Skip to main content

Harbaugh is seeking a lot of money.  The Bears are notorious cheap bastards (coaches) so that would be a mistake for him to go there.  Minnesota would make more sense but the Wilf’s don’t seem like they know WTF they are doing either.  The Raiders?  Please.  Mark Davis is a stooge.

His best move is to walk into the ADs office at UM and basically demand they double his salary.  If the two yokels at MSU and Penn State can make that kind of $ then Hairball is worth a lot more and if you are Michigan you can’t afford to lose momentum.

The one job that may be appealing is Carolina.  Their owner reminds me a lot of the Bucks ownership group in that he’s newer to the game and has no predisposed notions or old school family ties that tend to fuck things up.   He also appears to take some calculated risks and be willing to swing for the fences but not be an overbearing prick like Jerruh or Danny Boy.  If they can land a real QB that team has the pieces to be a threat in the future and with an aging Matty Ice and Brady and no QB in place in New Orleans they could make a series push in that division.

Last edited by Tschmack
@PackerHawk posted:

Yep, no one gives a shit about what he did in college. He was outstanding for the Niners. There was just a big issue between him and the front office.

Except Harbaugh wasn’t on anyones radar previously until he beat OSU, won a down year BigTen, and made it to the BCS.  He not a terrible coach, but I don’t get the hype. Sure, he was fine in SF based solely on record.  But that doesn’t tell the whole story IMO. We can agree to disagree.  Unless he gets a very talented team, I don’t think he’ll be much more than average.

edit - and he was generally considered by many a failure the past couple years at Michigan. He stock rose this year because he beat OSU and a weak schedule. And then got pounded by Georgia.

Last edited by PackLandVA
@Timmy! posted:

The Bears may be looking for someone who can fill an executive position that can hire a GM, represent the team in league/owners meetings, and has experience developing team-owned property.

I think I know just the guy...

There is a lot of economic development opportunity around Soldier Field. You could definitely build some sledding hills around it. Maybe even one of those water parks with a slide that ends in Lake Michigan.

Harbaugh is a lot like Bill Parcells.  He’s a bull in a china shop and will offend and piss people off.  His shelf life is probably 5 years.

But the guy wins.  His SF teams were tough as hell and you had to figure that he would eventually break through at Michigan.

He’s exactly the type of guy I would not want to see with the Bears.  His approach is play physical and RTFB and get after you on defense.  That’s exactly the blueprint of team that historically gives GB trouble from time to time.  

The only time I ever liked Harbaugh is when he was at Stanford and knocked off Pete Carroll's USC team when they were rolling over everyone, and Harbaugh had his team go for a two-point conversion when the game was already out of reach.  Really ruffled old Poodlehead.  Beyond that, his teams are a pain in the ass to play against and those khakis always look like he's got a diaper full of shit underneath them.  My daughter laughs because I call him Coach Poopy-pants.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.