nelson looked fine.
He'll be fine by Saturday.
Green had his chance, Harris has shown to be better. Plus, Green hasn't been 100% the past few weeks. I think he was finally listed as a full participant last week after weeks of limited for his concussion.
Interesting. Had not heard that about Green, but I was wondering why he wasn't sniffing the field. He never set the world on fire, but I can't imagine the running of Ryan Grant was keeping anyone on the sidelines.

I would love to see Starks take over the Grant "tough yardage" role, but honestly, the little guy might be the hardest runner of the bunch.
Get the IV ready for Cobb.

Funny thing is they had Parrish Cox covering Cobb week 1. I assure you that will be different this time around.

We're about to see whether or not the Niner defense is as vaunted as advertised.
quote:
Originally posted by IL_Pack_Fan:
I would love to see Starks take over the Grant "tough yardage" role, but honestly, the little guy might be the hardest runner of the bunch.

Nobody but Harris should get carries in these situations. And closed circuit to M3...that includes KUHN!!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by IL_Pack_Fan:

Yeah, he definitely does not run small. There's not a lot of mass to him, but with that burst of his, he hits the hole hard.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.