Skip to main content

@Tschmack posted:

A lot of fans aren’t classy.  Some of them are flat out jerkoff assholes.  

I am a coach on our daughters 14U traveling softball team.  It’s amazing some of the shit you see and hear at these games.  If it’s not some other coaches acting like complete tools it’s the overzealous and obnoxious parents that can be hard to stomach.  

The older daughter made it to state sectionals for HS tennis and the head coach of her team had to confront one team and their coach because they were actually yelling and screaming and taunting members of our team during live play.  A couple of the parents almost got into it.   For a minute I thought someone might show the hands.

Sports has become like just like anything else going on in the world.  People think they can say and do whatever the fuck they want.   Forget sportsmanship and etiquette, it’s cheer and taunt and yell and win at any cost.  Decency and respect is out the window for some of these rubes.

Matt Nagy probably deserves to be fired, but it’s classless to take it out on his kid in a game he’s playing.  

A parent was thrown out of a soccer match for dropping an n-bomb in the direction of one of my sons during a soccer game in high school. My son actually thought it was hilarious how ridiculous adults could behave at a kids game. He's as twisted as his old man.😜

Last edited by Goalline

To be fair to Nagy, some of that is the talent at QB, but still.....

Last edited by michiganjoe
@DH13 posted:

Report leaked that Bears are elevating GM Pace to president of football operations.

That would be hilarious.

That neuters Pace from making any personnel decisions.
"President" is mostly a figurehead and like Murphy, he'll be tasked with building the bears lame version of the Titletown District in Arlington

And yes, he'll fuck it up and we'll all laugh at the lameness of TrubiskyTown

@DH13 posted:

Wouldn't he also "choose the new GM"?

Perhaps. In the past, that was the way it worked, but in recent times the HC has had a bigger influence on choosing the GM and any hot HC candidates coming into Chicago are likely going to make that part of their demands.

Kyle Shanahan picked Lynch, Gruden picked Mayock, Andy Reid picked Veach.
As NFL HCs have morphed into CEO's, they've taken a greater role in choosing who they want to partner with in personnel and owners have realized the value of that option.

It harkens back to Parcells comments about cooking dinner/shopping for groceries.

It’s really interesting when you think about it.  Still not a fan of the Packers β€œtriangle of authority” structure, but when you compare that to the complete apathy and indifference of the Ford’s (Detroit), Mara’s (NYG), or McCasky’s (Chicago) I’ll still take GB’s version 100x over.  

Half the owners in the NFL don’t give a shit about winning or have no idea how and it would really suck to be a fan of one of those teams.  

Last edited by Tschmack

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.