Skip to main content

@MikeGarafalo: TE Coby Fleener to the Saints. Big target for Drew Brees.

@RapSheet: The #Saints are signing TE Coby Fleener to a 5-year deal worth about $36M, source said. Large.

Last edited by ilcuqui

When you get right down to it.  Ted is watching the poor pick from the rich. Every year. It weakens the mass. 

You can't win a Lombadi every year. But you can win them with patience. 

And that's something the majority lacks. So use that to your advantage. 

Three of these things are always the same

@jasonjwilde:  Via @ESPNStatsInfo: Win % of teams spending most FA gtd money since 2011:
1. Dolphins .438
2. Colts .538
3. Buccaneers .287
4. Jaguars .238

Just a quick hit to Calvin Johnson. It sucks to see a generational talent like his go to waste. He gave all for Detroit and they ****ed him. 

You suck Detroit. You waste legends like no one else. Well. Except for Minny. They've lost Super Bowls. 

CUPackFan posted:

Just saw that Trevathan for 4 years $24.5m ($12m guaranteed).  Damn that's not a bad deal.  

It will be interesting to see how good he is without Von Miller flying all over the place...just sayin'...I'm sure we looked at him as an option...looks like we didn't want to pay that much.

Still...that isn't a "break-the-bank deal"...

GBFanForLife posted:
CUPackFan posted:

Just saw that Trevathan for 4 years $24.5m ($12m guaranteed).  Damn that's not a bad deal.  

He was probably standing right outside 1265 and Ted didn't even wave.

He shut the blinds. Didn't like the way the strange man standing outside 1265 was looking at him.

CUPackFan posted:

I would not complained if GB had spent that on Trevathan.  That seems like a pretty reasonable deal, not the deal a guy coming off a SB victory as part of an incredible defense.

I know position matters, but how crazy is it that Trevathan signs for $6M per while a 7 game starter Brock osweiler signs for $18M per.  

Last edited by RushRunner
RushRunner posted:

I know position matters, but how crazy is it that Trevathan signs for $6M per while a 7 game starter Brock osweiler signs for $18M per.  

How crazy is it that Trevathan signs for $6M per while AJ Hawk or Brad Jones or Lattimore or Perry got more than $23.74 per year?

AJ Hawk signed a bigger contract than Trevathan (5 years, $33.75 million)...

....back in 2011. 

In cap math, Hawk cost 150% of Eddie Lacy in 2015. 

Think on that for a while. 

Last edited by Herschel

That Trevathan deal is something GB should have done money wise.  That would sure up a glaring weakness relatively cheap.  Has Trevathan done anything any other year than this past year?  I don't know much about him.  I just know a lot of dumb teams sign a player for a huge contract after only one year of that player playing well.  The Green Bay Packers are not that dumb team.  I would rather have my team being cheap with free agency than dumb with free agency. 

They still need an ILB badly.  I will be disappointed if that position is not addressed somehow.  It has only been 5 years or so. 

Last edited by Troy

Does anyone really think TT avoids players that might hit his compensatory picks as compared to players who wouldn't?  I'd be extremely disappointed if TT saw a good player on the market at the right price that could help the team but avoided him b/c he might not get a 6th round pick next year (I figured Zach Brown would be worth no more than a 6th rounder).  

Regarding Trevathan, he's been well thought of in Denver since his rookie year and had a damn good 2013.  He had a serious injury in 2014, fracturing his kneecap but he bounced back in 2015 and had no real issues.  He's good but the Broncos have another really good young ILB in Brandon Marshall.  That's why they let him walk. 

CUPackFan posted:

Regarding Trevathan, he's been well thought of in Denver since his rookie year and had a damn good 2013.  He had a serious injury in 2014, fracturing his kneecap but he bounced back in 2015 and had no real issues.  He's good but the Broncos have another really good young ILB in Brandon Marshall.  That's why they let him walk. 

Thanks!  Sounds like something TT should have pulled the trigger on.  Maybe Trevathan only had intentions on going to the Bears because of Fox.  There wasn't much talk involving other teams.  Who knows? 

Maybe a FA ILB is just not in TT's plans.  If not, it better be in the draft and I am talking 1st or 2nd round.  No offense to Jake Ryan, but I want a starter this year.  No grooming.  This team doesn't have time for that. 

Troy posted:

That Trevathan deal is something GB should have done money wise.  That would sure up a glaring weakness relatively cheap.  Has Trevathan done anything any other year than this past year?  I don't know much about him.  I just know a lot of dumb teams sign a player for a huge contract after only one year of that player playing well.  The Green Bay Packers are not that dumb team.  I would rather have my team being cheap with free agency than dumb with free agency. 

They still need an ILB badly.  I will be disappointed if that position is not addressed

Troy posted:

They still need an ILB badly.  I will be disappointed if that position is not addressed somehow.  It has only been 5 years or so. 

^^^THIS^^^  I couldn't agree more.

somehow.  It has only been 5 years or so. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.