Skip to main content

Loins @ GB Gamecenter

Packers Pregame Radio Show (starts two hours before the game):
Listen Here to WTMJ
 (They also broadcast the game)

Announcers:

• ESPN is in its 12th season as host of the most successful series in sports television history, Monday Night Football. Play-by-play man Sean McDonough is joined by analyst Jon Gruden for the 48th season of MNF broadcasts, with Lisa Salters reporting from the sidelines.

Captains Today's captains will be QB Brett Hundley (offense), LB Nick Perry (defense) and WR Trevor Davis (special teams).

Inactives:

Green Bay PackersGreen Bay Packers

44 CB Donatello Brown
48 LB Joe Thomas
55 LB Ahmad Brooks
74 T Ulrick John
77 G/T Adam Pankey
80 TE Martellus Bennett
91 DT Quinton Dial

Detroit LionsDetroit Lions

Don CareySSInactive 
Kenny GolladayWRInactive 
Tion GreenRBInactive 
Steve LongaOLBInactive 
Greg RobinsonOTInactive 
Jeremiah ValoagaDEInactive 
Zach ZennerRBInactive

Video/Links: 

Trailer

Final Thoughts

Performances to Watch

Last Look

Dopesheet

Infographic

Packers Unscripted

Rock Report: "Ground" Game

Packers CB Kevin King added to injury report

Last edited by Cavetoad
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

As I've mentioned in a couple of threads since the injury---this is about the "other" 52 players and their personal and professional pride at being elite football players. If they are only good for having Aaron freaking Rodgers as their QB, and if they suddenly become losers.....shame on them. Their manhood is in the midst of a test.

Oh, and Capers sucks.

This might be the biggest non-playoff game the Packers have played for a while in terms of what it means for their long-term situation.

The defense has to put pressure on Stafford. If they get beat because Stafford reads a blitz and unloads the ball early on a hot route, so be it. But if they get beat because Stafford can stand like a statue in the pocket and wait for guys to get open, that's unacceptable. They've had two weeks to prepare against a team with a mediocre at best OL and without any superstar WRs or RBs. There is no excuse not to hold Detroit under 24 points with the defensive talent they have.

On offense, the most important thing will be whether they take the training wheels off of Hundley. If there are no downfield throws to Nelson, Adams, Cobb, and Allison then we know that they don't think Hundley is capable of making those reads and throws. If that's the case, then MM and TT are guilty of not ensuring they had an NFL caliber backup QB. I don't want to see a bunch of dump downs tonight.

I don't think they have to win tonight to provide some hope for a future without Rodgers down the road, but they absolutely can not be blown out. If they have no chance in the fourth quarter tonight, then it's time to consider the end of the MM/TT era in Green Bay.

MichiganPacker posted:

On offense, the most important thing will be whether they take the training wheels off of Hundley. If there are no downfield throws to Nelson, Adams, Cobb, and Allison then we know that they don't think Hundley is capable of making those reads and throws. If that's the case, then MM and TT are guilty of not ensuring they had an NFL caliber backup QB. I don't want to see a bunch of dump downs tonight.

No, no, no, no, no no! I want to see dump offs. Screens. Motion. More shallow TE crosses. WR screens. Jet sweeps. More Aaron Jones carries. More Ty out of the backfield. I want to see creativity in the offense. Detroit is the worst defense in football at giving up yards after the catch. So get the ball out fast and pile up YAC. 

I don’t want to see Hundley having to break containment because Jordy, Adams, Cobb, and Allison struggle to create separation running 1978 era vertical stick routes. I’ve seen enough of that. I don’t need to know whether or not Hundley can hit those passes. I don’t want to watch him try when it’s beating your head against a wall. I’m not saying don’t take shots but set the table first. 

Break a defense down underneath. Force the safeties up. Two weeks prep for tonight had better result in a different looking offensive scheme. 

ChilliJon posted:
MichiganPacker posted:

No, no, no, no, no no! I want to see dump offs. Screens. Motion. More shallow TE crosses. WR screens. Jet sweeps. More Aaron Jones carries. More Ty out of the backfield. I want to see creativity in the offense. Detroit is the worst defense in football at giving up yards after the catch. So get the ball out fast and pile up YAC. 

I don’t want to see Hundley having to break containment because Jordy, Adams, Cobb, and Allison struggle to create separation running 1978 era vertical stick routes. I’ve seen enough of that. I don’t need to know whether or not Hundley can hit those passes. I don’t want to watch him try when it’s beating your head against a wall. I’m not saying don’t take shots but set the table first. 

Break a defense down underneath. Force the safeties up. Two weeks prep for tonight had better result in a different looking offensive scheme. 

Good points. I want some creativity as well. They have to scheme to get Jordy and Adams open. However, unless they show that Hundley can threaten teams vertically, then there will be a lot of 8 man in the box defenses that will be difficult to run against and those short routes won't be as effective without forcing LBs and safeties to have to get some depth on their drops.  

Blair Kiel posted:

As I've mentioned in a couple of threads since the injury---this is about the "other" 52 players and their personal and professional pride at being elite football players. If they are only good for having Aaron freaking Rodgers as their QB, and if they suddenly become losers.....shame on them. Their manhood is in the midst of a test.

Oh, and Capers sucks.

...and throw in the coaches.   I want to see some creativity Dammit and some trust in the QB.   Let's see what we have in Hundley.  

It's a ****ing win win scenario for the Packers 

Win and there is hope.  Hope for a better tomorrow.  Hope for a greater day.  The NFL loves this **** but college football is so much better at bottling it up and selling it. 

Lose?  Keep losing.  Tank it like the San Antonio Spurs in a one off year and get a Tim Duncan and win multiple titles. 

In a nutshell that is also Hundley.  Play well and parlay your value. Or suck and you are out like trout. 

It's all good in the hood 

Last edited by Tschmack

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.