Skip to main content

Anything more than a 7th rounder would be robbery with Murray's lack of production away from that Cowboys OL coupled with his contract.   But as said, it's why the TItans have been picking in the top 10 so consistently since McNair's exit.  

Bummer about Dwayne Allen.  I was hoping the Colts would keep Fleener and let Allen walk.  Since it worked out the opposite, does TT look at Fleener?  I've never been a fan of him, always seemed a one dimensional TE but wasn't really all that athletic to make it work (like a Jimmy Graham or Julius Thomas).  

But he was asking the question because Marquand wanted to make sure Eli understood that the gay lifestyle is prevalent in Atlanta.

Just making sure all the bases were covered.

It's against federal law to ask that question, in addition to others like religion, disability, etc.  NFL is too big to continue to screw this up.  If I'm the NFLPA, I sue the league for ten figures.  It'd be an easy win and it's not like the relationship between the NFL and NFLPA can get any worse.  

Unbelievable the Titans trade the equivalent of a late second rounder (64th pick) for Murray.  If this trade happened in my fantasy league, it gets voted down.  So dumb.  

Where are the reports it was a third-rounder coming from? If it's a lower-round pick it could be a decent deal as Murray reportedly restructured his contract.  

Alonso is a guy, if healthy, who would have looked good in Green & Gold. 

Last edited by Herschel
CUPackFan posted:

And just saw that Dwayne Allen got $30m over 4 years.  Now I remember why TT avoids free agency.........he is not a $7-8m a year TE.  I was thinking more like $4m.  I'm guessing TT was too.  

Yeah, price of poker will only continue to get sillier and sillier. This will be a fun few days, even if Ted never even picks up his phone. (We can all agree Ted has a flip phone that he keeps in a kitchen drawer, yes?)

Dolphins to sign Mario Williams - some teams just don't get it......overpaying for veteran free agents while letting their own, younger players walk.  At what point do we lump the Dolphins in with the other inept franchises?  Or have we been doing that already?

I think every year before free agency starts, I beg TT to do something to fill our holes........then I see the money that gets thrown around by the same, dumb GM's and I remember why TT does it his way.  

CUPackFan posted:

It's against federal law to ask that question, in addition to others like religion, disability, etc.    

I don't think asking the question is in violation of the Discrimination (EEOC) laws, but what they do with the information in the answer provided is. It is a very bad idea to ask these types of questions because the employer opens themselves to discrimination claims down the road if there is a separation, but I don't think it is illegal.

Clearly Marquand needs some guidance/education on interviewing prospects.

CUPackFan posted:

Dolphins to sign Mario Williams - some teams just don't get it......overpaying for veteran free agents while letting their own, younger players walk.  At what point do we lump the Dolphins in with the other inept franchises?  Or have we been doing that already?

I think every year before free agency starts, I beg TT to do something to fill our holes........then I see the money that gets thrown around by the same, dumb GM's and I remember why TT does it his way.  

That's the thing, it's just idiot central the first couple of weeks.  I get why TT generally sticks to mid tier guys  just simply because of the value.  But the splashes he has made he obviously feels pretty locked in on.  Here's to hoping he can nab some of those young guys that become causalities of these type of signings.

CUPackFan posted:

This is actually a good move if the Dolphins don't want to spend an early pick on a pass rusher this year.

1. The pass rusher crop is thin.

2. Oliver Vernon is transition tagged and likely to get a huge offer sheet, with a poison pill clause. 

3. Cameron Wake is 33 and coming off a torn Achilles Tendon mid-way through last season. He'd be most likely to start on the PUP list. 

4. Derrick Shelby isn't a guy you want starting at DE. 

Hard to give the Dolphins the benefit of the doubt on anything, given their lavish free agent spending coupled with a complete lack of success on the field.  

My guess is Williams is getting $12m a year with Miami.  He was reportedly asking for $10m, so have to believe he's getting more if he's already agree to a contract so early in the process.  History says giving $12m per year for 31 year old pass rushers coming off their worst year rarely works out.  Plus, they're the Browns......I mean Dolphins.  Same thing these days.  

