Skip to main content

GBFanForLife posted:

49er's get Garoppolo for a 2nd round pick. Why didn't Ted make the trade?

Because Garappolo becomes a free agent in 4 months and it would have cost Ted a 2nd round pick (at least) to "borrow" him for that small amount of time.

The 9ers will have to sign him to a major deal in order to keep him and Ted ain't doing that either. The latest rumors are that the 9ers may franchise him for one season, at the cost of 25 million, to see if he's worth signing to a long term deal.

Kind of like Cousins in Washington.

"We do what we do" Ted will be sticking with #7 and their boy Joey C.

Pikes Peak posted:

Kaep to the Pats

I hope someone signs him.

Maybe he'll sign with CLE just before they play GB and he'll light up Dom's D one more time and then he can crow I told you so!

Personally, I don't see the QB talent there. 

Giants CB Janoris Jenkins was a no show at practice yesterday. McAdoo said it was for personal reasons. 

Today McAdoo suspended Jenkins indefinitely for missing practice yesterday.

Between Philbin and McAdoo I’d have to say McCarthys coaching tree seems to have a bit of dry rot. 

There's a long ways to go, but Seattle and Philly certainly look like the favorites in the NFC to duke it out and these trades certainly don't hurt them.  I think if one of those 2 teams ends up with homefield advantage, they'll be the clear favorite.  Frankly, even if Seattle doesn't get homefield, I still might go with those guys just because they are battle tested. 

The Packers will always have a shot if Rodgers comes back healthy but until he does I can't seriously put them in the mix.  Definitely not the way they've played these last 2 weeks without him. 

Seattle and Philly right now, a lot of football be played though.  Rusty is playing great and with their D he can carry them and Philly is solid in all facets.  As always injuries or lack of them will rule the day.

It was all just sitting there this year. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. 

And **** Mike Zimmer. 

fightphoe93 posted:

There's a long ways to go, but Seattle and Philly certainly look like the favorites in the NFC to duke it out and these trades certainly don't hurt them.  I think if one of those 2 teams ends up with homefield advantage, they'll be the clear favorite.  Frankly, even if Seattle doesn't get homefield, I still might go with those guys just because they are battle tested. 

looking at Phillys schedule they havent played anyone. Weve played Seattle , Atlanta, Dallas and Minnesota

They beat Panthers and Redskins while losing to the Chiefs. Gets much tougher for them from here. Im not ready to put them up there yet.

ChilliJon posted:

It was all just sitting there this year. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. **** Barr. 

And **** Mike Zimmer. 

Found new wallpaper!

Wow the Packers went after Hoyer hard. 

I think if Hundley fails Monday night those pushing the Pack to sign Cap are going to have some real ammunition.

The tried to steal him, but Brian Hoyer ends up back in New England where he wanted to be.

I’m just spitballing here. But there’s a fairly strong chance kicking Hoyer’s tires are an indication that Dirty Harry might not be a suitable backup at this particular moment in time. 

Its also a pretty strong indication we’ve seen the very last of Aaron Rodgers until the 2018 campaign. 

Agreed, Chilli. I don't see how this is a vote of no confidence in Hundley. It speaks more to whether Hundley gets hurt, given his willingness to run with the football to pick up some yards. If it's down to Callahan and the very raw PS guy they just signed, they are in trouble.

I don't think it confirms that Rodgers won't be available this year.  I think it's about compiling wins while he is out to stay in the playoff race.  Think about it: if you know Rodgers is completely done for the year, do you really consider the Packers contenders this year?  The obvious answer is "no."  And if that is the case, what's the point of finding another QB for the short term?  Let the season play out; examine Hundley's progression (or lack thereof) over the course of the year.  And if we lose, so be it.  We get higher draft picks.  

The more I think about it, the more I think that their attempt to sign Hoyer means that there is a real chance that Rodgers returns.  

I will say with virtual certainty that MM believes he can contend with Hundley. Let’s be honest. Seattle and Philly are not elite teams. Both have plenty of ugly on them. 

Everyone at 1265 knows the season is over if Dirty Harry has to start should Hundley go down. Hoyer was an insurance policy to win games if needed to keep the season alive. 

So agressively going after Hoyer leads me to believe AR isn’t returning. 

The reports coming out regarding the Browns attempted trade with Cincy for AJ McCarron are mind blowing. 

Its not just that Cleveland completely ****ed up the entire trade deadline process. That would almost be dismissible. Because, well, Cleveland. 

But on top of not filing the paperwork with the league office properly, they:

Couldnt agree internally what to offer for McCarron. Word is a 2nd and 3rd Round picks (which is complete insanity on its own)

And because of this internal strife someone inside the front office may or may not have sabatoged the entire deal. 

So Cleveland still has no QB. No direction. And a clown show in the front office. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.