Skip to main content

My ex wife's family are all Browns fans and I will be honest all the misery they get is just fine by me .   All kidding aside (sorta) though the clown show that is the Browns is just mind boggling.  I will give their fans credit for putting up with a team that currently has lost as many games on Sunday since the 1976-1977 Buccaneers. 

I think you almost have to try and be that bad so you can get fired so you can leave Cleveland.

Hungry5 posted:

Rap often has good sources, but I wonder if the source in this one was Hoyer's agent?

Exactly.

The guess here is Hoyer's agent "floats" the Packers are interested too & that gets the Pats to up their contract a little. Agent just doing his job

Brainwashed Boris posted:
Hungry5 posted:

Rap often has good sources, but I wonder if the source in this one was Hoyer's agent?

Exactly.

The guess here is Hoyer's agent "floats" the Packers are interested too & that gets the Pats to up their contract a little. Agent just doing his job

Thank God he went to Pats!  We'd be better off with Henry Burris than Hoyer.  When's the last time he won a game?  I'd much rather take my chances with Callahan. 

Per Wilde on the radio a bit ago, Packers called to see what Hoyer was thinking, his agent said he was signing with NE. 

So I think it was agent who made it sound like Packers tried to steal him. And if they called while Hoyer was en route to NE with the intent to sign, then it could be said that they tried to steal him. 

The fact that we are discussing Brian Hoyer negotiating tactics just took me back to the mid-1980's. Dilweg would be nice, but Marc Wilson is more affordable and actually wants to play here.

Depressing

Last edited by Tavis Smiley
michiganjoe posted:

Abbrederis cut by the Lions.

So they finally sucked all the Packer info they can get from the guy.  They don't get signed because they can play football.  They get signed for what they know. 

In Abby's case if he were just more durable, it would have helped his NFL career.  I wish him well. 

I saw today where Dwight Freeney was claimed off waivers by Detroit. 
Cassius Marsh was claimed by the Niners today also.
It's not like we needed a experienced, cheap pass rusher or anything....

Of course, Green Bay may have never had the chance assuming Loins and Niners were ahead of us in the claim pecking order. 
I would've liked to have tried Freeney before Marsh, especially now that Matthews has his annual injury had the opportunity existed. I doubt he could've been a starter, but he should've been able to handle 20-25 snaps per game.

I don't know if it was related, but the Loins released Ringo from their PS today also. He might be a body until Clark can return....

NFL Waiver Guide 

From the article:

How is waiver priority determined?

Just like the NFL Draft, the order for the waiver wire is determined by reversing the NFL standings from the previous season. The worst team in the league gets the top spot, the best team gets the last one.

Maybe I'm Rong but didn't they change it to reverse order of record a couple years back?

Even in Fantasy our waiver order changes weekly depending in wins / losses.

michiganjoe posted:

They will soon learn that McFadden is probably the better runner... and definitely  the better defensive line man.

Casey Hayward is November’s top defender in the AFC

Chargers cornerback Casey Hayward is away from the team and dealing with a family tragedy right now, but he was with them for all three of their games in November and his strong play was recognized by the league on Thursday.

Hayward has been named the defensive player of the month in the AFC. He helped the Chargers continue their rebound from an 0-4 start by intercepting three passes over the last two games.

The Chargers won both of those games, moving them to 5-6 on the year and leaving them a game back of the Chiefs in the race for the AFC West title. It’s unclear if Hayward will be back this weekend to help in the quest to catch Kansas City.

His brother was killed in a car accident on Monday night and coach Anthony Lynn said Hayward will be with his family until he feels ready to return to the team.

michiganjoe posted:

Team needs to find a player to replace Sam Shields but they also need to address a woefully anemic pass rush. Secondary will continue to be carved up by the better QBs without any real pressure.

Is the lack of pass rush talent or scheme? Mike Daniels, CM3, and Nick Perry are all good to great individual pass rushers at their positions. Kenny Clark collapses the pocket on the inside well also. They have two Pro Bowl caliber defensive lineman and two OLBs who any team in the league would take in a heartbeat.

Agree on the need to replace Shields, but guys that run 4.26 are not plentiful. How he was an UDFA is unbelievable. Had he not had the concussion problems, the Packers might have had two of the best UDFA CBs in the history of the NFL (Tramon Williams)

their DBs seem to play better once they leave Green Bay.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.