Skip to main content

@Pakrz posted:

I don't think the cupboard in GB is as bare as some would lead us to believe.  Certainly more talent needs to be added there and Adams left a gaping hole at WR1, but Cobb, Lazard and Watkins can all play.  I'm also not writing off Amari.  He can make a big jump from year 1 to 2.  This also doesn't account for any veteran pickups that may come in before the season starts.  

Not trying to toss out rainbows and butterflies, but GB is going to be fine.

Watkins and Cobb have missed 37 combined games the last four years (18 Watkins, 19 Cobb).

Watkins will be 29 at season’s start, and Cobb 32.

Even Lazard has missed 8 games the last two seasons.

Those are the three guys we are principally expecting to assume the lion’s share of pass targets. It’s a long shot gamble that those three guys will even stay healthy for the season, let alone expect them to perform solidly as #1 and 2 receivers. Behind them we have NOTHING. Amari Rodgers showed not a damn thing last year. Simply fielding punts was an adventure every time to the point where he was replaced by Cobb late in the season.  Part of that could be the diminished camp because of COVID. But I have seen nothing from him that leads me believe he’s ready to take a step forward and in any way contribute to the passing game.

We better pray to God that Robert Tonyan is ready to go, and pretty damned quick. But knowing how ultra conservative the Packer medical team is, it may be mid season before we even see him on the sidelines. The story has been that he will be ready to go week one, and may even be ready for training camp in July.

Does anybody believe that? He tore his ACL October 28th. We also heard that David Bakhtiari would be ready, and outside of some 20 snaps at the end of the season, he was out the entire year.

I see a lot of complaining on Times Four about how our receivers can’t get separation in upcoming game threads. I hope I’m wrong, but I see a frustrated Rodgers ahead. Brian Gutekunst has shit the bed at one of the most important positions in the NFL. The front office dicked around in negotiations with Davante Adams, and now he’s gone. The talent of Rodgers and Adams masked the lack of talent at receiver for so much of the last three years. It showed in the playoffs. Now Adams is no longer here.

If we’re hoping and praying to pick off the scraps from other team’s discard piles, we’re in serious trouble. But hey, maybe we can sign an over the hill 33 year old Julio Jones! We’ll be saved!

Last edited by lambeausouth

So I know this isn’t gonna happen, but……

….maybe the reports about Waller and the Packers could some legs.

Waller was reported to be traded with the Raiduhs’ First Rounder but league rules nixed it. So LAV sends the 2nd in place of Waller. And then it broke that Waller would be traded back for the 2nd.  But it didn’t happen.  Well, why would it? Not yesterday anyway. Maybe the “deal” is that when pick #53 is on the clock, if there’s a player the Raiduhs want, the Packers can trade the pick for Waller. And if not, the Packers make the pick. Maybe?

Nah.

Last edited by PackLandVA

Watkins and Cobb have missed 37 combined games the last four years (18 Watkins, 19 Cobb).

Watkins will be 29 at season’s start, and Cobb 32.

Even Lazard has missed 8 games the last two seasons.

Those are the three guys we are principally expecting to assume the lion’s share of pass targets. It’s a long shot gamble that those three guys will even stay healthy for the season, let alone expect them to perform solidly as #1 and 2 receivers. Behind them we have NOTHING. Amari Rodgers showed not a damn thing last year. Simply fielding punts was an adventure every time to the point where he was replaced by Cobb late in the season.  Part of that could be the diminished camp because of COVID. But I have seen nothing from him that leads me believe he’s ready to take a step forward and in any way contribute to the passing game.

We better pray to God that Robert Tonyan is ready to go, and pretty damned quick. But knowing how ultra conservative the Packer medical team is, it may be mid season before we even see him on the sidelines. The story has been that he will be ready to go week one, and may even be ready for training camp in July.

Does anybody believe that? He tore his ACL October 28th. We also heard that David Bakhtiari would be ready, and outside of some 20 snaps at the end of the season, he was out the entire year.

I see a lot of complaining on Times Four about how our receivers can’t get separation in upcoming game threads. I hope I’m wrong, but I see a frustrated Rodgers ahead. Brian Gutekunst has shit the bed at one of the most important positions in the NFL. The front office dicked around in negotiations with Davante Adams, and now he’s gone. The talent of Rodgers and Adams masked the lack of talent at receiver for so much of the last three years. It showed in the playoffs. Now Adams is no longer here.

If we’re hoping and praying to pick off the scraps from other team’s discard piles, we’re in serious trouble. But hey, maybe we can sign an over the hill 33 year old Julio Jones! We’ll be saved!

And rookie WRs never miss any games. It's in their contracts or something.

I hope Vegas is lucky for the Green Bay Packers in day two. Let’s get some young studs with high character that honor our team’s remarkable history.

Make this team great with your decisions today, Brian. I have to believe you have a plan.

@CUPackFan posted:

Packers have the least talented WR corp in the league.  If that doesn't concern you, then fine.  But don't pretend that Watkins, Lazard, and Cobb aren't the 32nd best WR trio in the league.

I agree they are garbage. I don’t see adding a couple rookies changing that significantly either.     17 hid a lot of the warts. This team needs pass catchers other than the ones on the roster to be a contender.

@NumberThree posted:

Getting two first round draft picks in one of the best receiver drafts in recent memory while implementing a draft plan of moving up in the second round to get a receiver no one really wanted anyway but you're forced to move up out of desperation of not getting a single receiver at all is the most Packers draft thing ever.

We are literally a draft class/FA trade away from a Super Bowl, and they mailed it in with stupidity.

You seem to think Gutey can juast snap his fingers and a team will trade with him and only to the benefit of the Packers.  If you make the call it is going to cost you.  If the other teams contact you first then you have the leverage.

Stick to fantasy football cause you don't know shit about real football.

@pkr_north posted:

That’s a steep price but we got the wr

What’s the alternative? Sit back and hope Alec Pierce, a volleyball player still learning football, is there when you pick? They had to move up or risk getting garbage.

@Iowacheese posted:

JF

pickens available and get ND dundum

like not taking VaTJ Watt

Alphabet won’t let this die either.

Pickens damaged goods…blew ACL early in his career, recovered but reinjury always possible, especially if non-NFL doc did surgery…also going to be 24 soon. I get why they took Watson.

@Chongo posted:

What’s the alternative? Sit back and hope Alec Pierce, a volleyball player still learning football, is there when you pick? They had to move up or risk getting garbage.

Watson's route tree is not very good at this time. But he has the size and speed and is a good blocker. RTF.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.