Skip to main content

@BearBite posted:

Dome

Congrats on the new stadium plans, CHI lakefront is a pretty tasty locale

We're stoked to add another stadium to the list of places the Packers have beaten the bears:

Wrigley Field
Soldier Field 1.0
Soldier Field 2.0
Memorial Stadium ( Champaign)
Hagermeister Field
City Stadium
Wisconsin State Fair Park
Lambeau Field
Milwaukee County Stadium

and soon the Walter Payton Memorial Stadium brought to you by Abe Froman

And the financially broke city will pay for it by taxing their already overtaxed citizens (some of them) and businesses. Yay team.

Love the city (to visit) but sure glad I don’t live in Illinois anymore.

So my brother in law lives in the suburb they had originally planned to build their stadium.  It would have been a sweet deal for me I could have stayed at their house and walked to a Packers throttling of the Bears in about 5 minutes.  Freaking Bears screwed that up.

The last time I talked to him he said the Bears wanted a dome stadium so they can bid for Super Bowls etc. 

They really should have gone with Arlington.  They had a blank slate to develop a whole district the way they wanted to, reaping hills of cash.  Building on the lakefront will have the same major problems the current stadium has: capacity and infrastructure.

Hype Video!!

Halas has to be rolling over in his grave. So the Packers will be the only outdoor team in the NFC North (formally central).

I understand the need for multi-purpose, and the hype video highlights that well.

But Jesus, we will have a lot of pussified rivals playing in winter in Green Bay.

Last edited by packerboi

I don't like saying it but I haven't seen the cold be any advantage for the GBP in long time (have I?) 

the playoff game vs detroit holding Barry Sanders to negative yardage is the only thing that comes to mind and that was almost 30 years ago...

@Tdog posted:

I don't like saying it but I haven't seen the cold be any advantage for the GBP in long time (have I?)

the playoff game vs detroit holding Barry Sanders to negative yardage is the only thing that comes to mind and that was almost 30 years ago...

The Rams, Seahags, and Cryboys would beg to differ. The Packers also have amongst the best records in December in all of football.

And I’m fully convinced that this version of Jordan Love beats the whiners here at home in a brutally cold playoff game a couple years ago. Rodgers and the Special Teams sadly had brain freezes that night.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.