Skip to main content

Fields is coming, Packer fan. Be forewarned.

What?  The rest of the team staying home?  That should make the Bears one dimensional.  Assuming he attempts 20 passes - to no one anyone will be able to mention - he should un-accumulate a minus 100 yards in sacks alone.  That will make the 1.1 net yards passing look like a NFL HOF performance. 

Fields will be outstanding in his field - as a farmer - soon enough. 

@DH13 posted:

Fields looked pretty good last weekend.  Still wet behind the ears but he's got some skills.  His best friend right now is Montgomery.  He's been running really hard behind a crappy OL.

I thought he looked OK too. Much better than the week before but there was nowhere to go but up from that game. I'm not sure at this point if it's better to just play him even when Dalton is healthy or put him on the bench and don't give Nagy a chance to ruin him before they get a new HC.

@Boris posted:

Coming?!?!  He's not even breathing hard....

Is he going to read a defense this year? Or just "Daunte Culpepper" his way thru his career??

Luckily for Packers' fans, Fields doesn't have anyone like Randy Moss to throw to.

Culpepper with Moss:

1539 of 2391, 18598 yards, 129 TDs, 74 Ints. 93.2 Passer Rating. Almost half the TDs were to Moss (around 60-64)

Culpepper without Moss

477 of 808, 5555 yards, 20 TDs, 32 Ints. 71.6 Passer Rating

On one hand, Fields starting this week is another opportunity for him to get real game experience before facing the Packers.  Of course, a poor performance could affect his confidence.

That said, starting against the Raiders is just more game film for the Packers to view to find tendencies, weaknesses, etc.  I think what would worry me most is that Fields is a fast, mobile QB, and GB traditionally struggles against mobile QBs because of their history of shitty LB play.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.