Skip to main content

@Cheezers posted:

As much as it'll suck to have another domed team in the division, it does make sense.   As the article mentions, the dome would allow them to host Super Bowls (short trip for Packer fans), NCAA Final Fours, etc. - would raise some serious money for their new development and surrounding area.

All division home games after October would become a huge advantage for the Pack if this happens.

There is no reason to not have a Super Bowl, at Lambeau Field.  Cold weather and poor conditions have been part of the game, since it's inception.

@mrtundra posted:

There is no reason to not have a Super Bowl, at Lambeau Field.  Cold weather and poor conditions have been part of the game, since it's inception.

I can’t wait for the halftime show

Attachments

Images (1)
  • mceclip0
@mrtundra posted:

Actually there is a reason and it's not weather related at all.

Infrastructure

That's the biggest issue, having the infrastructure to handle the influx of people. There simply isn't enough hotels/restaurants in the area like say LA, Chicago, NY or Vegas.

That's the biggest issue, HOWEVER, I believe they're bringing the draft to Ashwaubenon in 2025

Green Bay will 'likely' host it in 2025 or 2027

https://www.acmepackingcompany...hy-packers-president

So, you've got that going for you....which is nice

@michiganjoe posted:

Wasn't  it  Objective Bears Fan who told how much better Fields would be?  Yah, right. 3 yards passing in the 1st half.

@ammo posted:

Wasn't  it  Objective Bears Fan who told how much better Fields would be?  Yah, right. 3 yards passing in the 1st half.

Minus the slop I do think he looked better.  But we're comparing that to last year's carnival ride.  One thing I did notice is there were several runs that went right up and through the niners' IDL.  I don't know if that was CHI scheme/play call catching them on their heels or if they actually have some G's that can move bodies.

CHI will be better prepared for us this week than in the past.  Getsy knows our O as well as anybody and just got pointers from MIN on how to attack our D.  GB should be favored but I don't see this as the usual walk in the park that it has been.

Unlike a lot of Bears QBs of the past, Fields can improvise and make something out of nothing.  He still looks very inconsistent down to down but if your defense has some concentration lapses he can hurt you with a big play.  His supporting cast is well below average which makes it a lot easier to keep him under wraps.

If the Bears can fix that O-Line in the next couple years and add a couple of explosive playmakers, I think Fields could someday be a pain in the ass to play against, but I feel like we should be able to keep him and the Bears offense under control at this point in time.  If we can’t, that is not a good sign for our defense going forward.

Time for the annual moment of silence to honor Chicago Bear fans who woke up today knowing that the competitive portion of their favorite team's season is, once again, over.

Took about a week later than many thought, but at least Bears' fans can sleep peacefully knowing that their roster is as craptastic as all the NFL analysts said it was all offseason.

See ya next season fellas.

Probably buried in the 5+ minute video for most to catch.  But click "pause" right around the 4:55 mark, and see if you notice anything.  Same old story! 

At least the City is trying to "keep it real".

Last edited by PackLandVA

They built a mall around a stadium. Very original. At least the Burnham/colonnade club is pretty cool.

One central transit hub ain't happening. Another corporate developer TIF boondoggle. After writing that, I change my mind. Probably will happen in some really cheap banal way.

Last edited by DH13
@PackLandVA posted:

Probably buried in the 5+ minute video for most to catch.  But click "pause" right around the 4:55 mark, and see if you notice anything.  Same old story! 

At least the City is trying to "keep it real".

I give. Looked twice. What am I looking for? I fucking hate riddles BTW.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.