Dolphins also overpaid for a plus 30 WR well past his prime in Gerg Jennings. This has been a pattern for awhile. It's another team feeling bent to do something big to try and put butts in seats in September.

Being it is Schefter, this is likely more than just Forte's agent as the source.

If Pepp is recruiting him he may be inclined to come if the money works out. I'm guessing that's always the disconnect with TT...I think he takes a hard stance on offers and other teams simply outbid him. Forte more than likely wants to go to a contender so I doubt another contender will offer more than GB. 

One thing the pro-Forte crowd has going for them is the deterioration of the RB market.  Outside of the top five, no one pays RBs anymore, especially not 30+ year old RBs.  So I could actually see this happening as a replacement for Starks.  

Not surprising to see Malik Jackson get that much from Jacksonville.  They probably overpaid but the Jags had to get over that salary floor so as long as they structured the deal right, there's really no downside.  And Malik was very, very good this year.  Only potential risk is that he played his ass off in a contract year and won't put 100% effort in any more after this pay day. 

Last edited by CUPackFan

Insane..

Then again, consider the team.

Malik Jackson deal worth up to $90 million, $42 million fully guaranteed

Denver Broncos’ Malik Jackson (97) celebrates after scoring a touchdown during the first half of the NFL Super Bowl 50 football game against the Carolina Panthers Sunday, Feb. 7, 2016, in Santa Clara, Calif. (AP Photo/Jeff Chiu) AP

Shortly after word of a deal between the Jaguars and defensive end Malik Jackson broke on Tuesday, Jackson took to Twitter to share a message.

“What a time to be alive,” Jackson wrote.

For an unrestricted free agent defensive end coming off a strong year for the Super Bowl champs, indeed it is. Mike Klis of KUSA and Ian Rapoport of NFL Media have both reported the early numbers of the deal that Jackson has agreed to and it’s a big one.

Jackson is signing a six-year deal worth $85.5 million with another $4.5 million available in playing time incentives at the back end of the contract. Of that total payout, $45 million comes in the first three years and $42 million is guaranteed with Klis reporting that the guarantees cover both skill and injury.

John Fox trying to bring Danny Trevathan to Chicago

Danny Trevathan AP

Broncos linebacker Danny Trevathan played for John Fox for three seasons in Denver, and when Trevathan hits free agency tomorrow, he may join up with Fox again.

Fox is now head coach of the Bears, who are making a strong push for Trevathan, according to the Denver Post.

With Malik Jackson agreeing today to leave for Jacksonville, Trevathan could leave for Chicago and become the second Broncos defensive starter to bolt Denver in free agency. It’s not easy to keep together a defense like the one the Broncos had last year, and Denver is learning that the hard way.

In Chicago, Trevathan would be expected to provide an instant upgrade to the Bears’ defense. Fox knows what Trevathan can do, and he wants to bring him on board. Perhaps as soon as tomorrow.

Mike Tannenbaum continuing his stupidity.

@DMooreNFL:  

Ok, to finally clarify (per @AllbrightNFL):

#Eagles get 8th overall pick, 4th rd pick.

#Dolphins get 13th overall pick, Alonso & Maxwell.

CUPackFan posted:

Saw that Mario signed for $8m per year.  That's a little more palatable than I first thought. 

I like Peppers, but I'd rather have Mario for about the same amount of money next year.

packerboi posted:

Dolphins also overpaid for a plus 30 WR well past his prime in Gerg Jennings. This has been a pattern for awhile. It's another team feeling bent to do something big to try and put butts in seats in September.

Gerg was relatively cheap for the Dolphins at about 4 million in real dollars - it wasn't a bad risk for that. It was the Vikings that overpaid - about 18 million for 2 years in real dollars.

MichiganPacker posted:
CUPackFan posted:

Saw that Mario signed for $8m per year.  That's a little more palatable than I first thought. 

I like Peppers, but I'd rather have Mario for about the same amount of money next year.

**** him. He openly quit on his team last season. He and Suh should make beautiful music together.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.